Stephens County Chit-Chat

Linda, doctors for years, maybe always, have had the option to refuse to take medicare patients. Some say it doesn't pay as much, others that it's too much paper work. I've found that the ones who do accept Med. patients are the nicest ones.

I'm sure it's because they can't charge as much to Medicare as they can to Insurance Companies and the more they charge Insurance Companies the more the Insurance companies have to charge for premiums and the doctors have to charge more they say to pay for the high cost of education and their malpractice insurance because people sue at the drop of a hat any more for just about anything. The problems we had to deliver our babies would have landed the doctor in court if it were today but we just considered it the risk you take when you have babies and without insurance we payed both babies out at so much a month until they were all paid off and were ours to keep! lol I believe you are right though about the nicest doctors are the ones that will take Medicare. Maybe it's the ones that really want to help people and are not in the business strickly for the money. Not enough of those left I'm afraid! Guess many of those left to join "Doctors Without Boarders" God Bless Them.

Linda,

We can take care of our so called 'Friends' in these foreign countries but we can't take care of our own. As Michael H. says, "That makes my blood boil."

Clint

Linda Rigtracker said:

I'm sure it's because they can't charge as much to Medicare as they can to Insurance Companies and the more they charge Insurance Companies the more the Insurance companies have to charge for premiums and the doctors have to charge more they say to pay for the high cost of education and their malpractice insurance because people sue at the drop of a hat any more for just about anything. The problems we had to deliver our babies would have landed the doctor in court if it were today but we just considered it the risk you take when you have babies and without insurance we payed both babies out at so much a month until they were all paid off and were ours to keep! lol I believe you are right though about the nicest doctors are the ones that will take Medicare. Maybe it's the ones that really want to help people and are not in the business strickly for the money. Not enough of those left I'm afraid! Guess many of those left to join "Doctors Without Boarders" God Bless Them.

Clint...that would bother me too if we were paying "Doctors Without Boarders" to go to the foreign countries but the way I understand it they volunteer to go and pay their own way. Don't know if that's right or not but it's what I heard. That's the kind of Doctors I wish we had around here, don't you?

Linda,

I wasn't referring to 'Doctors Without Borders". My peeve is we can send our hard earned monies to these foreign nations to take care of their residents but we can't find monies to take care of problems like you are having. It all goes back to the sorry bunch in Congress that are supposed to be taking care of their constituents. All they are interested in is getting reelected and getting the best healthcare and anything else they can steal for themselves that 'we the people' pay for. Biggest bunch of thieves I know of are our Congress men/women.

Clint Liles

Linda Rigtracker said:

Clint...that would bother me too if we were paying "Doctors Without Boarders" to go to the foreign countries but the way I understand it they volunteer to go and pay their own way. Don't know if that's right or not but it's what I heard. That's the kind of Doctors I wish we had around here, don't you?

Understand where you are coming from. I have some of the same concerns (about foreign aid to those that hate our guts) but just never knew who was at the bottom of it. Seems like everyone is "passing the buck" pun intended!

Here is an editorial concerning the setting of Medicare rates. It links to the original reporting which is much longer. Parts of it are eye opening.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/do-doctors-have-too-much-sway-over-medicare-payouts/2013/07/24/459b38be-f305-11e2-8505-bf6f231e77b4_story.html?hpid=z3

Lynden...I not really grasping what that article is saying but I do know that when I talked to my sister in law who used to work for the EMT and told her of my surprise that some doctors wouldn't take Medicare she said she wasn't suprised at all because when she did the billing for the EMT's many times they have a very hard time getting Medicare to pay them. It's aggravating to me that we pay into Medicare through Social Security all of our working years and when it comes time to get the services they are not available because Medicare won't pay the doctors or won't pay them what they charge.

Our eye doctor here in town has very reasonable bills like only $65.00 for the exam my husband had for glaucoma and when we got the statement as to how much the Medicare would allow it was only $45. That's crazy! It just makes the doctors charge huge amount to start with because they know Medicare is going to disallow part of it and so starts the gouging process.

Appreciate the Anniversary wishes, Lloyd and Lea!!! Thought I'd better post on Chit-Chat less I get chastised. lol Don't know how we could have been married 46 years when I'm only 41 years old!! lol Told ya'll my math skills were the only thing that was worse than my spelling!

Talking on the news like there will be places to fill up our gas tanks for under $3.00. Shell station in OKC on 44th and Rockwell reported to be $2.99 this morning. yea!!! Hope that doesn't mean the price of oil is dropping a lot before we even get our new wells online, Boo!. That ole "two edged sword" again, huh?

Also talking about the danger of the government shutting down again. Get tired of hearing about that every 6 months or so! Hearing of floods in Houston yesterday. Hutch...is your head still above water? Wish you could send some of it our way as we are in a drought again. Ponds are starting to go dry. Denver and Boulder are expecting some more rain they certainly don't need. Seige in Kenya ongoing. A student in some school close to Tulsa was caught planning to lock all the students in the auditorium and start shooting them because he thought they were talking about him behind his back. That's so scarey!

Now, a student has been forced to change his Duck Dynasty Shirt! What's the world coming too????

