Pawnee County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hi larry, where are you getting that information regards the rigs??

Cheers

Red fork just had a well come in at noble county flowing as high as 20 bbls oil per hour and 260,000 scf of gas in 24hrs, with minimal frac water unloaded.

notice in today’s rig report that Highmount/Trinadad Drlg moved their rig 202 into Noble County and Redfork/Dan D Drlg moved their rig 04 into Pawnee County.

Anybody know where they are?

fyi - the Cummings Oil/Dan D Drlg rig 12 has been on 22N 4E 15, and apparently still is

Dylan

here’s the link i use for baker-hughes drilling report. it updates unregularly, sometimes on fridays- sometimes not.

http://www.drillingahead.com/USARigReport

I can’t swear by my facts posted because theres some memory involved and some deductive guessing, being that I’m in Texas and can’t see things 1st hand. Corrections are welcome, in fact somewhat being fished for.

nice info on the noble county fed fork well - sounds good. do ya know where it was? the reason I’m asking is theres a map that shows a actively drilling zone at an angle that points towards my area of pawnee county - and i’m trying to teach myself how to be better informed on activity. We may have a lease expiring soon and if so i want to be a better negotiator.

thanx

Larry

Location of Blair 1-24h is - Sec 24 Twp 20N Rge 1E : County - NOBLE

That red fork energy well you mentioned is being drilled into the red fork formation not the Mississippian. Thanks for the link.

just to post what i believe is an update -

the Cummings Oil/Dad D Drilling rig which has been on 15 22N 04E has finished drilling and is rigging down according to today’s rig report. Word from a local is that a new location has just been prepared on 11 22N 04E - likely it’s next stop.

family who are local have confirmed the Cummings Oil/Dan D Drilling rig has moved to section 11 22N 4E and the well on section 15 is now sitting idle. A call to Cummings Oil didn’t help - apparently their C/S rep is not kept entirely up to date. So now we’re trying to get the local gossip from afar (Texas) to see if there’s more info there. Now hoping for confirmation of the intent to frac - where the fracking crews are and when to expect them… again hoping they’re not having to wait on more holes in the area to be completed.

look at all the new permit activity in 22N 3E… and several by Highmount. Looks like ya’ll are occupying my company’s attention away from my place… and the permit is getting shorter. :~} STOP THAT

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

<–see my new avatar, we got tanks!

the pics were sent to me, so that’s all i know. wonder what assumptions the tanks give… don’t see a well head pump in any of the pictures, don’t know that the hole has been frac’d.

found some interesting history about the Pawnee area of Pawnee County;

1. Sec. 31-22N-4E (Pawnee County): Pablo Energy quietly pushed the Mississippi Lime horizontal play on to the Cherokee Platform with the drilling of their Ripley 1H-31 in 2008. With a completion that was registered in 2010, the well now shows a September 2008 initial potential of 94 BO + 1 MCF + 1009 BWPD and a retest one year later of 295 BO + 100 MCF + 785 BWPD. With still no reported production it is difficult to determine how good this well is, but it definitely set off a land rush in this part of the State.

Pablo has since drilled additional wells: the Bruce 1H-32 one mile east (269 BO + 45 MCF + 1,238BWPD), and the Turkey Creek 1H-30 one mile north (145 BO + 167 MCF + 1,947 BWPD). Five miles west they are drilling the Gilbert 1H-32, which was spudded in November of last year, and one mile south the Larry 1H-6 has been permitted. Clearly the Ripley well gave Pablo a lot of encouragement. Produc ing 35 degree API crude, the Ripley was completed in a 4150-7054 ft lateral (TVD 3908 ft) and was treated with 1.4 million pounds of sand.

http://www.green2010.us/mississippianplay.htm

IMO - the whole article was very much what I’ve been looking for to teach me the basics of the Mississippi Lime/Mississippian formation.

Cummins got another drilling permit today - for 22N 04E sec-12, but again the rig will be on another section (13).

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD054C0.pdf

They’re now drilling sec-11 from sec-14. Interesting in a couple ways…

.they’re apparently getting a hole one each section they have there. must be something good happening, but best i can tell they’re not fracking these holes yet. guess they’ll do them all at once??

