Recent Activity in the Northeastern Part of Stephens County

My husband and I own some royalty in Sec. 16, 29, and 34 in Stephens, Co. 2N,4W all of which is leased. Newfield is planning to drill on 16 and have the location made and plan to do directional drilling when they get a rig loose. We drove down there a few days ago and husband talked to the Continental Man on the Poteet well on 17 and they really got a good well! I believe they said around 7 1/2 million cubic feet of gas and at that time 260 bbls. of oil but still had fluid flowing back (I believe that was the term used) so they were actually expecting it to get better! Sounds Great!!!

Our sections 29 and 34 2N,4W are leased out to Continental but haven't heard any plans for drilling on these. Has anyone heard anything about them? We were told by someone with Newfield that they are expecting to drill 2 wells on 16 (directionally) from south to north to 16. Any further news on any of this would be appreciated. Some of our relatives that live down there said that they had been told that there were going to be somewhere around 18 wells drilled in that area. Best wishes for everyone a Great Well!

Thanks, Linda

Oh, yes, Mike the tanks are set on the Poteet (Sec. 17 2N,4W). Congratulations if you have royalty there! Guess we'll know where we can come to borrow some money! lol

Linda, I am the proud and very excited owner of a small interest in the Poteet. By my last count there are 18 sections in 2N/4W in some stage of developement. Now that the Poteet is complete and producing some impressive amounts of both oil and gas I think theres going to be a whole lot of drilling. I can look up 29 & 34 on the OCC website and see if Continental has any applications in process. The chance of multiple wells in some sections is a real possibility. I believe what you mean is horizonal rather than directional drilling. If you are not already a member of the Stephens County forum you might want to join. Good Luck, Mike

Yes, I did mean horizonal drilling. Also meant Stephens County (not sephens). lol And, yes, I would like for you to check on 29 and 34 2n,4w for me if you will. Thanks, Linda

p.s. I do believe I became a member of the Stephens County Forum and wrote the same post there. I WAS a little confused on what I was doing so I'm not sure. I'm blaming this "nut behind the button" for any messes I make! lol

Gary, There has already been some action in that area. Continental Resources recently completed a good well in 3N/4W the Lyle 1-30H. In the township to your west 2N/4W Continental has a nice completion in Sec. 17 , there is activity all over that township, Continental and Newfield are literally fighting over several sections. Newfield has not yet made any applications for your sec., but it's probably only a matter of time. If you have already been offered $3000 once they make a move toward drilling the offers will probably go up. The case processing takes awhile so it could be several months before they start drilling. I don't know if there is a Garvin forum but the Grady and Stephens Co. forums have a lot of information on that 3 county area.

Gary, A good place to keep track of the progress on your section is the OCC website. It takes a while to learn your way around but by monitoring the case processing database you can see how they are coming along.

http://www.occeweb.com/index.html