Stephens County Chit-Chat

Linda, it's just adding an image gif...I'm not a sore loser so props to the horns...they just whooped us. I've always said it doesn't matter who's ranked where or who has a better record, when it comes to the Red River Rivalry or Bedlam, it could go either way. Bet Mack Brown just had a "phew" moment lol.

When my cousin calls I was just going to answer in Chinese or something but you got me first!!! We're really fans of the "Tulsa Golden Hurricanes" Congrats you Texans!

I've been a bit busy this weekend, and last. 4 half marathons in 9 days.

Mineral Wells, Tx. Lawton, OK. Oklahoma City, OK. And Tyler, Tx. The one in Tyler was the 4th of a 4 race series during the year which resulted in the extra medal. With any luck, I'll complete two more next weekend to make it 6 in 16 days. Oklahoma City, OK and Des Moines, IA. Then I get a little break.

Congratulations Rick,

I'm out of breath thinking about all that running. Good luck on your next races.

Clint Liles

Quite the achievementā€¦ā€¦CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I also run almost every day. When I get up in the morning I run around the block and when Iā€™m finished I kick it back under the bedā€¦lol.

Good luck on the next two!

Hang in there knees! Congratulations! What an effort!!

Now that's funny!

Lloyd & Lea said:

Quite the achievementā€¦ā€¦CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I also run almost every day. When I get up in the morning I run around the block and when Iā€™m finished I kick it back under the bedā€¦lol.

Good luck on the next two!

You are the M-A-N Rick!!!

Congrats Rick...L&L...Makes ME tired just thinking about running around your block!! lol

Well, my cousin called while I was gone and left a message for me on the house phone. Something like "HOW BOUT THOSE LONGHORNS! We need to talk!!" I was about ready to call him and find out if he was sick or dead or something after I didn't hear from him on the day of the ballgame or on Sun. but I guess he's still alive and well and being a pester butt!! lol Can't help it~Love him in spite of himself!!! lol

Linda, I usually just scan the Stephens Group to pick out bits of useful information and couldn't help sympathizing. We found a doctor at the OU Medical Center's Orthopedic Clinic who is a SAINT. Dr T. Puckett. AND, they accept Medicare!! Send me an email if you would like more info, hope this helps, he saved my husband's life.

Linda Rigtracker said:

A brief rain here today gave a tiny bit of welcome moisture because we are nearly right back to the same drought situation that we had at the start of the summer. Everything but the grasshoppers and Johnson Grass growing in the ditches is dying from the heat and dryness! For some reason the grasshoppers don't like Johnson Grass (weeds in our books) either!!! But they sure do like our flowers, shrubs and tomato plants. They've stripped and killed the potted plants I had bought to sit on the porch. We've pretty much given up trying to keep a pretty yard this year and will probably have to replant everything next year if we stay here. We've lived in the same home for 32 yrs. now but if we decide to move or just move our heavy furniture out to lay new carpet we'll have to find us some "Muscle for Hire". P. and I have both had back trouble from time to time and our youngest son (the one that lives close has had back surgery last year). He has always been strong as an ox and lifted on heavy stuff until he tore something and had to have it repaired but not before a year of suffering.

Me, I was so looking forward to getting on Medicare and a Suppliment for a long time so I could go see my son's back doctor for what I believe to be a pinched nerve in my back causing my leg and foot to be numb. So I called that Doctor Ordor up by the Oklahoma Spine Instiute where he did son's surgery and the receptionist said they don't take medicare! Kiss my foot!!! I was so disappointed! Didn't know they had a choice as to whether they could take it or not. That may be why some want to get Obama Care. I've never been for it but if all these baby boomers are depending on Medicare and the doctors are going to refuse them as patients we might need to try something else. My friend said, "Oh, yeah, my OBGYN Doctor I've had for years said now he can't see me any longer because I got on Medicare" No, I am not trying nor will I to get in a political discussion. Just an observation through frustration.

Oh, yeah, PLEASE PRAY FOR RAIN AGAIN~IT WORKED LAST TIME!

