Purchased Mineral Rights Wilmington Oil Field

Hello. I am new to this forum and looking for guidance. I have searched the internet and still trying to figure it out. I purchased a house in Long Beach, CA with the mineral rights in 2019. I have since sold the house but retained the mineral rights. Title shows an oil and gas lease dated June 10, 1965 and refers to the Wilmington Oil Field. The previous owners the house have passed away and I am not sure how to find out if I would receive any royalties. Any information and resources would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have found that much of the Wilmington field is operated by California Resources Corporation (“CRC”). I suggesting contacting their owner relations and see if they can help you. If they do not have any indication that your property is one that they are producing, you may need to enlist the services of a landman (professional mineral title researcher) to see if they can trace the lease to the current operator, assuming that the lease did not otherwise terminate.

I wish you well in your endeavor.

1 Like

Oneenviro, you might be able to locate your property on the california wellfinder map. (link:https://maps.conservation.ca.gov/doggr/wellfinder/#openModal/-118.24135/33.77516/14

There are still some active wells in the area. There are/have been many wells in the Wilmington area, so you would have to narrow your search down to the land shown on your lease.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.