Signal Oil & Gas Company

I recently came across an Oil and Gas Lease of a relative from Signal Oil and Gas Company. It looks like it is for the Redondo Beach Uplands Area in California. How do I find out if it is valid and still in effect? Who controls the physical property lease?

I am new to this so any advice as to how to get information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Blake

Here is some additional information:

Looks like the surface rights are "in the county of County of Las Angeles, state of California, described as - South half of Lot 13 and North 10 feet of Lot 12, Ocean Beach Subdivision, as per map recorded in Book 2, Page 35 of Maps, records of said County.

Love any insight on how I can know more/where this is?

Thanks in advance - Blake

Moved to Los Angeles County so hopefully, someone in CA can help you track it down.

I need an estate appraisal for Signal Hill oil rights for my taxes. How do I find who appraises mineral rights that is acceptable to the its? Thanks Jon

If not one answers here, you may have to contact the California chapter of NARO and see if they can give you some reputable appraisers. You need a certified petroleum engineer or geologist to do it.