Possible new oil aciviy in couny

Earlier this year we received a lease proposal for our small MA in section 29, T3S R4W. Later this year we received a proposal for our MA in section 32 T3S R4W. We have signed both. So far no sign of drilling activity. What is happening in the county?

We leased mineral rights for 150 acres in section 22 in January. Has any drilling occured?

Thanks for the response. My congratulation to you for your lease.

Oil activity is all new to me. I live about 100 miles away and know next to nothing about the area and oil business. I know of no drilling activity. My only source has been the landmen I dealt with - one for each section (29 & 32). One said more mineral owners must be signed before any drilling starts. My wife and I are just happy to have interest. Our mineral rights have been in or family for several generations. Years ago multiple dry holes were poked in this area, but last year, during my only visit to the area, I saw production on several ajacent sections. If I know of any change I will post it here.

what is the average lease bonus in Jefferson county?

We just received another lease offer for interests in R4W, TS3 S, Section 26. They want it cheap at $100.00 per ac. Might have to deal since we are just a couple of a whole bunch of owners.

Mary Walker said:

what is the average lease bonus in Jefferson county?