Stephens County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks Joe…looks like they had pretty good interest in the minerals back in Sept. to pay that so maybe they are still interested in stuff around there.

Was disappointed to see online that our Newfield check for wells on Sec. 16 2n4w in Stephens is less for this month than in several months. Since oil has been up so good lately was really expecting it to be up.

Linda, I leased my rights in sec 31 2N 4W in Sept., 2017, for $2400 & 3/16 royalty if that’s of any help to you.

Joe, I have interest in S312N4W and my lease just expired. I sent a friend request, would love to know who leased. Thanks!

Linda, same for Sec. 19 2N 4W. Hoping the Jo Ann 2 and 3 may be coming our way???

I’m thinking that Newfield drilled the first Jo Ann and I figured they would be the ones drilling 2 and 3 but several months ago when we went down to look around with our friends the 2 holes were there when it had been spud but had the yellow mesh fence around them and it was still there but falling down a month or so later when we went back. Guess it hadn’t been completed as there was no well head, etc…Just the holes in the ground.

Have some good friends that are also anxiously awaiting those Jo Ann 2 and 3. Have you heard anything lately about them?

Regarding 19 2N 4W, do we know who’s drilling the wells and the directions of their horizontals?

Seems my life has been full of a lot of dud spuds…

Sorry to hear that information, Linda. I was hoping the OCC well browse was just way behind, but nothing like and eye-witness.

Notice the price of WTI oil was $70. and some change this morning and the Brent price was I believe over $75. That may encourage more drilling. Maybe our checks will go back up as they were down this month from Newfield.

Hate having to bring any bad news. Maybe with oil prices shooting up like they are they will change their minds and go ahead with the drilling of those two Jo Anns.

Changing the subject: We received another offer to purchase our minerals in sec. 34 2n 4w in Stephens. This company is saying they might pay up to $20,000 in that section. The company is called Boomslang Resources, LLC. The area code on their phone number is 972. Can anyone tell me anything about this company? Would appreciate any thing you can tell us.

Neither Jo Ann well has been completed yet. Both spud in May of 2017.

Thanks Huey! Just thinking now that we may have seen the well site where they were spud when our friends came down and went with us. There was a location when there were two large holes with a metal ring around them where Preston said looked like they had been spud. Thought it odd that the location had not been graveled yet. So you think they might be just waiting on a rig or something like that?

Hello, Z.Mann here, way down in Nashville, Tn. I believe my Continental lease expires around the first of the year-( Stephens County Section 7, 1N, 6W )---and I am wondering if anyone knows anything about interest from anyone leasing in the area?

Went back down to where the Jo Ann numbers 1 and 2 were Spud but nothing else has been done yet. Guess they could possibly be waiting for a rig to get loose???

I meant Jo Ann wells numbers 2 and 3.

In the day and practice of Drilling One (1) Deep Hole Well below 15,000 ft within a 640 acres ,same section, every Mineral Owner in that Section stood to benefit if the well became A Producing Well.

I am confused because now they drill in Particular Quarters of A Section and there are Limited Mineral Owners .

The Deep Hole Well below 15000 ft goes

down past the shallower wells deep.

How can a deep hole well miss what shallow wells find ?

Tks John

1 Like

John, horizontal wells usually include all royalty owners in the section, some are even multi-section wells. If a well is limited to certain royalty owners in a smaller drilling unit it is most likely a vertical well. Picture a vertical well producing from an underground lake and a horizontal well from a river.

Those Metaphors present a vivid understanding - Michael . Tks

However , something must have Changed since 1981-85. Because I have minerals in two(2) sections in Grady and minerals in one (1) Stephens Counties.

Eva Graham S20-3N-7W (Grady);and, S13-2N-7W Stephens ;

The Anadarko Basin has Historically been referenced to AS DEPTH HOLE COUNTRY- meaning below 15000 ft.

And when a Hole was drilled at or Beyond that depth , it was one (1) per 640 Acres and ALL MINERAL OWNERS were participating and stood to gain from A Single Hole.

As in the case of Eva Graham.

When the Rush Springs well came in at 10,000,000 + cubic feet of Gas a day they had to Throttle it down production wise.

That's when I leased S21-3N-8W: $2500.00 an Acre and 1/5 Royalty.

Expecting a deep hole to be Drilled but Nothing happened.

And there's the Woolover Trust in Stephens a Deep Hole Well which came up DRY.

YET in other Quarters of Sect 13 Oil has been found.

Eva Graham was looking pretty good at 1000,000 cubic feet a day still yet it was Declared a Dry Hole.

Your metaphor analogy is easy to understand. But I my thinking was operating under a different understanding.

So what has changed ?

Tks John

1 Like

John are you trying to say all the oil in Anadarko Basin is below 15,000 ft? That is far from being correct.

Regardless, the well payments are distributed to those in the spacing unit. The spacing unit is determined by the OCC based on testimony of the geological make of the formation being harvested.

The first link below describes it. The next two have additional info. Additionally, just because something is spaced at 640 acres, does not mean it covers the entire section. I recently had a well that the 640 acre spacing covered the East 1/2 of one section and the West 1/2 of the adjacent section. So a portion of our property was force pooled on the well, and the remainder is not covered by the production of the well.

At the bottom is a cross section of the Anadarko Basin. There are MANY formations in each one of those Systems. Any one of those could hold hydrocarbons.

http://www.occ.state.ok.us/ap/spacing.html

http://www.occeweb.com/og/ogpubasst.htm

http://www.occeweb.com/og/optionalproceduremanual.pdf