Spacing unit number 16073

I won’t argue with your trip as it makes me feel like I am close compared to you. Never been to Hawaii but plan to make that trip one of these days. Good luck to you also and keep me informed if you hear any good news in regards to the Bakken. I will keep your name in my file and post if I hear any news. Been nice chatting.

Gerald said:

I must say, I got a bit longer trip than you. Coming from Hawaii to ND and MT. I am just finalizing a lease in ND for Clear Creek which is Chesapeake. Noticed that if spaced at 1280 like normal, it will involve two or possibly three different oil companies so was concerned. Good luck to both of us next year.

will do. same with you.

They are just drilling Brookhart now. spudded 10/24/2011.

If confidential status was requested prior to this, I believe it would then run six months from the actual spud date. Or, if they applied for it after it was drilled it could then run six months from the application approval date (ie… longer than six months from the actual “spud” date). That is my understanding of it.

Joel:

In North Dakota, the six month confidential status will commence on the date the well is completed or the date the written request is recieved, whichever is earlier. If the written request is filed with the permit application or filed after the permitting but prior to spudding, the six month period will commence when the well is spudded.

there seem to be preparations for a horizontal immeadiately north of the nistler, but i am told that the nistler is in what is called a double spacing unit

Joel said:

Everyone:

Just talked to Lisa at NDIC:

here is what she said: th number #16073 is the spacing order, not the spacing unit. This particular order allows for 1280, the max is 2560. This particular tracts are north to south 1280's. Nistler being a H well will run either north to south. there are two reasons it is not defined yet, as they may want to mix up the sections to combine and connecting two N-S together, and that they have to specify which sections they want in a spacing unit after they come off confidential.

she also said like Maus 23, that she has never seen a vertical in a spacing unit.

H wells run 3 miles or 3 sections North to South.

Joel

Eastern MT said:

Joel,

I watch activity in that area pretty closely. I posted an answer over on the Google Bakken Group after Elwood's reply. If you haven't seen it yet go take a look. See if it answers your questions. If not, post on one site or the other and I'll see if I can't expand on it. I'll check back later.

Nistler is on 2 section spacing which I generally call 1280 acre spacing although 2 sections do not always add up to 1280 acres. Whiting put alot into the Nistler 30 frack stages and didn't skimp on sand.