Reeves County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Concho Resources, RSP Permian to combine

Mikaila Adams

Editor-News

Concho Resources Inc., Midland, will acquire RSP Permian Inc. (RSPP) in a $9.5-billion stock transaction to create the largest unconventional shale producer in the Permian basin.

The combined company expects to run the largest drilling program in the Permian with 27 rigs on a combined footprint of more than 640,000 net acres. Included in RSPP’s 92,000 net Permian acres is a 14,000-net acre block of Delaware acreage that Concho sold to Silver Hill in January 2016 (OGJ Online, Jan. 16, 2016).

In fourth-quarter 2017, production on RSPP’s assets totaled 55,500 boe/d on a two-stream basis (80% crude oil, 20% natural gas) and 62,400 boe/d on a three-stream basis (71% oil, 17% NGLs, 12% gas). Concho’s total production was 211,000 boe/d on a two-stream basis (62% oil, 38% gas), according to Cowen & Co. LLC.

“[Concho] states that RSPP will add 5,000 gross locations, increasing its gross location count to 26,000. In RSPP’s latest predeal presentation, it notes 3,980 net locations in the Delaware [and] Midland based on base case well spacing and resource potential of about 2.8 billion boe,” the analysts detailed in a Mar. 28 research note.

Overall, the transaction adds 2.2 billion boe of resource potential, of which more than two-thirds is premium resource, the company said.

RSPP built a high-margin asset portfolio with large, contiguous positions in the core of the Permian, said Concho Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Tim Leach, and “they did so with a strategy of maximizing well performance and returns, which provides substantial running room for continuous development with large-scale projects,” he said.

The consideration will consist of 0.32 of a share of Concho common stock for each share of RSPP common stock. On closing, Concho shareholders will own 74.5% of the combined company, and RSPP shareholders will own 25.5%.

The transaction is expected to be completed in this year’s third quarter. Approved by the boards of both companies, the deal is subject to the approval of both Concho and RSPP shareholders, and the satisfaction of regulatory approvals and customary conditions.

On closing, Concho’s board will be expanded to 11 directors, including one independent member of the RSPP board.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Concho soon to be biggest player in Reeves/Delaware basin.

Phase I of EPIC NGL pipeline begins service in Delaware Basin

San Antonio-based EPIC Y Grade Pipeline said last week it has placed into service Phase I of its NGL pipeline from DLK Black River Midstream’s processing plant in Eddy County, N.M., to Delaware Basin Midstream’s terminal in Orla, Reeves county. First product was introduced into the 40-mile segment March 12. Phase II from the Orla terminal through Reeves, Ward, Crane and Upton counties to Benedum is under construction. The pipeline, which is being built beside EPIC’s 700-mile crude oil pipeline, will have multiple origin points in the Delaware and Midland basins and end at a fractionator in Corpus Christi. Bruce Kates, EPIC vice president, said April 2, “The pipeline makes it more efficient, moves it faster, keeps trucks off the highways, and gets the product to where it’s needed to make energy.”
EPIC began construction in December after signing an agreement with BP Energy to anchor the line to the producer’s NGL reserves in the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford to the Gulf Coast. Capacity will be 350,000 barrels per day. EPIC stands for Eagle Ford, Permian, Ingleside and Corpus.

/////Apache's natural gas liquids collection system is to tie into the EPIC

line as well////

U.S. rig count climbs above 1,000 for first time in three years

For the first time in three years, the U.S. has at least 1,000 active oil and gas rigs, according to Baker Hughes. In the latest report as of April 6, Baker Hughes said there are 1,003 rigs in the U.S. (993 last week), 498 rigs in Texas (496 last week), 90 rigs in New Mexico (87 last week) and 444 in the Permian Basin (443 last week). This time last year, there were 839 in the U.S., 418 in Texas, 51 in New Mexico and 331 in the Permian Basin. The last U.S. count of at least 1,000 was April 2, 2015, with 1,028.

///Reaching levels not seen since 2014, the last mini 'boom' in Reeves county./////

Does anyone know about Apache's activity, if any, in section 23 Blk 15C of Reeves County? I have a lease there and I'm told there is a an owner who is holding out to sign a lease bargaining for more money. I've also heard that Apache Corp. is drilling only about 4-6 miles away from this section and is waiting for the owner "hold out" to sign to get the section "yellowed in" to begin set up. Can anyone provide some perspective on this for me?

Ann

Block15C , Section23

Ann at this time the only Apache approved locations I find in your area is to the North several miles in Block 13. The wells circled in blue are Apache approved locations.

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Thank you, Clint and Lawrence. This is helpful. I am learning how to use the Texas RR website, still learning how to interpret things there. Your explanation is most helpful.

Ann

Old, 'played out' leases and wells about to boom again!!............

Second shale revolution is on the horizon. In less than two decades, Permian Basin operators have unleashed a shale revolution that has virtually tripled crude production from the region and upended global energy markets. Now a second revolution is on the horizon as operators prepare to re-enter those wells that launched the first revolution and implement secondary recovery projects. That can consist of operators reinjecting gas into the reservoir to restore pressure and then producing the additional crude and natural gas. “It looks like the second shale revolution will be huge,” said Lewis Matthews, data scientist with CrownQuest Operating. He said the Permian Basin has been producing for close to 100 years and “we’re not even close to getting all the oil.” CrownQuest alone has 200 years of drilling inventory, said Matthews, who expects companies such as Concho Resources and Pioneer Natural Resources have similar inventories. Read more at MRT.com

/////Remember I told this group about the

Russian Source Rock theory being proven

true and the 'played out' oil and gas production fields recharging naturally with

gas and hydrocarbons??? It's proven true that the Source Rock is constantly cooking

deep in the Earth near the Mantle and is replenishing the oil and gas trap formations

everywhere in the world. There is no 'Peak Oil', we're in no danger of running out because the Earth is constantly renewing the

resources through the cooking of Source Rock deep in the Earth.

