Royalties stopped

Pleasants County- I haven’t received a royalties payment since before the pandemic. I received a letter about an upward adjustment that wasn’t due to be implemented until possibly January 2021, and that was it. it just stopped. has anyone else been dealt this hand?

1 Like

I am not sure who you receive your payments from but I have only received 2 checks this year from Trinity and I can’t get anyone to call or email me back with answers as to why they aren’t coming. I was basically thrown into all this in January when I inherited land in Pittsburgh Co Oklahoma. I don’t even have or know what a Division Order is.

1 Like

Brian,

I have heard of multiple royalty owners that the wells have been shut in so their payments have been suspended. I could contact the royalty owners help for the operator to ask for information. I would suggest doing it via email.

Hope this helps!

~Rachel

2 Likes

When this happens are county and state taxes still the same to the royalty holder?

1 Like

Ancel_Smith,

A simple answer to that would be it shouldn’t be, but the reality is that those figures are controlled by the operator. There is a lot of debate right now about how the ad valorem taxes are applied to royalty owners. It is definitely something that you should educate yourself on and watch closely.

Hope this helps!

~Rachel

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.