Tax delinquent notice

Recieved a DELINQUENT TAX NOTICE for 2020 and 2021 from a San Antonio Law Firm

Called tax office talk to Rosemary. Told me to DISREGARD IT They have a new company working on it… I will be contacted once all this gets settled. Pray to God they do :pray:

Has anyone had the same situation?

I also received a delinquent tax warning from a law firm. I have copies of my tax bill from 2021 which I paid. I tried to call the Reeves County tax office. The line was busy. How difficult was it for you to get through to Reeves county?

I have a thread on a similar topic - so far have received the delinquent tax notice from two law firms - Do We Screw Them and How - referencing unpaid taxes to Balmorhea ISD. My wells are in PBT ISD and Josh at the appraisal district verified such today. The appraisal district and the tax office will be forever blaming this on their software change over.

Here is the other thread already started on this topic.

Two years ago I started receiving collection notices out of the blue. I own minerals in Reeves County and ALWAYS pay my taxes on time. I was given the runaround by the Reeves County Tax office EVERY SINGLE TIME I called. My questions were met with disdain, accusatory tones, even one questioning me as to why I didn’t go ahead and just pay the delinquent amount. One lady blamed the operating company for giving the tax office my information (that particular oil company has no idea who I am). I FINALLY realized there is ANOTHER lady in Arkansas with the same name (different middle initial). They were sending her bills to me. After approximately a year of constant harassment and collection notices, and me making one last, very heated phone call to them, the collection letters stopped. Until yesterday. I got another one for $15. On the same well they’d mistakenly assigned to me years ago. I’m considering contacting my oil and gas attorney here in Oklahoma. Their inept behavior at Reeves County Tax offices appears to border on criminal mismanagement, negligence, intentional duplicates or cases of supposed “mistaken identity” as in my situation.

1 Like

I think it’s time for a Class Action Lawsuit Reeves County is essence fraudulenty charging mineral owners taxes and unlawfully referring incorrect bills to collection agencies

4 Likes

I agree. Imagine the taxpayer dollars being spent hiring collection agencies for falsely accused delinquencies. Consider the enormous sums of money they receive on erroneously charged duplicate taxes. The magnitude of paid employees to create generated tax documents is overwhelming. Unfortunately, the Texas overseer of government misconduct and improprieties is himself embroiled in scandal. It would be difficult to try to hold people accountable when it appears that anarchy reigns.

3 Likes

Is it the County Tax Office or the ISD Tax Office. For each owner, there should be two tax accounts. The offices are across the street from one another and not populated to one Tax account

You can do a search in the upper right that contains many threads about the origin of the problems with Reeves CAD, which have been going on a number of years.

1 Like

Is this an ethical or legal issue for the State Bar of Texas to consider?

1 Like

In my view, for a law firm to initiate actions against a taxpayer at the behest of a government agency would require that they have validated the veracity of the claim being made against the taxpayer.

1 Like

I too have received a delinquent tax notice from Linebarger, Gogga, Blair and Sampson for taxes that I have already paid in full in Reeves County, Texas. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SUCH INCOMPETENCE AS I HAVE SEEN IN THE REEVES COUNTY TAX OFFICE IN REEVES COUNTY, TEXAS. WHAT A MESS. I’m paying more in taxes to Reeves County than I am in my personal incomes taxes which I pay to the Federal government, the State of New Mexico, the State of Oklahoma and other counties in Texas.The tax rate and number of incorrect letters and notices they have sent me is ridiculous.

I am also extremely disappointed in the operator for my interests in wells in Reeves County, Texas. Their revenue statements are a mess, they won’t answer my questions, and more recently, won’t answer a question I had about unexplained “owner deductions” that have appeared on my statements. I asked nicely over a month ago about the deductions and they still haven’t answered me. They said they forwarded my question to the legal department! What? Why?What are they hiding?

I AM DISAPPOINTED IN REEVES COUNTY, TEXAS. I sense dishonesty in the people I’m dealing with there… Maybe I should sell my interests before the oil industry and the planet collapses, I am very tired of dealing with these entities and these people on different levels.

2 Likes

Anyone can hire an attorney to send a letter or notice regarding a legal matter such as a new fence being placed across the property line or an unpaid bill. This is not the same as starting legal proceedings by filing a lawsuit. That requires diligence to verify the accuracy of the claims being filed in the court. Here the problem is that Reeves County has not maintained accurate records of the taxes billed and paid for a number of years. Since the Tax Assessor and/or the County Appraisal Office is aware that the records are faulty, it is irresponsible to pay the law firm to send out these delinquency notices. I suggest sending a certified letter to both Reeves Tax Office and to the San Antonio office of the Linebarger law firm denying that the taxes are due. That provides you with proof that you have communicated with them. Maybe a flood of letters will have an effect. Or maybe not…

2 Likes

I just completed the analysis for my appraisal protest for my spec of land in Block 59, Section 16. What I discovered is that the ‘comps’ they are using are not. Although the 2023 Reeves Land Pricing Schedule does adjust for the number of acres, it does not adjust for the differences in location, usage, access, and market area. In fact, it shows the same value for all market areas and all categories, effectively eliminating relevance, reliability, and rightness.

3 Likes

I believe we"re neighbors in reeves co Block 59 (sect 17 for me), literally sharing a virtual fence line. And neighbors in residence (Little Rock and Memphis). Happy to share my ARB tribulations and conversations with landmen and others on market valuation of our land in the western part of the County. I haven’t been able to figure out how to create a private message/email, but I would be happy to discuss with you! David Zanca

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.