M. Adams...Thanks for the information about the doctor. If this appt. that I have with Dr. McArthur w/McBrides does help I'll be contacting you for more information. What did he do for your dad? Appreciate the info. Also thanks to anyone who prayed for rain. They said it rained all day one day while we were gone. Still need more but it helped a lot! Preston brought in a large tomato this morning and then turn it over and show me the grasshoppers had eaten the whole back side out of it! I hate those things!!!! Was hoping they would drown.

Blessings:)

Linda

ATTENTION: Linda,

http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Grasshoppers

All those grasshoppers have had to eat is tomato, so cook and eat the grasshoppers. Might taste like tomato?

Clint Liles

Linda Rigtracker said:

M. Adams...Thanks for the information about the doctor. If this appt. that I have with Dr. McArthur w/McBrides does help I'll be contacting you for more information. What did he do for your dad? Appreciate the info. Also thanks to anyone who prayed for rain. They said it rained all day one day while we were gone. Still need more but it helped a lot! Preston brought in a large tomato this morning and then turn it over and show me the grasshoppers had eaten the whole back side out of it! I hate those things!!!! Was hoping they would drown.

Blessings:)

Linda

lol Clint...now there's an idea! We could have a feast on all the grasshoppers around here. Never another hungry day!!! lol Once when we were in grade school my dad brought in a jar of chocolate covered grasshoppers someone had given him from one of those speciality shops but none of us would try them. Should have I guess they might have taste like chocolate covered tomatoes! Yummm!

Beautiful Fall Day here in Lindsay, Ok. today. We lost most of our tomatoes to the grasshoppers and we went nearly to Marlow this afternoon to a field where they irrigate and you could gather your own and we got home with about 37 lbs. Then as Preston carried them in a grasshopper was on his hand (still trying to take them away from us) but he's History now!!! Anyway that's the reason we went through part of the diggins. Now P's taking a nap and I'm going to take some freshly cooked stew and some fresh tomatoes to his sister. Blessings!

Well, looks like we'll be using less natural gas (tonight anyway). Since both of our Carbon Monoxide detectors have gone off now Preston turned off the gas, first to our hot water heater and then when that didn't stop it he turned off the gas to our central heating unit. It's stop the alarms now. We better get on our woolies as he opened some windows too! Brrrrrrr*****~~~ In the morning he said we'd have it checked out and he went back to bed. Me, I don't think I'll be doing any sleeping for a while (well natural sleeping anyway~lol) I at least want to stay alive until I see that first big check! I want to leave it to our kids and grandkids but not just yet!!! lol

Oh, man, I'm hurting all over! Preston and I have been over going through the stuff at dad's house and trying to clean and get it ready to sell. You can't imagine what a man that has lived 93 years had collected. Mom died in 1994 and daddy really did really well taking care of himself (until this last year or two) but they had lived in that same house since I was in the seventh grade. (many moons ago!) and it has been a huge job just going through all the papers and pictures not to mention the clothes and everything else. Bless my hubby's heart he has worked over there all day long and until 10:00 tonight. He didn't hesitate to head for the bed as soon as his shower was over and I'm sure he's already in dream land. May have a few leg cramps to wake him. He can work circles around me (which isn't hard to do anymore) but as dad use to say "his tail was a draggin" tonight. Tomorrow we plan to go down to Lake Texoma for the day and clean on dad's lake cabin and a couple is suppose to come look at it and hopefully buy it. We so much would like to get this stuff all taken care of before the holidays and the first of the year. I was a real estate agent for a few years and I know places just don't sell as well (maybe in AZ but not around here anyway) in the winter time. Goodnight All!

WHAHOOOO!! Our son's TU Women's Golf Team won the Championship that was in Gulf Shores, Al. these last two days. He has mainly freshman girls this year and they have been struggling some but they really got it together for this one. Congrats Girls!!!

Ran a 20 mile run today at the Fort Worth Marathon. Tops my previous longest run by 4.5 miles. Brutal for an old fat guy like me.

Small lunch and a shower. I think Iā€™m going to take a nap!!

Naps are a wonderful thing! Congrats!