Reeves County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Lawrence,

Link below is for access to all USGS streamflow sites. Those streams/springs are not shown. It includes San Solomon Spring water level only and flow on Barrillo Draw at Saragosa.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/current/?type=flow

Steve...many thanks. The flow rates don't tally with what I observed on Limpia Creek a few days ago. We haven't had much rain in the area of

Fort Davis, but Limpia Creek shows increased surface flow to the eye and

many of the locals have commented on that as being unusual.

Just hide and watch....things will change and I expect that change to be

abrupt.

I would also be looking for surface flow rates to increase in

Culberson county north of Kent around the Jobe Ranch HQ.

WhiteWater begins commercial operations of Agua Blanca gas pipeline
Austin-based WhiteWater Midstream said April 11 it placed into service the Agua Blanca natural gas pipeline from Orla to the Waha hub with capacity of 1.4 billion cubic feet per day.

from PBOG Journal

////////////////////

The WAHA hub is the Duke Energy gas plants in Coyanosa on FM1776 and FM1450 Southeast of Orla about 50 miles.

Gov. Abbott calls for federal government to aid Port of Corpus Christi

Gov. Greg Abbott joined Texas congressional leaders to request the federal government to help fund expansion of the ship channel at the Port of Corpus Christi. In a letter dated April 19 sent to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Washington, D.C., Abbott called for the corps to help fund the $327 million project to widen and deepen the ship channel so it can accommodate larger vessels carrying greater quantities of goods. “The benefit to our economic and national security is unrealized because of the bottleneck caused by ports unable to transport the very materials that promote national and energy security,” Abbott said. “Ships leaving energy-dominant ports must short fill their vessels at the refineries and facilities, then move offshore to get to capacity because bulk carriers are unable to pass through Texas channels without dragging. Investing in our waterways will help the U.S. to lead the way in energy dominance and strengthen our national and economic security.”
Sean Strawbridge, CEO of the Port of Corpus Christi, said the port handles more than 60 percent of U.S. domestic crude oil exports. “Texas is home to three of the top six ports in the country by tonnage, and the Port of Corpus Christi is the country’s leading energy port… Continued support and funding will be necessary to maximize our full potential.”
Strawbridge said the port hopes to complete the expansion by 2021. The Corpus Christi Caller Times said the port has committed $102 million for the project.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This will make Texas' Corpus Christi port the premier LNG (liquified natural gas) export hub for the USA and bring in lots of revenue to the USA from the rest of the world.

Frackers preach patience to investors. "While first-quarter earnings were less than exciting, Schlumberger Ltd., the largest service provider, said it plans to profitably add about 1 million horsepower worth of rock-crushing pumps this year into North American shale. Halliburton Co., the fracking king, said it sees a return to the 20 percent profit margins last seen before the downturn. Their optimism comes as oil prices drive toward $70 a barrel in New York, a strong psychological signal of recovery, while Saudi Arabia has said it sees $80 oil in the foreseeable future. Prices at that level could loosen the leash on what explorers will pay service providers to open their wells moving forward. "I’m excited about the outlook for North America and our March exit margins clearly demonstrate our path to normalized margins," said Jeff Miller, the Halliburton chief executive officer, on a conference call Monday after earnings were released."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

IF Apache, Primexx, Oxy, Noble Permian, and others indeed get 9,000 wells in Reeves, Loving, Ward, Pecos,and Culberson counties ready to

frack and bring on line by the end of 2018, we are talking about 900 Billion bucks to the western Permian all of the Delaware basin.

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invi...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dunno anything about these shindigs. Might be worthwhile, might be a waste of time and money. Anyone on the forum with experience with

this?

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf

Cynthia Simonds......that didn't answer any of my questions about the NARO

Texas convention. Do you know the answers?

Lawrence- I am the President of the Texas Chapter this year. Definitely one of the most cost effective seminars for royalty owners with a good lineup of topics. Maybe not as heavy on geology, as is your expertise. Click on the attachment below for a list of topics and speakers.

Thank you, Wade. If you're associated with it, then I KNOW it's worthwhile.

Wade,

I wish we were in Texas in the summertime we would pay the non member fee and attend. Ken and I could learn a lot on behalf of the family.

am new at all this. Saw in archives that someone was looking for names of surface owners in block 13 section 295 E2, We own the mineral rights. Our lease gave us the names they wanted. Would be glad to share if it doesn't step on toes. Have a question, how can I see if producer has filed for drilling permit? Any info about our part of block 13 would be helpful Have learned a lot from archives , you guys $ gals are great. Thanks Gene

got the info wrong.section 295 H&GN raiway survay Reeves cty tx

Gene, this link should take you to RRC site where you can check for permits

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do

Most recent activity looks like Centennial Sundown well in Section 300, next section east of you. Completion report filed in March showed 875 BPD. Looks like strongest area is about 3 miles further east where COG has a bunch of great wells.

New Orla gas plant operational

http://newsok.com/article/feed/2130776

New truck loading facility in Orla

https://www.chem.info/news/2018/05/holly-energy-partners-announces-delaware-basin-diesel-supply-project

Holly Energy Partners Announces Delaware Basin Diesel Supply Project

Deeper Insights

Holly Energy Partners plans to construct a truck loading rack in Orla, TX to serve the growing diesel demand in the Delaware Basin. This project will expand the Partnership’s existing logistics footprint and connect to its New Mexico refined product system. Construction will commence in the second quarter and is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2018. The cost of the project is estimated between $10 million and $20 million.

The facility will be capable of delivering up to 30,000 barrels per day of diesel depending on market demand. In connection with this project, the Partnership expects to enter into a long-term throughput agreement containing minimum annual throughput commitments with HollyFrontier.

About Holly Energy Partners, L.P.:

Holly Energy Partners, L.P., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries. The Partnership, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, owns and/or operates petroleum product and crude gathering pipelines, tankage and terminals in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Washington, Idaho, Oklahoma, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, and Kansas as well as refinery processing units in Kansas, and Utah.

(Source: http://www.hollyenergy.com)

Gene, Dusty....Regarding Centennial activity

They contacted me about a month ago inquiring about a ROW to bring

a lease produced water manifold poly pipeline into the Saltwater Disposal

facility on my property. I'm in Block 13, Section 182. They are planning

wells in Block 13, Sections 150 and 151 just west of Hwy 17 and have producing wells in the Bell lease 7 miles north of me on the East side of

Hwy 17. Those are the leases they intend to link together with a produced water poly pipeline gathering system. They will be drilling more wells in the area.

Wade re: Holly truck diesel loading rack near Orla.

Kinder Morgan owns the railroad spur from Pecos to Balmorhea....and I

hear rumors that several companies are planning on putting REOT skid

mounted self contained refineries along that spur to load finished products (diesel, gasoline, and LNG) on tanker cars to be taken to jobbers

and retail markets. (REOT...Refinery Equipment of Texas...they have a website and are based in Houston)

Are surface damages fees a one time payment or a yearly lease ?

I have a offer and don't how it works

Thank You

Stony Bing

A 5582