Seminole County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Received offer to purchase mineral rights 7N 7E (20 acres) from Wake Energy in Edmond. Anyone know this company ?

Comment by ed carson 5 minutes agoDelete Comment

Hello All, i own numerous acres of mineral rights in different sections in Carter County,Pottowatomie County,Kiowa County,Seminole County and Eddy County,New Mexico. I believe surface acreage also. But not sure of exact acreage (Mineral or Surface). i inherited this from my father (Edward L. Carson) who got it from his mother (Opal D. Rexroat Carson), who got it from her father(U.T. Rexroat). I'm curious if I have any relatives in Oklahoma or wherever who may have a more exacting accounting of what I may own. i receive royaties on the producing leases. Im currently considering selling it but not if i dont know what i own. if anybody can help please let me know. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

I received a request for a "Mineral permit" to conduct geophysical survey (3D type operations) for 2 years on parcels in Pottawatomie and Seminole Counties where we hold mineral interests (no surface interest). Document says " Contractor agrees to indeminify and hold you harmless from all liability and claims". And it also is "subject to any existing valid oil and gas lease".
I can't think of any reason not to agree. Any thoughts????

2 years seems like a long time to grant permission. Have you checked with the surface owner?

Hello. I need the names of a few good oil and gas attorneys in Seminole County, please. Thanks in advance!

John Anderson "Andy" Davis, we got a similar request for seismic permit. I've never received one this broad or for this long a term. Read the small print carefully. The permit request we got would also cover townships 5N-13N and ranges 3E-9E, far more than the actual sections listed on the form. I'm inclined not to respond. If they really need our cooperation, I assume they'll ask again.

Christine, that is a gigantic area (townships 5N-13N and ranges 3E-9E)! Am I reading the maps correctly - it appears that would extend outside of Seminole county? Can you name the organization who has made that request? We are mineral rights owners in T5N R5E and I have not received such a request.

I received the same notification for both Pott and Seminole. Signed it and sent it in. Hopefully they see something worth spending that kind of bucks when they look.

Barbara, sorry, I don't have the name with me. I'll post it soon. Looking through the previous owner's records, I found NUMEROUS of these requests. Some of them cover 3 or more counties. A red flag to me is that she owned in adjoining sections and yet they only wanted permission to test in the section that is in the middle...surrounded by the others she held. Hopefully, someone on this board can advise us about this one. It may be totally legit, but it sure sounds fishy.

Pooling Order for Sec 15-7N-6E signed 09-08-14. Options are $250/ac and 1/8, $225/ac and 3/16, or $200/ac and 1/5. We'd been negotiating a 3yr lease for $200 and 1/5 with the operator, Archibald Oil & Gas, but they're not returning our calls now. Oh well.

Christine, that is good news - correct? Looks like you have an option under pooling for the $200+ 1/5, which is what you were negotiating for with Archibald?

I live in Texas & need a copy of a mineral deed from Seminole County. Can anyone recommend someone who can do this for me? I do not have the book & page.

Thanks, Janet

I have mineral rights in Seminole county that had been passed down after my death of my mother in the 1980’s I had a 3 year lease on them back in 2007 I lost the original deeds how do I get a copy of them? I don’t live in Oklahoma any more is there someone that can get them for you for a fee? Also if I post the legal can someone tell me if there is any activity in that area? All new to this any help any comments would be very appreciated thank you

Hi Rodney: Have you tried searching using this site:

Are you looking for a copy of the lease from 2007? If you find that document online, and get the reference information, you can contact the county clerk for a copy. I recently had to ask for a document from 1996 (too old to be on line) and had it within a week.

Thank you for your help I got a copy of the leases but I’m needing to get a copy of the original deeds don’t remember what % of minerals I had

Hi Rodney, good luck with that! If you have any information at all, I'd suggest calling the county clerk's office and see what they suggest. If you have a date, they might be able to help you find it.

I was afraid of that it was in my grandfathers name then got passed to my mother then to me and my sister after my mother passed then right before my sister passed away we did a quick claim deed of her part to me I do have that but that’s it I wonder if anything on those leases could be of help

My name is Troy Curtis, a landman, with Concho Land Company in Freedom, OK as well as Oklahoma City. I thought while times are slower, I would offer to help with any questions people may have in general and post my email, ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ for any and all questions. I also wanted to offer our services for individuals in need of mineral research or help with production related concerns in all Oklahoma Counties and the surrounding states.

White House 6-8H, All of Section 6-6N-8E.

Just got offer of $250 @ 1/8 or $200 @ 3/16 from Silver Creek Oil & Gas. Does anyone know what the going rate is???

I am an independent document imager in Oklahoma. If you would like for me to digitally image the courthouse documents of your section for you, please get into contact with me.

Trent Stout

405 314 5594