So, expect there to be a LOT of reentries into

abandoned, non producing wells all over Andrews, Winkler, Ward, Loving, Pecos, Reeves and many other counties of the Permian and Delaware basins with enhanced

secondary and tertiery recovery techniques.

We will have a glut of producible oil and gas

and finally acknowledge hydrocarbons are ANOTHER renewable resource. So, hang onto your surface and mineral rights!

1 Like

Thanks Lawrence. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I always pay attention when you post here. Thanks for the good news and reports from ground zero!

Thanks Mr Rayburn for the information

Re: There is no 'Peak Oil'......Everyone needs to get after their representatives to STOP this movement to all electric vehicle transportation.

It is setting the USA up for being mortally wounded by an EMP attack...whereas with gasoline and diesel engine powered transportation, we cannot be subdued by EMP attack....but that also demands we STOP putting electronic controls on our engines....go back to mechanical injectors, breaker point or magneto pulse ignitions, and eliminate computer controls from our transportation and power generating facilities. This is a National Security issue to keep the People of the USA

safe from any possible attack by enemies anywhere. And we, here

in the Permian/Delaware basin....in the very heart of US energy production...should be spearheading movements to protect our power grid,transportation, water and food supply resources from attack by

enemies both foreign and domestic.

We have an opportunity with our new President to make the USA safe

and impregnable for ALL our Citizens. Our energy economic sector needs to be leading the charge. JMHO....

1 Like

Beware the Ides of September.......

http://oil-price.net" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: #efefef; border-collapse: collapse; text-align: left; border: 1px solid #000000; padding: 0px; border-spacing: 0px;">
WTI Crude Oil
$68.29 ▼-0.18 -0.26%
2018.04.19 end-of-day

I say Beware the Ides of September because like in 1986, many newly formed exploration companies...especially concentrated on developing the

Delaware basin.....are highly leveraged, operating on borrowed capital based on reserve estimates still in the ground. In '86 the price of oil

dropped from $75/bbl to $5/bbl overnight on news from OPEC. There

are checks in place now, but if Israel abruptly preemptively attacks Iran's

nuclear and ICBM development programs, the instability it will cause

in the world energy market could cause a replay of the oil price collapse

of 1986. People working for the oil and gas exploration companies are

just as highly leveraged. They OWN nothing outright. It's all mortgaged to the hilt.....so, if the banking industry suddenly had to call in all the capital loans to the startup oil and gas exploration companies....EVERYONE would suddenly lose their jobs....and couldn't

pay their mortgages on anything.

My old acquaintance, Clayton Williams, was caught in the crunch of '86

like everyone else...and nearly went under. I think Clayton sold off his

assets for 7.5 Billion at the end of last year because he sees the same pattern developing...and he isn't going to be operating on borrowed money. If the oil and gas sector of our economy shells out like it did in

1986, Clayton Williams will be in a great position to continue exploration

in Reeves and Culberson counties...and wait for the prices to rebound.

IF Israel precipitates such an oil and gas sector collapse....they'll do it

near the end of September. Hang on to your surface and mineral rights

and watch what develops.

Thanks for your analysis on WTI Crude. I would also add that Saudi Arabia is working the price of oil as best they can towards a higher price due to the near future IPO of their oil company. That will keep the price higher possibly past September since I heard the IPO of Saudi Aramco has been delayed but don't know for how long.

Thanks to everyone on this blog for all your great comments.

Navgoat

New subject: I have had several Pipeline easement requests and have accepted two (currently working through my lawyer). But a question has entered. With a couple of easements for pipelines down the western edge of my 80 acres, how much is too much when it come to pipelines????

Location Reeves; Blk C-18, Sec 4, SE/4, W/2, AB4061

Currently under a new lease holder.

navgoat.....about 10 ROWs wide at 30 to 50 feet wide per ROW...and get $500/rod.

Thanks, .

That's a lot of pipe. It also includes a water pipe. Will let you all know how it goes.

USGS: Earthquake hits near Marfa

Published 10:14 pm, Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Photo: U.S. Geological Survey

A 2.8 magnitude earthquake took place at about 2:54 a.m. Monday, about 29 miles west-northwest of Marfa, according to the USGS.

The U.S. Geological Survey this week recorded an earthquake near Marfa.

The 2.8 magnitude earthquake took place at about 2:54 a.m. Monday, about 29 miles west-northwest of Marfa, according to the USGS.

There have been seven earthquakes reported near Marfa in the past year, according to earthquaketrack.com. A quake with a magnitude of 2.5 to 5.4 is “often felt, but only causes minor damage,” according to Upseis, an educational site for seismologists. There are about 30,000 quakes each year, according to the site

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

These indicate deep magma movement along faults in this area. It's causing rising pressure on the fresh water aquifers and increased flow along Limpia Creek in the Davis mountains.

Below is a link to a plot of flow from Griffin Springs that show the flow dropping about 20% at Noon on April 17.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv/?site_no=08427000&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060

Steve....could you find a plot of flow from the spring and along Limpia

Creek at Fort Davis and Cimmeron Creek at Shafter for the same period?