Received offer to purchase my Ellsworth District mineral rights

I just received an unsolicited initial offer to purchase our mineral rights in the Ellsworth District of Tyler County, WV. The offer was made by Appalachian Mineral Partners. Apparently, I own just under 1.7 net mineral acres of a 49 gross mineral acre property, which AMP are willing to purchase for $1,200 per Net Mineral Acre. Having read a few of the other threads on this very helpful site, their offer seems pretty darn low. I much prefer selling to leasing, given all the leasing hassles I’ve also read about here, but wondered if anyone had direct knowledge of going rates for purchasing mineral rights in Tyler or neighboring counties. I also wonder if AMP has any serious competitors for this parcel who may want to outbid AMP or are they going to be the sole party interested in acquiring these rights. Any help, greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Don…look up some of my replies…watch those offers. Try to keep yours if you can. That’s the advice I have received on here from very reliable, professional folks as well as those who have had the same offers and a bit of experience. My leases are all in Tyler County…who knows…maybe we are partners.

My advice is to lease with a 2000.00 per ac bonus.Hold out.Antero is covering the area with many well pads. You will get it.My sisters and I are looking at a lease bonus close to 3000.00 an ac .on a large parcel. Royalty checks will go on for years. Antero waits till just before they drill sometimes to lease. This is my experience.

1 Like

If you know nothing about gas and oil leases, consult an attorney. The gas and oil companies will try to get you to sign what they call a “standard lease”. That lease consists of a lifetime lease, with you paying production costs. You should offer them a term lease with an option. Typically, a 5 year lease with maybe a 3 year option. And never sign a lease agreeing to pay production costs. Bottom line, consult your attorney.

I hentit 69.00005arce frome willem elfen rose he died we are sole rel. I get 1/8 of gas and oil antro frome denver I don’t if I own land or not or they drilling ,we are in a pool ,I did a 200 doller sine bone I’m I to get every month I need help

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.