. wonder why they keep putting the rig on a section to the south of the section they’re drilling …

What are my mineral rights worth? For tax purposes I am trying to determine the value of retained mineral rights for property that I recently sold the surface rights. I recently received an offer of $1,000/acre for the mineral rights on land that 2 horizontal wells are presently being drilled. I have no intention of selling. I am presently trying to estimate the value of the mineral rights on other land, that appears to be much less promising. Has anyone had offers to purchase the mineral rights on land, in Pawnee Co. that has no current production and is some distance from other producing wells.

I just noticed that Larry may have already answered my question. He has also observed that other wells have been drilled across section lines into adjacent sections.

I own some mineral rights in section 20-20N-07E, where New Gulf Resources has recently drilled one horizontal well and a disposal well. Just when I think I understand what is going on there I get a surprise. They recently began drilling another well from the same pad. The pad is located on the southeast corner of section 20. I understand that they have purchased 20 acres of surface rights where the pad sets. At first, I assumed that they were drilling an offset to the first well in the same section. However, when I examined the Corporation Commission application I discovered that it was being directionally drilled into section 21, just east of the pad located in section 20. I would assume that they could drill into any of 4 different sections from the same corner location. Is anyone aware of other cases where a single pad is used to directionally drill into multiple sections?

Curtis

i got to thinking about ‘why?’, and then found some confirmation for my guess.

the transition from vertical to horizontal bore hole has a distance of between 800-1000 feet of a curve in most of the OCC reports I’ve seen. If the rig is on an adjacent section there is more of the producing section’s formation being produced due to accessing the productive formation closer to the section boundries.

it’s still only a barely educated guess on my part, but it sounds logical.

Larry, I think your assumption. concerning the placement of drilling pads makes sense. Also, it would probably be convenient to have oil processing and storage facilities, for multiple sections, in a central location. I will continue to check on the progress of the drilling in an effort to determine if further offset wells are being drilled. NGR appears to be presently exploring the potential in sections adjacent to 20-20N-7E rather than drilling offset wells in the same section. If they plan to drill into 29-20N-7E, just S E of the drill pad, I should get early notification, since I own some mineral rights in this section also. Did anyone else notice the NGR press release concerning completion of a new well in the area? They report a oil production rate of over 400 BOPD. They don’t reveal the well location, just the well name. I would sure like to have a well like that on my property.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gulf-resources-llc-announces-results-…

Curtis

I copy pasted the ID in the article into the OCC site search and got nothing. But I found this which may be it?;

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/0302ABE8.pdf

just west of Jennings I think. and yes, nice well for not being one of the 2000 bopd i’ve read about north a couple counties. ;’ /

are they your lease holder? their advancements sound pretty promising.

Larry, this is really interesting since I also own some mineral rights in Section 25-20N-6E. It looks like NGR started drilling the Robinson #1-H about a month before they began drilling on my property in Section 20-20E-7N. It was interesting to note the claim, by NGR, that they completed the Robinson #1-H in only 15 days. They have spent a lot more time drilling the wells on my property. I noticed that 6 tall fiberglass tanks were now located near the well head there. A water hauling contractor, that I talked to, referred to them as “salt water tanks”. Most oil storage tanks seem to be of metal construction and are larger in diameter and not as tall. Based on the lack of these type tanks, on location, I assume that they have not begun any oil production.

thanx Curtis - not being there to drive around and see for myself leaves alot of questions unanswered. your pics addressed a curiosity.

it’s pretty off-topic to our interests, but saw today a new vertical hole into the Arbuckle near Oilton is flowing 240 bopd of sweet oil. nice

sounds promising no doubt. about those tanks, did they look like these?

those were put on site when they came back to frac the well. But weren’t connected to anything until they came back a couple weeks later to do this:

whatever that is…

this is 22N 04E s15 and their developing at least 2 other connecting sections along with it. I’ve been told by the cousin sending the pics that one colored tank is fiberglass and the other metal (i forget which) and guessing only 3 of them were for water. It sounds like that may be wrong though according to your guy.

The tanks at Section 20-20N-7E look like this.

This is a closer view before they were moved to the permanent location.