Slope County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Susan, sometimes the simplest answer is to go to the horses mouth. Call the NDIC? They might be able to tell you where to pull up the information and I hope it doesn’t require the premium subscription.

I don’t know why you want to know how to dredge up this particular information, curiosity and wanting to know is as good an answer as any, but now I’m mildy curious if you have a potential use for the information?

Looking to see what others have agreed to… Proposal for Township 133 N, Range 102 W Section 24: NW >>> from Empire Oil company. Offer $100 PNMA and 15% royality. Has anyone faired better with this company or any others? Thank-you!

For those with mineral acres around the NE area of Slope county, Marathon posted a permit to drill on 1 of the 4 wildcat horizontal wells from the dockets earlier this year. I hope they drill shortly.

NDIC File No: 26223 API No: 33-087-00359-00-00
Well Type: ON CONFIDENTIAL STATUS
Location: NWNW 29-136-99 Footages: 300 FNL 1000 FWL Latitude: 46.568575 Longitude: -103.151915
Current Operator: MARATHON OIL COMPANY
Current Well Name: RUNDLE TRUST 11-29TH
Field: WILDCAT

Marathon rig H&P 386 has started drilling on 8/19/2013 in Dunn County at SESW section 20, 145N 96W. The file is 25761…This rig is showing the next site as RUNDLE TRUST…So things are looking up…Average drill time is around 22 days with an average of 94 days to production…I just do not know how long it will take to get a frac unit to that location when the time comes…

Snues, Another in Slope in the daily report yesterday, hope they hit something!

I wonder if at the completion of drilling does the company know roughly how much oil the well would make, and also could they go into a pad drilling operation with maybe two more directional legs ? I imagine if they did they would have to know that they have a real good well on the first leg? I do not know much about the above though ???

TNKim, that is exciting news for Slope county. I’m happy to see the 2nd permit already in play, so it now looks like they will drill all 4 consecutively, rather than waiting to see if they strike pay dirt on the first one, before continuing. I still think Chesapeake gave up too soon, but I guess a handful of goose eggs would make anyone gun shy.

Mike, it’s great you noticed the Dunn County rig that’s moving next to Rundle. I had looked at the Dunn list when Rundle was first permitted, to see which rig was closest to move, but none had it posted. They will have quite a trek moving equipment from 145/96/20.

I didn’t know the average production time was 94 days. Guess that makes sense for the wells I’ve followed. It always seems like forever till oil-runs get posted, after the rig has moved off. Of course it doesn’t help that NDIC is 2 months behind in posting production. I wonder if Marathon has their own frac crew or if they’re on a waiting list to be frac’d like smaller companies. Whiting and Continental have their own, and I’m guessing a few others do too. I think they’d get more consistant results if they have one specific crew doing their wells.

Along with the August state auction for Slope, I found Empire Oil/Whiting has leased up a good portion of mineral owners within the 134/135-T and 102-103-104-R areas. I didn’t find where Marathon had leased too much beyond the NE area of Slope around the 134/135/136-T and 98-99-100-R areas. I’m curious if Whiting has an offer in the works to Chesapeake, for the acreage they’d leased, such as the play Whiting just made in GoldenValley County from Petro Hunt.

We’re heading to Medora this week, it’d be tempting to take a spin down Hwy 85 and have a look, but I’m guessing the most I’d find would be a drilling pad for the Rundle.

Learning here does tight hole/confidential pertain to everyone including the mineral owner? Rundle trust and Powell are they the land owners or mineral owners?

TNKim…Go to Google search and inter ( North Dakota Rundle Trust and Powell ) click on search and go down to where you see something starting with slope county click on it and read down untill you see Rundle trust and click on it…Read about that then go back and do the same for Powell…Rundle is from Amidom, and Powell is from Bloomington MN…I do not know the answer to your other question but you might inter it in google search and get the answer there…I’ve got to go, and I will look later… Mike

TNKim, confidential does not bind you as the mineral owner as long as the operator s landman didn’t tell you something in confidence. If you found it out on your own, it’s fair game. You can sit outside the gate and count oil tank trucks and tell the world.

Mike, The Rundle Trust is now posted on the daily rig activity list. MIRU date was Sept 12, but it was just posted today.

I appreciate the info you gave, about those triangles. I didn’t know how that rect identify button worked. I also couldn’t find the legend/key as to why the different colors of triangles. I think it’s due to their length of time on permit status. I also noticed some green triangles that were not solid color, only outlined, I don’t know what those mean. There are a handful of those at 142/101 township/range area on the GIS map.

Some of you will have to read back alittle bit in the comments in order to see what I am commenting in the later comments in order to make any sence of what i’m talking about??? Sorry I’m trying to help…MZ

Some of our questions might be answered by going to https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/ when that finshes opening look on left side of page and click on ( FAQ & WEB HELP )…Also I’m still looking for some other info…Mz

Permit status before spud has been established for 29-136-99 and now I noticed that also includes 27-135-99 both locations are for Marathon…Go to GIS map server and zoom in untill the sections show up…Highlite pan and move map to just below Rocky Ridge oil field…Go to right side of page to the legend and put a check mark in the (Permit Status Before Spud) grey box…Blue triangles will show up at the loctions I mentioned above…Insure that you are in full page…On left side of page highlite (Rect Identify)…Put your cursor right over one of the triangles and left click…Look at bottom of page for the information…Do the same for the other one…If you do not see anything at the bottom of page you are not on full page…Okay, Later

Snues…Zoom on the GIS map untill you see the section numbers, then go to left side of map amd click on Legend/Layers look on right side of page at the legend and it will change to show what the symbols on the map stand for…This will not work unless you zoom in to see the section numbers first…

Snues and all…After you have zoomed in untill you first see the townships and section numbers make sure you expand to full page and then go back and highlite (Rect Identify) then go back to map and pick out what ever object on map that you are interested in and make sure that your mouse cursor is right over it and left click on it…Then look at the info at the bottom of the page…You can do this on dry holes, oil wells and etc…You will see the date that this was drilled and also their is a status block of which I will give info on next comment as to where to find this info…Please excuse my spilling although I recheck it I still could goof it…Mz

Mike, on the GIS map, if you click on the “imagery” and “NAIP 2009” it shows the satellite image, and the town of Amidon is about 1 mile east of the Amidon Oil Field border. I think back when they were naming oil field designations, they used whatever town was nearby, in a lot of places. Up north, where there are 100’s of oil field names, that didn’t occur so much, so they used some other names of that particular area.

I am wondering why Amidon is in a Oil field…It does not look like much of an oil field to me???

In order to find the codes for drilling, when the frist page opens for http://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas look in the left side of page and click on (Well Search) page opens look up in left corner and click on (Code Definitions) page opens and you will see well type definitions. Change to well status. the next page will show the the status codes…I copied and pasted these in my e-mail and then printed them out…Later, MZ

Okay, I see what you mean…It makes sense to me now in how and why they named the oil fields…