Have heard some really good news about Lloyd and Lea's little grandson! Praise the Lord his blood platlet count is back up to a safe level after his bout with cancerl!!! Things like this bring us down to reality about what's REALLY important!!!! Heard he celebrated his birthday with a real baseball game played by many of his friends and their parents. His parents rented the baseball field and lights for the game. Heard they had baseball day junk food including but not limited to shell peanuts, double bubble gum and seeds. One friend had made him baseball trading cards which he signed and handed out at the end of the game. What a neat day that must have been!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY!!!

Thanks Linda. Hope you and Preston had a really Special Day! I know what you mean .. .. these years keep tryin' to catch up with us :/ Lloyd has always told the kids and grands that he is 29 and I am 27. Jenna was using a dictionary (yes, a book!) and the inscription inside said "To Lloyd From Mom. 8th Grade Graduation 1961" She came into his office with the book open and said "PaPa .. LOOK! I KNEW you couldn't be 29!!! I did the math and you are OLD!!!" ah-hhh from the mouths of babes. lol :)

Can hardly turn on the news without my blood pressure rising. How/WHY do some of these idiots get reelected again and again!! We are definitely under attack from within :(! I'm puttin' away the soap box before I start my Monday morning off on the wrong track but the Good Book does say to pray for our Leaders so I am.. praying that I have sense enuf to duck when God swings that bat!

Thanks for the shout out for Randy. He is a real 8 year old Super Star! It was such a joy to watch him just be full out KID and have the time of his life. When the game was over he asked his Mom 'Who Won'? Took all she had not to cry as she said "You did Buddy!" and indeed .. He did. Praise God for his mercy and grace :)

Ya'll have a great God Blessed day now!!!!

Linda Rigtracker said:

Appreciate the Anniversary wishes, Lloyd and Lea!!! Thought I'd better post on Chit-Chat less I get chastised. lol Don't know how we could have been married 46 years when I'm only 41 years old!! lol Told ya'll my math skills were the only thing that was worse than my spelling!

Talking on the news like there will be places to fill up our gas tanks for under $3.00. Shell station in OKC on 44th and Rockwell reported to be $2.99 this morning. yea!!! Hope that doesn't mean the price of oil is dropping a lot before we even get our new wells online, Boo!. That ole "two edged sword" again, huh?

Also talking about the danger of the government shutting down again. Get tired of hearing about that every 6 months or so! Hearing of floods in Houston yesterday. Hutch...is your head still above water? Wish you could send some of it our way as we are in a drought again. Ponds are starting to go dry. Denver and Boulder are expecting some more rain they certainly don't need. Seige in Kenya ongoing. A student in some school close to Tulsa was caught planning to lock all the students in the auditorium and start shooting them because he thought they were talking about him behind his back. That's so scarey!

Now, a student has been forced to change his Duck Dynasty Shirt! What's the world coming too????

Have heard some really good news about Lloyd and Lea's little grandson! Praise the Lord his blood platlet count is back up to a safe level after his bout with cancerl!!! Things like this bring us down to reality about what's REALLY important!!!! Heard he celebrated his birthday with a real baseball game played by many of his friends and their parents. His parents rented the baseball field and lights for the game. Heard they had baseball day junk food including but not limited to shell peanuts, double bubble gum and seeds. One friend had made him baseball trading cards which he signed and handed out at the end of the game. What a neat day that must have been!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY!!!

Linda, it was so dry here the ground sucked it right up. Our daughter had her Sweet Sixteen party yesterday and teenagers were running wild in the backyard 'til the wee hours. Some of the girls are still here. (No school today)

Those girls are lots of fun! Love em!!! HAPPY SWEET SIXTEENTH to yours!!! That's a great time of life for most of us! I'd like to have it to live over again from sixteen! Wouldn't change much! Would have probably dated the same guys, married the same man and stayed away from chocolate cake! lol

Lloyd and Lea...Your daughter wasn't the only one fighting away tears. I couldn't keep them back when I read the note from you about little Randy's blood platets getting on up there! Tears of joy were raining down. With the emotions we felt around here I just know yours couldn't be contained around your place! ~~~~HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN~~~~!!!

For sure!! Just to have him back to his ornery little active self is amazing!! Celebrating his 8th birthday yesterday was a surreal moment considering how far he has come since January. Just another reminder how precious and fragile life can be. Treasure each and every day :)

You got that right!!!

Here's something to think about!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lady+speed+talking+about+knowing+Jesus&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=DACE7153B116C3AA9ACADACE7153B116C3AA9ACA

Hey Kenneth, how do you do that??? Watching the game and want those Sooners to get after it. I can't have my Texas cousin calling to rub it in like I got to do him the last few years although I WOULD like to visit with him. Much better when I get to do the calling!!! lol Won't get to see the end as I have to go to Church to help with a baby shower. Better have my popcorn and diet coke now, I guess.

Some really good well pictures and info. have been posted on the Grady Co. forum today! They are all a part of our SCOOP family and we wish them well!!!

Linda, if your cousin hasn't called yet let me be the first to rub it in!