Rusk County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Just a question to help me clarify. I live in Ohio and have mineral acreage in Rusk county. It been brought to my attention that although I paid state taxes on my royalties, I haven't paid county taxes. In Ok this doesn't happen so do out of state residents pay county taxes n their royalties. Just a question I am willing to pay my fair taxes

Charles, I get a tax bill from the county annually from Rusk county.

Hello all -- I have inherited a mineral rights lease and 3/16 royalty on 130 acres out of the H.B. Dance Survey A-232 and the S. P Hollingsworth Survey A-374 in Rusk County. I live in Maine, and am retired so it is unlikely I can get to Texas to check out the local activity. Can anyone clue me in on how to check this out, or refer me to local resources that can inform me whether this lease has value?

Hello Stephen,

Your minerals are located in the far western edge of Rusk County close to the Smith County line. To the North of your minerals is the small town of Overton, Texas. This is an old oil and gas area from the past. A lot of these old plugged oil wells were probably drilled back in the 1920's. There are still a few wells that are producing minimum amounts of oil in this region. I tried pulling up some info on some of the older wells but wasn't successful. To the west and southwest of your minerals are some newer gas wells that have been drilled in Smith County. These wells have been drilled into the Cotton Valley Sand and the Haynesville Shale. There is always the possibility of more exploration and production at some date with your minerals. I am including a GIS Map of your area with wells showing and another map without wells showing....

Clint Liles

Hello all

I'm new so i apologize is i don't get the correct terminology while sending msgs etc. I've recently acquired producing partial leases from an agent who has gone out of business due to recent low gas lease payments.

Can someone help me to figure out who the producer is now and other data related to these leases in Hendersen Rusk?

Thanks and Best Regards

company holding name is Kondell Oil & Gas and Sabina Oil & Gas both registered in TX

Anderson #2R Braswell #1R Braswell #2R Braswell #4R Choice #1R Frost #1R Frost Watkins #1R Hudman #4R Hudman #5R Hudman #6R Rio #1R Talley Bottoms #1R Talley Bottoms #2R Talley Bottoms #3R

David,

My apologies to you for not getting back to you sooner but my wife is in the hospital and she comes first.....And Welcome to Mineral
Rights Forum.

First of all Henderson, Texas is in Rusk County Texas. Do you have the Section, Block or Abstract #'s that you can share with me? If you have just the Abstract #'s I can find the wells with that. Also do you have the API(American Petroleum Industry) number for the wells in question? A lot of old wells in Rusk county Texas and occasionally a new well is being drilled.

Clint Liles

David,

Map of Rusk County. Henderson, Texas is the County Seat of Rusk County. I live next door in Smith County Texas.

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

I can send you an email with the agent quarterly lease data

David,

That would be fine.

My email address is:

Clint Liles

Hello all. I live in CA but inherited mineral rights from my parents. The property has been sold off so no land rights. But the property is outside of Henderson in Rusk County. I had a 3 year lease with Sabine and a 2 year extension. I was fortunate in that they paid me the remaining bonus just before they filed for bankruptcy. Prior to filing bankrupty, they had pool my minerals with other minerals to get the 600 mineral acres, the gas they were going to drill for is on the property I sold but have the mineral rights to. They fenced off the section, concreted the pad and the all worked stopped. The next I knew they had filed for bankruptcy. The final lease expired March 9 of 2017. Does anyone know what is going on in the area? Cathy

I have some mineral interest in the Rusk County JH Sparks Survey, does anyone have information regarding the bonus and percentages being offered?

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf