Sections 12 & 13 5N4W

Can someone tell me what’s happening with drilling permits in these sections? A drilling permit was filed on November 13, and now an another was filed today. Does that mean two wells are being drilled or is this somehow a duplicate of same well? I appreciate any information provided. Thanks!

P.S. The documents are posted on OCC website under Section 1 5N4W since that’s where the surface site is located. The well is named “Commando.”

Look at the numbers on the well name.
Commando 12-13-5-4 1WXH is a Woodford well. It spud on Nov 13, 2018.
Commando 12-13-5-4 2MXH is a Mississippian well.

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I thought it looked like two wells but haven’t seen that much in areas where I have minerals. Great news for our family!

Congratulations!. You should see royalties in about a year.

I just received a Notice of Hearing for Pooling for Section 13 5N4W citing CD 201902717. This is a difference CD # than cited for the recently completed wells (Commando 12-13-5-4 1WXH and Commando 12-13-5-4 2WXH). Is it significant that the Pooling is under a different CD from the wells. Is there a relationship between the proposed Pooling and these wells or is this preliminary work for possible additional wells? Just curious as to what’s going on…

Each type of Cause and each new application will have a different CD#: MUH Horizontal well; location exception; spacing; poolings for each section; etc. Additionally, you may see multiple poolings filed for the same Section. Usually the second pooling is a “clean-up” application to pick up owners that were missed in the first pooling.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

Usually they pool before they drill. In this case, they got out of order. They had an earlier pooling a while back, but it expired before the wells were drilled.

I have searched for a completion report online, but have not seen one. The permits and intents to drill were easily found, but not the completion reports. The drilling pad appears to be in good order, with lots of new production equipment, and as of a week ago there were still several people working on the site. But, I would still like to find completion reports, if they have been posted anywhere. Any chance you have a link to one or both?

Richard: Still too early for the completion report to be filed, if in fact the wells have been completed. In strict general terms, it takes 60 days or so to drill, clear the location of drilling equipment, bring in the fracking equipment, frac, set tank battery, flowback equipment, etc. So you are looking at 120 days, generally from spud to production. After first production, you won’t see the completion report for another 120-180 days. Be patient.

Respectfully,

Here is a picture of most of the equipment in place as of last Friday.

Do you have a picture of the wellhead?

This last is an April 13, 2019, satellite image of the well pad.

From the looks of the picture of the wellhead, I would have to say they haven’t fracked the wells yet. I say that because it appears as though they are running pressure tests on both wellheads. I may be wrong, but don’t think these are producing yet.

The Woodford commando well has posted gas volumes for March and April at occ gross production. How did you get that satellite view? I didn’t see it at google earth.

When you install Google Earth, if you pick “on Web” you get current imagery. That image is from the “on Web” version.

I did a search using the OCC well search tool, and it did not show any production report for either Commando well. Do you have a link to the data you refer to? If so, please share.