Rusk County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Rusk County, TX oil & gas discussion group. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

What are leasing rate averages for Rusk County Texas.

samo-

where in rusk cty?

my best offer was 250/ac

samo

can you tell name of oil & gas co

i have plans to sign lease next week

thanks

samo= do you know name of survey property is located

thanks

$150 bonus / 1/8 royalty / 3 + 2 year term

Property is located about 7 miles west of Henderson on FM 13 (Price area) in the M.V. Pena Survey A-27. The place had old oil wells (on the edge of the East Texas oilfield) and old gas wells and is currently unleased. I own 48 mineral acres out of a 397 acre tract (there multiple family heirs [I am not one of them and do not know them]). There is horizontal driling and permitting about 2 miles to the east of the property by Forest Oil Company. Landman backed off the 1/8 royalty and discussed 3/16. I have not discussed the bonus amount or lease term with the landman.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this (particularly on the bonus amount)?

TO JIM HEROD: STAY VERY AGGRESSIVE THIS AREA WILL BE VERY ACTIVE IN THE NEXT 12 MO. ASK 750/AC 20% AND NO MORE THAN 3YRS

I AM LOOKING FOR COMPLETIONS REPORTS FOR SEPT 2012

ANADARKO WELL J.MCWILLIAMS GAS UNIT 10H. ANY INFO WILL

BE APPRECIATED

THANKS

welcome d. ganopole

where is your mineral property in rusk cty?

I am looking for information on net per acre bonus going rate in Rusk Co., property is Maria J Pru Survey, A-29

150.00 per acre + 1/5th royalty for 3 years +option for 2 years at 150.00

The landman who put this together has leased with me before, he seems to think they will do horizontal gas well . Any information on bonus norm for this area is greatly appreciated!

I own small percentage of Shiloh Petitt Unit, leased since 1965. I receive a very small royalty and would like to explore the option of negotiating a 1965 lease agreement by deceased parent. Any suggestions? I'm new at this.

If the lease is held by production, it will be difficult to renegotiate a 1965 lease unless you have some other leverage.

I have 100+ mineral acre rights in Rusk County, James Latham Survey A-16. The 2 year extension is coming up in March--does anyone know if they are drilling in that area as I live in California so I can't check.

Cathy,

Your minerals are in a very good area of Rusk County. Quite a bit of activity going on to the north of your A-16 in the past 2 years. Several fantastic horizontal gas wells have been drilled. The last activity I see was in May 2014)API # 401-35285) was drilled. Also well # 35253, 35254, 35248,35287 have been drilled into the Cotton Valley formation and are good gas producers. Completion report on 1 of the gas wells:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplG1FormPdf&packetSummaryId=98118

This GIS Map will show you your Rusk County A-16 and some of the surrounding area. The red circles are gas wells. The green circles are oil wells.

This next GIS map will show you the activity to the north of your A-16:

Clint Liles

I am hoping someone can give me some feedback as I live in CA but own mineral rights in Rusk county Tx-James Latham Survey. The oil company was ready to move forward and obtain the drilling permit for natural gas and the land owners have sued indicating they don't want the oil drilling equipment in view of their home. The oil company has told me they have moved the site 3 times to try and please the land owner now only to be sued. Has anyone heard of this before and if so, what was the outcome? Cathy

Cathy,

It is my understanding that in the state of Texas the landowner can sue all they want to but they cannot stop the oil company from drilling the well in question because they don't want it on their property. The property owner is interfering with the Commerce of the State of Texas and that won't fly.

Clint Liles

I am hoping someone can help me how to determine a price per acre on 1/4 interest NEMI for nearly 17 acres. It is Rusk County in the John Piburn Survey A-28. Thank you,

Mark

Mark,

Are you asking for a bonus amount price per acre for a possible lease?

Clint Liles

Hi Clint. No sir, simply an outright purchase of the mineral rights.

Mark

Mark,

Friends request being sent.

Clint Liles