Reeves Co Tax Office updated

The Reeves County tax office has finally completed their update of the 2022 taxes. I was able to access the records for all my properties, along with the tax invoices. They even have my updated address after trying to get them to change it for 1 1/2 years. Anyone that has tried to access it lately has had the message that it was currently offline and to try again later. It’s finally done. https://iswdataclient.azurewebsites.net/webindex.aspx?dbkey=REEVESTAX&time=202211111643019

4 Likes

Could you add a link to the post for the Reeves County tax office? Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for posting. We still have not received the actual invoices to pay. We have 14 tax bills to pay according to Reeves CAD and we won’t be using the automated system to pay but will instead await the invoices. The site is not complete btw…we have other wells that are not being shown yet. Emphasis on yet I’m sure.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for posting. As usual Reeves County is the last to hear from.

I haven’t received the tax notices through the mail yet, but I can access them online finally. I received all 9 of mine, so I was hoping that meant they had them all. I’m sorry you’re still missing some. But it’s definitely the first progress I’ve seen from them in a long time.

Received the invoices via USPS yesterday.

1 Like

Received my tax invoice yesterday, but paid online last week. Online payment was accepted and confirmed via an email from Reeves County so the online process seems to work well.

1 Like

How are people coming on getting their tax bills? Still have not received ours.

1 Like

Received statements for wells and surface in Reeves County. Not yet gotten statements for ISD taxes for wells in Ward County

I received mine about 11/15. You can also go online and look it up if you haven’t received it through the mail yet.

1 Like

Got mine as well. The problem I have is my pay status is suspended due to heirship issues. I don’t understand how I was allowed to sell a percentage (they are not getting paid either) and now they want me to pay taxes. If they don’t know that I own it how can they charge me?

Reeves County CAD and tax assessor do not trace title through the deed records. The oil company sends the list of royalty owners, including addresses and DOI in its records, to tax office. Appraiser determines value and it is allocated among the operator and royalty owners in accordance with their ownership. If a royalty owner is in suspense due to title issues, the taxes are still due. Late payment will incur interest and penalties. At some point, the tax assessor can foreclose on the mineral interest and sell at auction via sheriff’s deed. Hopefully you are making progress on heirship title and will get in pay soon.

3 Likes

Just received another bill from Reeves County. The majority of the invoices arrived a couple months back. Their (The County) still playing catch up with us in regards to new wells/new production invoices.

The Reeves Tax Office strikes again. Sending out Supplemental tax bills to who knows how many people who do not own an interest in the wells being billed. I guess they should not be surprised when they don’t pay them either.

Not sure if the error is at Capitol, Reeves CAD or the Tax Office, as they are pretty good about trying to shuttle you over to one of the others.

2 Likes

I got two bills today for wells I don’t own an interest in. I was in Pecos yesterday paying various taxes and one of the ladies in the office where you pay said the Appraisal District was sending out bills to the wrong people. One of the bills was for $0.38, the other was over $2400. I can’t wait to see if I get more bills on the wells I do have an interest in!

And now Reeves is sending out duplicate “Supplemental” bills for 2021 taxes on wells that we paid in July when they did their big billing for wells they failed to bill on for 2020 and 2021.

In short, scrutinize every bill from Reeves carefully. Notify the CAD, the Tax Office and Capitol of the errors, since they like to point fingers at each other. Maybe they will eventually get it straightened out, but this new round of big errors is pretty discouraging about it happening anytime soon.

3 Likes

Yeah, I got another bill today (my 4th, I think). This bill was for a well that I don’t own an interest in. I paid the previous bill only to be sent a letter saying my payment was about 30% short (I paid the exact amount due), and they sent me a new bill with a higher amount for the same wells. It’s a mess.

Received a 2020 Supplemental Statement for a well which we paid in July. However, the DOI is different and when I entered the Property ID into the Reeves County CAD, this is a different owner’s bill for the same well. So far all the other 2020 and 2021 Supplemental statements received in the last week are for unknown wells.

2 Likes

You need to review the revised 2022 Reeves Tax Statements carefully as some changes are updates, rather than errors. The original 2022 Tax Statement did not include Town of Pecos City (Tax Entity 10) for those wells (or parts of wells) which are within the city limits. Revised bills have added this tax. Tax rate for Town of Pecos City is 0.5649300. Combined tax rate for all entities, including Pecos City, is 2.3044046 % and combined tax rate excluding Pecos City was 1.7394746 %. This results in a 32.5% total tax increase. This increase will apply to all the Colgate MIPA wells which are located under the Pecos City. If only a small part of the unit is within the city limits, then the Pecos City tax rate will only be applied to a portion of the appraised value. Additional note - if your original 2022 tax statement had multiple wells, the Tax Office applies your payment to the taxes due in order of the list. So the additional Pecos City tax will be applied to the MIPA wells and then the last well on the list will have an unpaid tax balance equal to the total Pecos City tax for all the wells. You will see the Pecos City tax on the Tax Receipt. I figured this out on a spreadsheet and so paid the 2022 Pecos City tax.

2 Likes

The two bills I received were not my wells. My two wells are in BLK 13 SEC 223 out near Saragosa so there won’t be any Town of Pecos City tax there. I will try to call next week and let them know these don’t belong to me!

1 Like