Project Springboard (SCOOP Related)

Remember that 1002’s are only a very short test before the wells clean up. They have a lot of water in them from the frac. May not be indicative of actual performance (but sometimes they are…) Better to wait for a couple of months production after the flowback.

Don, Can you tell me where this new well will be ? They are building a new pad on the west side of 19c ( Alex Highway) just north of Sec. 30 Township 7 range 5 west Grady County, Ok I have minerals in 30 and suspect the well will be drilled in 30 and 31.

Thanks Much David L. Steagall

Thanks M.

You are right.

Here’s the completion report for the Birt 3-13-12XHS, right next to the Williams wells, showing 12 bpd.

Birt 3 12.pdf (493.1 KB)

And here is the Gross Production report for the same well showing 300 bpd.

Birt 3 prod.pdf (379.0 KB)

Hopefully, that is what will happen with the Williams wells.

Birt wells are Springer Williams are Woodford apples to oranges Springer much better production than the deeper Woodford…

George,

The point was to show that Completion Reports can be misleading as to real Gross Production.

That can happen in any formation.

X637787 SPRG 23-7N-6W (RECOGNIZED SHALE MEMBER OF LOWER SPRINGER IS TARGET) Do we now have an upper and lower Springer ?

John best to ignore the public released IP data. For several reasons: When they complete (frac) a well there is at least a two week period (usually more) where the oil flow increases from none at all to all it will produce. Within that period the oil flow will vary considerable from hour to hour. After 2-3 week the oil flow will max out but still vary (sometime a lot) on a daily or hourly basis. Best way to know what kind of well is wait for the first FULL month production.

CLR or any operator can chose literacy any moment in time during that first couple of weeks to report the IP so it is meaningless, and should be view in the contact of what the company is trying to achieve. I will note Harold Hamm bought CLR stock recently so I am expecting a pretty good report monday afternoon.

Geroge,

It sure looks like there are Upper and Lower Springers.

Maybe like this graph.

Springers.pdf (244.6 KB)

And those Springer formations are supposed to have BILLIONS of barrels of “liquid hydrocarbons.”

Located within the already producing SCOOP area in the southeastern Anadarko Basin, the lower Springer/Goddard shale [3, 4] has been the newest shale resource play in Oklahoma since 2013 and boasts 5.1 billion barrels of liquid hydrocarbons and 135 trillion cubic feet of recoverable gas [5, 6]. But only 2.3 billion barrels of liquids and 65.5 trillion cubic feet of gas have been recovered, leaving more than double that is still recoverable as of 1995 [7

Here’s the cite for that quote.

Can you share with me where sec. 30 township 7 north range 5 west stacks up in the graph as far as the yellow coloring please ?

I forgot to include, Grady County, Ok.

Here’s 30-7-5. You can extrapolate it on to the yellow coloring in the graph.

30-7-5.pdf (69.6 KB)

It’s just about in the center of the hottest part of Scoop and contains the 4 Triple H wells totaling 6,000 bpd!

Triple H Springer 30-7-5 4 wells.pdf (142.0 KB)

Be careful with BOEPD. It’s hype. Not near 6000 BOPD.

Looks like you are right, Todd.

Here’s the Triple H 2 Gross Production which was the only one to start out about 1,500 bpd.

Triple H 2 44,482b.pdf (421.5 KB)

The other 3 started out with Gross Production of about 1,000 bpd.

Also, the Triple H 2 was the only one to show a Completion Report above 1,500 bpd i.e. 1,654 bpd.

Triple H 2 1654bpd.pdf (494.0 KB)

And check out that individual well decline on the Triple H 2 i.e. it dropped over 50% in 6 months!

Continental has shut down production for the last 2 months in the Pyle 1-36-25XH in 25-7-6.

They are drilling 4 more Pyle (Woodford) wells and 4 more Hart (Springer) wells in 25-7-6.

It is my understanding that they have to shutdown production in the Pyle 1-36-25XH while the new Pyle wells are being fracked.

But fracking is supposed to take only 2-4 days.

Any idea, M, why the “old” well would be shut down for 60 days?

Thanks in advance.

The old wells are shut down and many companies pressure them up to protect from the new pressure front coming from the new frac job. Seems to protect the production in the earlier wells. The frac water may not hit the old well, but the pressure front can cause trouble. Common practice these days.

Martha, this seems to be happening to us with the Robinson wells in 15-7-6. We are in Sec 10 and the older Robinson 2 well had been paying very well since it started production May 2017, then as the #3, 4, and 5R started producing in Oct-Nov 2018, our royalty payments on the #2 dropped precipitously to 10% of previous amounts. I figured that was par for the course, but just got our check info for March production and it has only recovered to maybe 15%. I can’t complain with three new wells, but is there still hope that the #2 will recover at least to some extent?

Some wells do and some wells don’t. The companies think bigger picture in recovery from the whole section, not on a well by well basis.