Reeves County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Stony - Often surface damages are a one time fee but I always like to include an annual rental to go along with it if they plan on having continuing operations like a well. For pipeline damages it is harder to command a rental.

Thanks Travis, that is what I was afraid of, with well pads they own you land with out buying it.

Oil Roils to $100: 10 Reasons to Go Long
Christian DeHaemer Photo By Christian DeHaemer
Written May. 03, 2018

There is a stealth bull market going on. It’s a market pushed by Wall Street and Saudi Arabia, which wants to IPO the world's largest company, Saudi Aramco, at twice the size of Apple.

But there is more than that going on. Here are 10 reasons oil is back on the bull.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Number 4 on his list is about 66 refineries currently being built around the world. You can always depend on the economy going in the opposite direction DeHaemer says it will go. I'm pretty sure the oil and gas sector of the worldwide economy will continue to climb until the end of September or beginning of October....and we may see 5% growth of the US GDP during that time thanks to Trump's policies. But, I expect

a blowup in the Middle East about that time that will rock the world markets and affect the US dollar directly then. So, I recommend make hay while the sun shines with your surface and mineral holdings.....and put your money into TANGIBLES.

1 Like

Bloomberg: Permian/Delaware “will probably become the world’s largest oil patch”
With crude oil production expected to reach 3.18 million barrels a day in the Permian Basin this month, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, Bloomberg said the basin “will probably become the world’s largest oil patch over the next decade.”
(Read more...)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

IF limited nuclear war in the Middle East doesn't break out late this year and things

hold together for another 10 years....YES....this WILL BE the biggest producing field

in the world.

I am a first time poster on this forum, although I have read it for several years and greatly appreciate all of the information posted. I apologize in advance for the length of this post. My wife inherited mineral interests in Section 28 and 32 of Block 71 which are currently leased to Apache (the Ash and Palm Units). According to the RRC records and GIS Viewer, there are currently three wells permitted in the Palm Unit and two wells permitted in the Ash Unit. She recently executed a division order for a well in the Ash Unit but has not received one for the Palm Unit.

I have three questions specific to those leases, but would appreciate any applicable general information if no one can answer regarding the specifics. First, my wife received an initial, very small royalty payment for January and February on the Ash Unit. The royalty statement from Apache indicated that it was for gas produced. I was expecting a shut-in payment (possibly) due to the fact it does not appear the wells are connected to a pipeline yet. Is this typical? Does anyone know the production status of these wells or the timeline to get them connected to pipelines?

Secondly, at one time the GIS Viewer indicated Apache had a pipeline permitted into these sections which ran parallel to the Energy Transfer Company gas gathering line. The Apache pipeline no longer runs to these sections. Does anyone know what happened with that situation? Does anyone know a timeline for Apache to run a pipeline to these wells?

Finally, as the other wells are completed in these Units, is there a way to access the production data other than the RRC query system? How long does it typically take Apache to post completion information from a well?

Thank you for any information that you can provide.

1 Like

I have been contacted by an operator asking for a PSA Agreement on a 30 ac tract that is within an existing gas pool/lease from the 1950's, with producing wells, that I don't have much say in. The entire PSA acreage is 315ac with the 30ac the only acreage within the gas pool. I am aware of 'some' of the complications of PSA's and that it will all in up in court, but for now-What happens if I refuse to sign the Agreement? Section 80, Block 33, Loving Co. A 438; drilling pmt #833712. Thanks in advance for any input. LCH

Anyone leasing in SEC 39 BLK 42 PSL area in Reeves County Any wells

drilled in or around that area?

1 Like

A drilling permit by Rosetta was obtained on property leased by Colgate Energy and neither knows anything about the other. Section 265, Block 13.

Are the hands of the poker game ahead of the players or is the dealer behind?

Of course, would be best at the moment if the property were not drilled until next year when capacity to take away the production will exist.

Makes for interesting conversational speculation though.

Rosetta, COG and Double Eagle have all taken leases in Section 265. This information is readily available and they all know about the leases. COG and other lessees will participate as non-operating working interests with Rosetta in the wells, or they may assign their leases to Rosetta in a trade or for cash. Rosetta is a very active in that area.

Thank You TennisDaze.

Red 136-137.......

