Pawnee County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

soo - being unable to come visit and see for myself what’s going on around Pawnee…

i’ve seen a ‘completion’ announcement by PetroQuest on 5/18 that said they produced 100mcfpd and 5bopd just east of Pawnee on 21N 5E sec2. I found a well pump at a fresh looking site north of hwy 64 on bing maps, but no tanks or visible pipeline valves. At this link http://www.drillingahead.com/USARigReport, a U.S. rig count report released on 5/18 I see PetroQuest has a rig ‘rigging down’ in Pawnee county.

My questions for any locals who may know are;

.is my research accurate/timely? - i have doubts on how up-to-date the bing map is. Was that site just very recently completed?

. Where did the rig go? - there’s a rig pad being prepared N.W. of town I hear, and it’s on a section i have some interest in -22N 4E sec15. I’m wondering where the rig went, if it if not to where I’m wanting it to go.

today’s drilling rig report shows the same 5 rigs in the county. 2 each for Highmount and PetroQuest. PetroQuest had 1 rig rigging down last week and it looks like that same one is rigging up this week. Highmount had 2 drilling last week, with 1 of em rigging down this week. Wonder where PetroQuest is rigging up and Highmount is going next…

(my useful link collection is growing, if anybody has one that would answer that - i’d sure like to have it)

rumor is 15 22N 04E has a rig rigging up.

i hear there’s a new pad being built at hwy 15 and road 3390 - which would be range 3E township 22N. The pic below this post is the rig rigging up and probably drilling by now on section 15 22N 04E.

In looking at the area via Bing maps, I see new wells on sections 14 and 13 of 22N 04E.

Looks like it’s all ramping up around Pawnee

Drilling has now begun on Sec. 20-20N-7E. The drill pad is located on the North West edge of Jennings and is only about 1/4 mile west of Highway 99. I drove to Jennings this afternoon and found the rig in full operation. I am really interested in this well since I own partial mineral rights on 240 acres of the 640 acres in the section. This appears to be the first new well near Jennings in a number of years. The well is being drilled by New Gulf Resources as a horizontal completion in the Mississippi Lime formation. The next few weeks should be really interesting.

Grats Curtis - good luck.

Looks kinda like there may be some focus on the Mississippean growing in the whole area.

Curtis. Thanx for the response. I agree it’s a useful link.

What I’m having trouble ‘getting’ though is how to translate such things as-Abunda 1-21H well at the Big River project in Pawnee County - onto those maps. I’m still catching up with the basics of this whole mineral owners perspective of the oil fields. It’s really pretty interesting (and such a nice diversion from the doom+gloom of our political fiascos).

You’ve said your property is near Jennings. I have some roots in that area, it falls within ‘old stomping grounds’ during the 70s for me. Hopefully the well being drilled is good enough to ignite interest in more wells for your property and that area.

I’ve noticed some here are able to translate well names into sec/township/range identifiers. I haven’t figured out how to do that yet. If somebody cares to coach me a little on that it would be appreciated. Here’s an article about Redfork completing a well in Pawnee county.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 by Bevis Yeo

Oklahoma focused Red Fork Energy (ASX: RFE) has completed reservoir stimulation operations at its Blair 1-24H well and has started flowing back frac fluids at 100 barrels per hour.
The Mississippi Lime oil and liquids well was the subject of 11 frac stages over the full length of its lateral.
Testing is continuing and further updates will be provided.
Meanwhile, production testing of the Abunda 1-21H well at the Big River project in Pawnee County, Oklahoma, is continuing.
Red Fork noted that while there are high fluid levels in the wellbore, some intermittent oil and gas is being produced and no peak flow rate has been reported as yet.
It added the peak rate will be reported once it has established that the fluid level has been sufficiently lowered to enable the well to unload…
Red Fork is also waiting to complete and production test its McMurtry 1-22H and McMurtry 1-21H wells.
Proactive Investors is a market leader in the investment news space, providing ASX “Small and Mid-cap” company news, research reports, StockTube videos and One2One Investor Forums.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/29728/red-fork-…

Larry, I found this website very helpful in figuring out sec/township/range identifiers. It is a map of Pawnee County and you can click on each township to get an enlarged map of each township showing individual sections. Each township has 36 section. They are arranged in a 6x6 grid and numbered right to left and top to bottom. I made a large map of the area by printing individual townships and using scotch tape to combine them into a larger map.

http://www.okgenweb.org/okprojects/pawnee/pawnee-matrix.html

Hi guys, according to the OCC abunda flowed at - 30 boepd. The company says it is still unloading, i don’ know what to believe. I am a shareholder in red fork.

