Spacing unit number 16073

Nistler 21-25H permit 20969, 25-141-105W is a spacing unit number 16073. Yet when I go and check the end of Sept’s dockets the dockets numbers are in the mid 15300. What does this 16073 mean? And where do I find more info on it? With Maus 23 just above us I think we are going to be in one of those spacing units. I am 141-104 section 26 & 27.

I wish I had the answer. If you find out, please let me know. I have interest in 140*104

Joel:

My advice is to call the NDIC at (701) 328-8020 and make ask these questions. I really don't know about this #16073 but I did notice that this well (Nistler 21-25H) is a wildcat well. I made a call just today to the NDIC and the lady was very helpful and answered my questions quickly. She can also advise you on whether or not you are in the spacing unit. I have found over the past year, that making that phone call saves alot of time and the information is always correct. Good luck.

Please enlighten me on your findings?

I know that some operators have been pushing for these larger spacing units but it is my opinion that a 1280 spacing is large enough. Approval for these larger areas is an easy way for an operator to gain a hold on areas which are expiring thus preventing the mineral owners the opportunity to negotiate new leases at today’s rates.

Joel:

Looking back over the State Auction site, it appears the closest sale in your area was back in February 2010 and it was leased at $250/acre in T141;R103;Section 16. Since that time, I'm sure wells have been drilled in the area making the bonus amount much greater depending on the production figures from those wells. I'm not familiar with this area, which appears to be the Golden Valley area but maybe someone who knows the county better will be able to add to this.

Joel said:

addendum:

e.g. one spacing order for 8-1280 acres spacing units (just to be more clear)

Joel said:

charles:

I am still going to phone NDIC, because there may be a difference in term "spacing units" and "proper spacing orders". I am currently unleased and waiting for "the call" from Whiting/Empire

I have my terms all ready, does any one know what a good bonus would be for 89.13 net mineral acres? Anyone in the area got any offers?

Thanks everyone, trust me I appreciate the education.

Joel

charles s mallory said:

I know that some operators have been pushing for these larger spacing units but it is my opinion that a 1280 spacing is large enough. Approval for these larger areas is an easy way for an operator to gain a hold on areas which are expiring thus preventing the mineral owners the opportunity to negotiate new leases at today's rates.

Joel,

I watch activity in that area pretty closely. I posted an answer over on the Google Bakken Group after Elwood's reply. If you haven't seen it yet go take a look. See if it answers your questions. If not, post on one site or the other and I'll see if I can't expand on it. I'll check back later.

Has anyone heard anything about the Nistler well? I see it is off the active drilling rigs page on NDIC. I am kinda close so very interested as to if anyone has heard any news.

Gerald:

The information release date on the Nistler well is 3/10/12. It is still in "confidential" status.

Thanks Charles. Was aware of the confidential status was just wondering if anyone had inside info.

Much thanks again. I'm being impatient.

Gerald:

Unfortunately, all involved in these "confidential" wells are pretty tight lipped. Maybe it will be a great well as it will make your holdings that much more valuable.

Gerald said:

Thanks Charles. Was aware of the confidential status was just wondering if anyone had inside info.

Much thanks again. I'm being impatient.

I am getting some Montana coffee shop talk from back there. Sounds good. Hope you are right and it is a great well.

Gerald:

Please advise me on anything you hear about the Eastern Montana area, especially the Roosevelt/Sheridan County activities as I have about 250 net minerals acres in those areas all of which will be expiring next year. I think eventually, the drilling will pick up in these areas over the next two years.

Gerald said:

I am getting some Montana coffee shop talk from back there. Sounds good. Hope you are right and it is a great well.

I am originally from Sheridan county. Left there in 1994

My minerals in Sheridan is located near the ND border and near the Roosevelt County line. Marathon has the area temp. spaced and they actually contacted me regarding this temp. spacing application. They informed me that they would be developing this area in 2012 but I never get excited until a rig is on location and drilling is underway. My other minerals are located next to the Sheridan minerals just across the county line in Roosevelt. I still think in time, this will be a “hot” area for drilling.
Gerald said

I am originally from Sheridan county. Left there in 1994

I totally agree with you. Whiting and a couple other companies are applying for a lot of spacings in Sheridan County right now. I see it in the local newspaper. I also see one rig currently drilling in the Bakken is moving to Montana. Not sure what area for sure but they are moving to montana. Hopefully though, they don’t move to montana until they drill on my area in ND. Sorry.

I also have some minerals in Williams County near the Montana border. Marathon has applied for a permit on one of my areas and appears that drilling activity is migrating into the area. I will eventually make the long trip that direction whenever things begin to get started. From what I’ve read, finding a motel is rather hard at the present time. May stay in Culbertson, MT when I make the trip. Also, it will be in the late spring or summer as I couldn’t handle those winter conditions.

Gerald said:

I totally agree with you. Whiting and a couple other companies are applying for a lot of spacings in Sheridan County right now. I see it in the local newspaper. I also see one rig currently drilling in the Bakken is moving to Montana. Not sure what area for sure but they are moving to montana. Hopefully though, they don't move to montana until they drill on my area in ND. Sorry.

Man me too. I am planning on a road trip back to MT next summer. Even if things aren't going, drilling, still need to get back there to see what is going on. Where is your trip from?

Another question you may have the answer to. If, in the same section, two different leasing agents have leased for two different oil companies, what happens when they start drilling? If two different oil companies hold leases in the same acreage that may be spaced together, what happens?

I live in the East Texas area so I’ve got quite a trip to make. I believe the answer to your question is whichever operator hold the majority of the acreage will most likely drill and others will become a % factor in that well. There is alot of swapping going on I understand so I don’t worry about those matters as long as they get a good well. Maybe we will both get lucky in 2012.

Gerald said:

Man me too. I am planning on a road trip back to MT next summer. Even if things aren't going, drilling, still need to get back there to see what is going on. Where is your trip from?

Another question you may have the answer to. If, in the same section, two different leasing agents have leased for two different oil companies, what happens when they start drilling? If two different oil companies hold leases in the same acreage that may be spaced together, what happens?

I must say, I got a bit longer trip than you. Coming from Hawaii to ND and MT. I am just finalizing a lease in ND for Clear Creek which is Chesapeake. Noticed that if spaced at 1280 like normal, it will involve two or possibly three different oil companies so was concerned. Good luck to both of us next year.