Stephens County Chit-Chat

Prayers coming from Texas! Just about to leave to church.

More coming from Texas…

Thanks M...!!!

GREAT!

Well, since all I wanted to do was to brag (again) on our grandson tonight I thought I'd write it here. After four days of playing in the Nationals in golf (Jr. College) his team came in a close second and he placed 5th individual which as a top 5 player he is named as a first team All American! So excited for him! He shot 3 under the first day, even par the second, 2 under the third and one under today for a total of -6 for the four days. Wish we could have been there but had to cancel our trip because of this darn bad back. Maybe this will help him get a division I scholarship in the future. Our son has already had some of the men's coaches calling him about the grandson. Yahoo!!

Also thought we were going to get to meet up with M. Barnes for lunch as she was in OKC but the heavy rains spoiled those plans too. Hopefully we can get together soon for a meet, greet and eat. I'm best at the eating part as those who have been in on my prior meet and greets have seen! lol We've met some of the nicest people in the world from the forum not to mention the smartest! M. have a safe trip home and keep in touch!

One of my husband's best friends passed away yesterday from cancer. Praise the Lord he was Christian for which we were so glad! Hubby went to visit him in the hospital Sat. and had a good visit with him and his family. He started to put it off for a few days and is so glad he did go on up to Tulsa to see him. He passed peacefully with his family all around. Just would like prayers for the family because we know he's living the good life now but he will be greatly missed!!! Just another thought if you have friends or relatives that have been on your mind because of illnesses or hard feeling don't delay to visit or forgive because you may not have another day or even minute. The bible does say "if we can't forgive others then God can't forgive us" End of sermon! Love all you guys and gals whether I've met you are not and am thankful for all your help on the forum and during my recovery from surgery and all the new friendships we've made. Have a blessed day!!!!

Finally, my wife and I and our daughter and my mom are going to be on our way to OK on July 1st :). We're looking to stay about a week. I don't know if i'll have time for a visit with anyone but gonna try if any of yall aren't too busy. Between visiting family and taking our daughter to Indian City one day and the Wildlife Refuge in Lawton another I'm not sure of a definite itinerary. Rick looks like 16 2n 5w is getting a well :). Getting ever close to us in 18 and 19. Good luck.

I should be available, just give me a yell when you get things lined out.

The applications in 16 and 21 2N-5W went to "recommended" status Monday. I'd expect order to be released in the next couple of weeks.

Will do Rick.

Joseph...we took the grandkids to the Indian Cultural Center in Suphur, Ok. (about an hour from us here in Lindsay). I couldn't do the walking but hubby and all the kids thoroughly enjoyed it! If you go there be sure to get there at 10:00 am when they open so you can get in on the Indian Dance. There are many interactive things for kids and adults they said. Our six year old grand daughter said "Mema, are they real Indians over there?" "Well, yes, honey they are real Indians but you know we are part Indian too." She said "am I part Indian?" "Yes" I said. Then she said "OH, so then I'm part Indian and part REAL people" lol So funny!

Guess we'll be involved in both our class reunions these next two weekends plus hubby's golf tournament so guess we won't be able to get together with you guys this trip but maybe another time. Have a great trip!

There are several rigs up in the Stephen's Co. 2n4w and Garvin Co. 3n4w area south of Lindsay if you want to make that tour too. Haven't been any further south than Highway 29 lately.

LOL That is funny Linda. Thanks for the info on Sulphur. Maybe next trip. Thanks again.

Sure has been quiet around here lately...hear the crickets???

Surgery went great yesterday!!! No pain now...slept in a bed last night for the first time in two and a half years...worth the money (that minimal evasive laser spine surgery). Just have to take it VERY easy for 6 weeks...no BLT (bending, lifting or twisting). Can't lift over 5 lbs.!!! Can only do short slow walks and then cold pak the one inch incision each time when finished. I'm so happy with everything I was crying happy tears this morning! Preston said I should have seen how elated the doctor was when he came out and told him how well it went and how challenging it was to get through all the scare tissue of the last surgery, etc. Preston said he hugged the doctor when he told him and my sister in law the news. Thanks for everyone's well wishes and especially the prayers! Love you all!!!

ps....home now!!!

Fantastic, wonderful, great news! Sounds like this time you got a surgeon who knew his business. And of course you've got to take it easy; who wants to bend, lift or twist anyway? Enjoy those short walks, they'll get easier and longer soon. Love, Kathy

Linda- I’m so happy for you. I had a good feeling! Take it easy… Dont do too much too soon!

I'm so thankful for all the friends I've made here on the forum! Really some good folks here!

So glad it went well!! Do exactly what the doctor says for rehab and you can be running with Rick by next year. Take care.

Oh my gosh...I didn't realize how many times you need to bend, lift or twist until I shouldn't!!! I can't even pour myself a glass of tea from the jug. Even having to learn to wipe my butt without twisting is a challenge...I need longer arms. lol This taking it easy isn't so easy! Last time I was in rehab for two weeks and you know they had us push ourselves down the hall both ways to meals or to the exercise room and that in itself is more than they want me to do now and on top of that I fell backwards after I got home from rehab last time so I'm being oh so careful this time. That was the easiest surgery anyone has ever gone though I believe. Martha...don't think I'll ever be a runner but just being able to walk well and maybe play a little golf again will be a blessing. Heck, just being able to sleep in a bed for a change is really a blessing!

Now, I'd like to ask for prayer for a miracle for my cousin's husband who has really bad Melanoma Cancer that has come back and is down at MD Anderson in Houston. He's in really bad shape and so miserable. Believe they are flying back today to await answers about whether he will get in an experimental trial but praying that if it's not God's will for him that they just tell him he didn't get in because it has some terrible side effects that he doesn't want to go through unless it is God's way he receives a miracle. One of the side effects will be that he can NEVER again go outside in the daytime for the rest of his life. That's on top of taking medications that are nearly toxic and will make him feel like he can't stand the process. They would have to be down there for 4 months to take a treatment once a week so they would have to find an apartment or someplace they could stay during all of this. He has a Well Service business to run but his sons, sister in law and some of the rest of his family including my husband will help with if needed but they truly need a miracle. All prayer appreciated. He's really a nice and generous guy always there when someone else needed him. I so hate this whole thing for them! Prayers work! Thanks for listening.

There is a network of churches here in Houston that have apartments, so if he gets into the trial, we may have some contacts for him. Not sure exactly how it works, but I can find out.

Oh Martha...I'm sure that would be a great help and a load off of their minds! I just called and talked to my cousin and she said that really sounded good and they would appreciate it. They were supposed to fly out earlier today but had to cancel the flight because they had to see some more doctors and now they are waiting at the motel until time for their flight. There was something about changing of computer systems at the hospital that may be delaying deciding who is in the trial. I may be wrong about that because I couldn't hear her earlier today when she called as she was breaking up some. Anyway, thank you so much for your offer of help and they may take you up on it. I'll let you know. Hugs and Blessings, Linda