Royalties in Marshall, W.Va

I would like to know if I should be getting royalty checks. I have 4.5 acres in Marshall W.Va. and I am leasing it . Please tell me how I find out. Thank you Bonnie. Jenkins

1 Like

Depending on when you signed the lease and where it is located it can take quite awhile to get to production and royalties. Who did you lease with and what are the parcel numbers on the lease? Then you can check the Marshall Co GIS map and the dep.wv.gov map to see if there are well API numbers that are active or permitted across your leased acres. Would be glad to check for you if you have the parcel numbers. I have leases in Marshall Co also and have learned how to track their progress. After a permit is approved it can easily take over a year before production is commenced and royalties would follow a few months later.

1 Like

MS Jenkins, I took the liberty of looking up your name on the Marshall Co Clerks website and found the parcel numbers that were listed in the leases filed by TH Exploration. I then checked them on the parcel map and then located them on the dep.wv.gov topo map and discovered 2 permitted wells that cross your mineral parcels. The API numbers are 4705102293 and 4705102291. Based on the reports they have not yet been drilled but are progressing towards that. I would estimate it will be quite a few months before production could begin and the resultant royalties. You can follow the progress of the wells on the dep.wv.gov site as inspection reports are filled. Hope that helps. If I see new reports I will post to this link.

1 Like

Dome, I want to thank you so much for your quick response. Iā€™m not. Too sure how this site works so I was lost. Thank you again , I have a five yr lease since 2018 so I needed to know something. Thanks again and God. Bless you.