Royalties or lack there of

Can someone please help me to understand why Antero leases my family’s land in 2013, it has been drilled. I’m told that it is under Duckbill and McGill but we have yet to receive anything about royalties

Could be a number of things. Have you had title run at anytime?

No we haven’t. But there are quite a few of us that inherited this land. I know they have drilled. I spoke with someone from Antero in June and they said we would get a D.O . In 4 to 6 months. Which would have been between November and January.

I was told by Antero months ago that they had to go back a hundred years into Duckworths ancestry to determine right ownership. This should have been done before lenses were sent out “But” were not. You are not alone as I also signed leases, even received a D,O and when did not receive payment called Antero.

1 Like

Thanks for that information, Arnold. Good to know. They get in a hurry to drill when their equipment is in the area but sometimes they take shortcuts. Eventually things will get sorted out, and they do pay interest. At least that is my understanding.

1 Like

Thank you for this information, which is more than I’ve gotten from Antero. I fail to understand how they have the nerve to drill before they even check ancestry and such. Honestly I get a bit angry to think that a big company is making money off land that belongs to others yet can’t reach out and do their jobs to make sure the property owners are happy. Very poor way to do business.

Glenna, I have several deeds pertaining to my ownership all with Duckworth name on them,that family had lot’s of land, just look at the Duckbill permit and you can see how easy it might be to mis-calculate ownership. better to check again NOW than find how later that you may not be entitled to $$$. Glenna,Over the past several years I have had lot’s of dealings with Antero and they have always treated me fair.As Nancy indicated, Eventually things will get sorted out.

1 Like

Glenna After the landmen do a title search and sign you to a lease and THEN the well is drilled, the lawyers will do a second title opinion. In the past I have been kicked out of a couple drilled wells because of some problem, but I was also added into a well, so…….

Arnold Did you get a DO on the wells near Nova yet?

No jim, I’m don’t believe that I have any interest but give me some well number’s.

I’ve witnessed many times over leases get paid out and even drilled but title issues come thru after the fact

Wow who knew!!! Sure hope I’m not kicked out, lol. Although im beginning to wonder if we will see anything anyway. It’s hard to trust when it’s been 6 years without a word.

1 Like

Glenna, There are tools out there with info that eases the pain of not knowing whats going on after signing a lease as you will never hear from (in your case) Antero.( 1.WEEKLY REPORT( I CHECK EVERY MONDAY.

West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection) - 2.-downloads.wvgs.wvnet.edu - /BatchInfo/.Both of these will show you Well Numbers by County and a map showing Map and Partial No. that you can match up with info on your lease. It’s all a waiting game, in the meantime you can always call Antero hot line 3033576405 you may hear back OR??

2 Likes