Halliburton frackers are in there one CR330 west of Hwy 17 working on a well.

ol'Lawrence in Verhalen

On CR330, not one

Sec 39 Block 72 PS and Sec 42 Block 72 PSL in Reeves County

We have offers to lease and want to know if anyone is familiar with

Bonus offers at this time

I would also like to know about Bonus offers please.

My lease is coming up for renewal.

Thanks!!!!

I received a contract from Centennial Resource & would like to know what is a good offer & any good or bad history with the company. I have a 2 acre lease in Reeves County lots 5-8 block 5,section271

https://www.oilandgasinvestor.com/apache-continues-alpine-high-infrastructure-buildout-new-ngl-project-1701316#p=1

New Apache mid-stream venture in South Reeves County.

Thanks, Wade. Apache is building at least two 30 inch gas gathering

pipeline networks from south of Interstate 10 to the Saragosa junction

parallel to Hwy 17 and the FM that runs thru Saragosa. They have a second

30 inch gas gathering network west of FM 2903 that will cross 2903 and head east along CR336/Barilla road and across Hwy 17 where Barilla Road

becomes CR112....and continues to Hwy 285 where it will split and part go to the new Energas plant on the east side of 285 where Pecos and Reeves counties meet....and the other goes to the WAHA complex at

Coyanosa. There's a pretty good chance they'll bring the line from the

Saragosa junction across Hwy 17 near my property and parallel the Primexx 16 inch gathering line to tie in east of Hwy 17 at CR112 Barilla road.

That gathering line paralleling CR112/Barilla Road on the east side of

Hwy 17 is probably going to swage up to a 48 inch line...or maybe even a 60 inch pipeline because of all the gas volume to be transported. They

may put in a couple of 30 inch lines to transport Natural Gas Liquids from

those wells just west of FM2903 down to the Toyah area.

ol'Lawrence in Verhalen

Apache building infrastructure with ARM partnership:

Apache Corp. has been doubly challenged as it develops its massive Alpine High discovery in Reeves County.

The first challenge is building out the infrastructure to support Alpine High. The company’s second challenge is moving its production to market through a severely constrained pipeline system.

To that end, Apache’s midstream subsidiary, Apache Midstream, is teaming up with ARM Energy Holding’s affiliate Salt Creek Midstream to develop the SCM Alpine system.

“The Salt Creek Midstream project is one of many infrastructure projects Apache has secured to move products from the Permian Basin. This specific project will move natural gas liquids from Alpine High to the Waha Hub where they will then be able to access Gulf Coast markets,” Brian Freed, Apache’s senior vice president, midstream and marketing, said in an email. “NGLs are anticipated to be a key production stream as the gas in the area is high BTU and liquids rich.”

He said Apache had anticipated the takeaway bottleneck “and proactively entered into gas basis hedges, long-term gas sales contracts and firm gas transportation commitments out of the Permian Basin on both existing and future pipelines. These measures provide flow assurance and protection of our price realizations and cash flow through mid-2019 when the Gulf Coast Express project, of which Apache is an Anchor shipper, is expected to come in-service.”

On the crude oil side, Apache has joined with Noble Energy in anchoring the EPIC Crude Oil Pipeline that will carry 590,000 barrels per day from the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford to Corpus Christi.

“We have dedicated Alpine High crude to that pipeline project,” Freed said. “But in addition, it gives us the ability to move our other in-basin crude oil production on the line – up to 75,000 barrels.”

As part of that partnership, Apache has the option to acquire up to 15 percent equity in the EPIC Crude Oil Pipeline and Noble the option to acquire up to 30 percent in the crude pipeline and up to 15 percent equity in the EPIC NGL Pipeline.

Apache has the option to acquire a 50 percent stake in SCM Alpine, a 445,000-barrel-per-day natural gas liquids header system. Construction is underway, and completion is expected in the first quarter of 2019. ARM Midstream Management will construct, manage and operate the $100 million project, which is supported by 10-year commitments from Apache and Salt Creek Midstream.

Salt Creek Midstream will be comprised of multiple cryogenic processing facilities as well as natural gas and crude gathering pipelines, compression and treating facilities serving Culberson, Pecos, Reeves, Ward and Winkler counties in Texas and Eddy and Lea counties in New Mexico.

///////////Figured this would be of interest to land owners in Reeves county/////

Brenda – I might be able to help… if I knew how to ‘friend’ you so we might private message one another. Can’t seem to navigate just yet on the new forum layout. Later – Buzz

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.