Recent Activity in the Northeastern Part of Stephens County

Anyone know anything about the recent activity in 10-2N-4W? I've seen Cactus rigs all over but I dont have any info.

I do not see any permits on the Corp Comm website.

Michael, Continental Resources received a final order for Drilling and Spacing units in sec. 10 yesterday. The next step will probably be to apply for a Pooling Order and most likley a Location Exception. Continental recently finished drilling Sec 17 and should be fracking soon. Cactus Rig 152 drilled it. Newfield Exploration should be starting or already started on Sec 16, I don't know who the Driller is on that one. Between Continental and Newfield there are about 18 sections in 2/N that are at some stage in the process. If you happen to be driving down Hwy 29 sec 17, Poteet 1-17H is on the N. side about 2 miles W. of Hwy 76. Please let me know what it looks like, tanks set or anything else going on. Thanks, Mike

I will be driving through there Saturday and I will be sure and take note of everything I see. If I may ask, where do you get the info on Continental and Newfield? Ive looked all over for that kind of info!

Keep bringing us the "good news" as you find out!

I have interests in 4 other sections as well; section 1, 11, 13, 24. all in the 2N

Go to: http://www.occeweb.com/index.html from the divisions menu click oil and gas then databases, instructions for the databases will come up. After you have done all that you can open the case processing database and search by section, township and range or by relief sought to find orders for Spacing, Pooling etc. In the meantime I can look up those sections for you, are they all in 2N / 4W ? Thanks for passing on anything you see on my well site.

Michael, So far sec 10 is the only one you got going. You are in the thick of it though. The following sections in 2N/4W are at some stage in the process 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,14,15,16,*17,18,19,22,28

Awesome!

I hope we see some more info in the up coming weeks. Continental has sent us info on a rig they are about to put out there. (or hire to put out there) Some 8 million dollars on a rig with a very sizable depth projection.

Isnt it true that if they are drilling near a section that your minerals are in, they could kick to your minerals and there round a bout??

Crossing our fingers!

Thats about right ours was around $7mil. Total depth almost 20,000 ft. (verticle and horizonal combined). Not exactly sure what you meant in your last paragraph but I have read that the formations are so tight that they only get production from about 300ft out from the bore. They are drilling sections with plans for up to 8 wells per section. Continental drilled ours starting 330 ft. from the east section line, leaving room for more wells moving west. They have been doing this a lot which requires a location exception order because the standard placement is 1320ft. from section lines.

Interesting....

What I meant on my last post; sometimes they drill in one section but they drill directionally and pull from several mineral sections. Does that make sense? Otherwise, that is really nether here nor there.

How have they been spacing in that area? I know there are several ways to space. From yoru last post it seems they are staying pretty tight.

In section 17 they put the unit (on paper) exactly in the middle of the section, probably because they didn't know yet which way they were going to drill. Before they started drilling in October they got a location exception to accomodate more wells. Next door in sec 16 Newfield did they same thing but instead of drilling south to north they are going to drill north to south. It will be interesting to compare the production when both are complete.

In Blaine County Continental is completeing the first multi-section well in Oklahoma. The horizonal going through most of 1280 acres and it only took them 47 days to drill!

Not literally going through 1280 individual acres but through two 640 acre sections, about a 9000ft. lateral.

Michael Hutchison said:

In section 17 they put the unit (on paper) exactly in the middle of the section, probably because they didn't know yet which way they were going to drill. Before they started drilling in October they got a location exception to accomodate more wells. Next door in sec 16 Newfield did they same thing but instead of drilling south to north they are going to drill north to south. It will be interesting to compare the production when both are complete.

In Blaine County Continental is completeing the first multi-section well in Oklahoma. The horizonal going through most of 1280 acres and it only took them 47 days to drill!

I just received a spacing request for section 10 from continental resources. They are doing the EXACT same thing.

Centering the drilling point and dividing the section by quarters.

We shall see!

Good Luck!

I am new to this group and have a question regarding drilling permits. I have noticed on the OCC web site that a drilling permit (well 1-12H) has been issued in section 13 2N 4W; however, the drilling will also be under section 12. If Newfield hits oil and/or gas, will it be pulled from both sections or just section 12?

I have also noticed the same situation in Garvin county with a permit issued for Sec. 36 3N 4W and drilling into section 25. Can anyone in the group explain what is going on in these two situations?

Hey Michael!

If you arent too busy, would you look at the section 10 2n 4w and see if there is anything new popping up? I cant seem to get to the database that you use for this info.

I also have interests in section 1, 11, 13, 24. all in the 2N 4W

Thanks Bud!

Danny,

Im not sure about all that but I do know there are several people on this site that can help! You might wanna start a new discussion and see if anyone replies!!

Danny, According to the drilling permit the starting point is in sec. 13 at 450 feet from the north section line. The first perforation will be 165 feet into sec. 12 and the last perforation will be 165 ft. from the north section line in sec. 12. It appears that if and when there is production it will all be from sec. 12. This is just my read on it, you might get a more educated opinion from someone else on exactly what this means to royalty owners in the 2 sections. I noticed the price tag on this well is $9.7mil.

Michael W.,

I'll probably get a chance to look those up sometime today. Have you been by my well lately? Looks like we might have production in the next few weeks.

Danny,

Same thing in Garvin. Starts in 36, completes in 25. Looks like you have an active verticle well in 36.

Michael,

Still just the spacing order in sec.10. Nothing in 1,11 or 24. See my reply to Danny above about sec. 13. Drilling in 13 but completing in 12.