Payne County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Martha, FYI: Mailed my DO in to White Star Monday. Arrived Wed. Owner Relations(Laura) said she got it yesterday. Asked about first check. She looked into it and said it was dated yesterday and being mailed out. So far I’m impressed with White Star Owner Relations and Division Order departments. Even the accounting department responded yesterday when I had a question about the check amount. Jimmy

Jimmy, Good work, you are the WS quasi coordinator!

Martha, I’ve always judged any operation by the level and quality of their customer service. So far WS is top notch!!

Martha, first royalty check arrived today at noon. WS good to their word.

Jimmy

Jimmy and Bob, Is WS paying you for oil or gas production or both? It’s important to know the API gravity weight of the oil and whether if it is natural gas or natural gas condensate. Reason: light oil brings $40.83, natural gas condensate brings $5.50 and dry natural gas $2.85 however, the API gravity of gas condensate is typically 50 degrees to 120 degrees. The API gravity of the light oil is 40 to 50 degrees.

Interesting, They are paying me on both but I’m not sure of those details. I’ll look at my stubs again and see if I can make anything out of it. I really just looked at “oil” yesterday but I noticed there were other categories as well. I was just thrilled to get my first check!! Thanks Martha.

Jimmy, You will have to call WS and ask for the API gravity weight. Oil with a very high API can be erroneously classified as condensate, but it should bring higher price according to this adjustment chart. http://crudemarketing.chevron.com/crude/north_american/east_rockies…

Don’t worry Bob. It’s just a quick shot down I-35 from OKC to our home in Central Texas. Bet yours arrives today. I was also very impressed with the very easy to read and understandable detailed production information included. Not being in the oil game very long, I was concerned it might be confusing. Nope! Keep 'em coming!

Emailed Laura Sterkel on the 21st of July with details of my needs. No response, so emailed again on the 28th, no response. Called Monday the 1st of August and left a detailed message as to what I needed info on. Still no Response. Getting a little upset! JC

Martha,Jimmy, Thanks for the reply. I’ll try again. JC

It looks like some of my emails didn’t go thru. I received an email from Laura stating my last 2 were blank. Took a different route and she received it. She said she’s research the RI and let me know. JC

Great! My experience with her ( as well as Division Order dept. and Accounting) has been very good. Glad you’re going to get the information you need. Jimmy

She wa on vacation for a while, I deal with Tim Andrews…White Star

American Energy and Aubrey always had the check here in Portland, Oregon the 2nd day of the month without fail. Now we have White Star, 1st check last month came the 3rd and so far this month no check. Maybe Jimmy got my share…

JC, Try sending a certified letter with return receipt or get a landman to run your records. Landman: Monte Hoffman phone # 405-842-1930 with Easton Land Services.

I emailed Laura again and stated I needed my RI for the 3 wells and she replied with my decimal interest. I emailed back and explained I needed my RI not the decimal interest. Waiting for a response. Surprised they responded so quickly. JC

Jimmy, Ask Laura the amount of mineral acreage the Division Order Title Opinion shows for your RI.

JC, just told her you wanted your RI not the decimal present. Maybe that will help.

JC, DO Title Opinions are mostly correct and calculated correctly. I’ve known a few that were not.

Correction: Light crude oil API doesn’t stop at 50 degrees; it can be 50+