Pottowatomie County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

D Davis, 3 West is a Cleveland Co. legal.

Wesley: Thanks. Does that mean that my deed (and my father's deed which my deed replaces) is incorrect? If so I should do research and untangle that! David

David, don't know. I have no credentials, am simply a mineral interest owner. I thought it might just be a simple typo (I've been known to do that). Just check your documents, your father's deed and yours, and any other descriptions of this interest that you have. Let us know what you find. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will give you some suggestions. Before sending this, I checked my maps and Section 34, Township 10 North, Range 3 West is between Norman and Moore, west of Telephone Rd and north of Indian Hill Rd.

I recently found an oil and gas deed from 1922 that my grandfather Albert Merrell gave me 40 years ago. The description on it is

NORTH HALF OF THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER OF SECTION TWENTY NINE TOWNSHOP SEVEN NORTH RANGE TWO EAST ,M.
Book and page number is book 43 pgfe 229-230. on may 25 1922

Purchased from a Mary Hudson and M..V,.Hudson

How do i find information on this?

Hello,

I can see by the post ,that activity here is slow. I hope for all us ,that things pick up. I have an old lease agreement from November 2012. I know that a well has been drilled ,but have not received any news from this sense. This is for Section11-10N-4E (640 acre unit ). Could someone get me in touch with a landman that can update me on this site. Thanks for any info , and good fortunes ahead, Tom

Tom, the only Corporation Commission record of a well being drilled in your section is from a long time ago at this link http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/00000004/OCC_OG_25HHPVE_33EUC8N.pdf

looks like an offset in Sec 2 was drilled in 2014. dry and plugged. Doesnt bode well...

Well thank you , no pun intended :-)

I have a well proposal from Eagle Road Oil for all of Sec 32-T07N-R02E W/2 NW/4 (80 acres). Landman tells me they want to drill in January (2018), pooling of 80 acres if Wilcox formation and 640 acres if Woodford. Any neighbors receiving similar proposals? My NW corner is on Fishmarket Rd. and Trousdale/York Rd.

Allen B.

What is a typical or reasonable charge for pond water to be used by a drilling team--say, 5-10,000 barrels?

I have a working interest in 2-9N-2E, 3-9N-2E, and 11-9N-2E. A company called Miner Electric has acquired the working interest from our previous operator and has issued a demand that we pay hundreds of dollars in back JIBs on these leases or they will take our properties in court. I have no information as to what all these expenses are. They have shut down 5 of the 14 existing wells. Can anyone shed any light? The wells are all named Union Point.

Sharon, I can't shed any light on your question, but I do have a question for my own education. What is a JIB in this context?

Joint Interest Billing. I had to look it up myself:)

Ahah! Thanks. Got it.

I am new, never leased before, inherited mineral rights. Boomerang called and wants to make an offer on sec 5 10n 2e 53 acres at $50 and 3/16, 5 years. I need someone to review the lease. Any suggestions?

I would never do less than 1/4, and never more than 3 year lease. But let someone else give their opinion. Have not heard of much leasing in Potawatomie Co.

Thank you for the advice. He started at 100 and 1/8 in 5 year. I knew better than to go for 1/8th. Your correct on not much activity. There is one producing well oil and gas in the far corner of quarter section to the Northwest of mine and I am told that part of the land I inherited had been leased on and off over the past 40 years without a well drilled.