Cheers.

Yes tahara is a 4,200 ft horizontal, abunda was a 3.200 ft horizontal.

This is an update on the well being drilled on Sec. 20-20N-7E, on the northwest edge of Jennings. I understand that the first well has been completed and that they are now drilling an injection well. I was told that after the injection well was completed an offset well would be started aimed horizontally in a northwest direction. It was really encouraging to see that two 500 bbl and two 400 bbl storage tanks had been delivered to the well site. Looks like they may have something there. Sure hope so since I own mineral interests in 240 acres of the section involved in the drilling program.

Hi curtis

Do you know what the well well name is, or who the operator is??

Cheers

Just found that well

Pawnee: New Gulf Resources LLC, Jones No. 1H-20 Well, NE/4 SE/4 SE/4 SE/4 (SL) of 20-20N-07E, TD 3,040 feet.

Its a horizontal well targeting the Mississippi formation.

Cheers

They state the TD is only 3040 feet

Comment by [Curtis Crowe](/profile/CurtisCrowe)just now           <a class="icon delete delete_link" rel="nofollow" title="Delete Comment">Delete Comment</a>

The TD on the Jones No. 1H-20 is only 3040 feet but this is only the vertical depth and does not include the horizontal length. Apparently some operators report the total length of the drilled hole as the TD. I notice that the well is being drilled from the SE corner of the section being developed. Is this the common practice? If so, would one expect additional drilling from the west side of the section? Should be interesting to watch and I plan to drive up and visit the site about every 2 weeks in order to keep track of what is going on

Curtis

grats! - interesting that the mississippi lime is at 3040 there, in 22N 4E it’s at 3600. Wonder if there’s a normal philosphy about depths…

we have one rig drilling now in the s/e corner and along the section line to the n/e corner. on another adjoining section the permit (different company) does the same from the n/w corner to the s/w corner.

In looking at production zones of the Eagle Ford it looks like the strategy may be to run parallel horizontal lines in wider spacing to each other and when a good area is found saturate it more with parallel holes. That would fit what i think i see (as a novice to all this) planned for my area of Pawnee county as well.

Again - grats! hoping to hear about tanks going in for us sometime soon too. they’ve been drilling about 22 days now.

Larry,

You should know something soon. I have read reports that it takes about 21 days to drill one of these Mississippi lime wells. This seems to correspond with what I have observed with the well near Jennings. The first indication that they had found commercial quantities of oil was the news that they were drilling an injection well. Wells completed in the Mississippi lime also produce a lot of water which must be disposed of. The final confirmation was the sight of the four new storage tanks that had been delivered to the well site. I was a little surprised that they would drill the disposal well before drilling the offset from the same pad.

Has anyone recently received unsolicited offers to purchase mineral rights in Pawnee County? Until this week I had received no offers. However, this week I seem to find an offer in my mail box about every day wanting to purchase my mineral rights in 20-20N-07E. The last offer was for $1,000/acre. It appears that information has leaked out about drilling results on this property. I have no intention of selling but the sudden interest has really made me curious about what they have found, especially since I have received no offers on the 3 other near by properties that I own mineral rights in. It makes me wonder if the offers might be from companies representing the well operator.

1 Like

hi curtis - drought here, so hanging out on the web too much…

we’ve been getting those offers for a couple years, with the amount rising throughout. The latest about 6 weeks ago - about 3 weeks before our 1st hole in this horizontal play.

somehow it seems a little offensive to receive one just after your 1st hole was completed… the audacity