Pawnee County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

got a call from up there this morning saying something’s going into the tanks on 22n 04e 15

Hey Larry, My exact feelings on Pawnee County oil prospecting! Where did you find that???

;~}

any updates on sec 12 20 N 6E and 7E? waaayyy too much excitement to be happening over a thousand miles away! Google maps doesnt help much even when you figure out how to find those places (and I did spend hours trying)! any REAL eyes over there?

Vicky, I was in the area last Wednesday to check the status of drilling on my property at 20-20E-7N and later drove up to see if I could find the Robinson #1H-1 located at 01-20N-6E. This well is located on the section just north of you. I located the Robinson #1H-1 but did not see any drilling activity south of it. I was a bit surprised that only a single well had been drilled from that pad given the published production rates from the well. However, about a mile east of the Robinson well there was a new pad being prepared. West of the Robinson well, in the distance, I saw another drilling rig. Seems to be a lot of drilling activity north of the road going west out of Hallet

I own mineral rights in Section 25-20N-07E The first well was drilled on the SE corner of the section, back in June, and an additional well was drilled toward the east into the adjoining section. Two weeks ago, when I last checked, they were preparing to install production equipment for the two wells. I own about 40 acres of the mineral rights in 25-20N-7E. I understand that production from each 640 acre section is pooled but have wondered how they account for production from multiple sections from the same pad. Do they actually separate the production facilities or do they have a way to account for the different sources. I think I will drive up next week and take another look to see how the facilities are set up. As of two weeks ago the wells had not yet been fraced so there is no word about production potential.

Vicky: I’m a mineral owner in Sec 12-20-6 as well. They started drilling the well about Sept 4 and should be done any day now. It is being drilled in the SW corner of Sec 1, 1 mile west of Robinson #1H-1. I think it is called Pruitt #12H-1. They drilled in Section 1 and crossed the road to the south to get into Section 12 because that was the best starting location. Today I received a copy of the approved emergency order. If you had read it carefully you would have noticed the emergency request was based on the cost they would incur to wait on the normal approval process. OK is an oil friendly state and the order was granted to avoid unnecessary cost. After drilling they have to hydraulic fracture the well, it may be the end of the year before they can get a contractor in to do the fracturing. Then it will be a few weeks of testing to determine whether they have anything worth producing. Don’t expect a check before March. They have too many locations and too few drill rigs so don’t expect another well on this section until the field gets developed, probably several years. Then they will go back and indrill close to the best wells they found, may or may not be ours.

Thank you Andy. I am not sure how horizontal drilling works, nor how many sections they have to drill across. Sept 4th was about the date that the request to drill horiz would be heard… I havent gotten a copy of any court outcomes yet, but they have to mail them to a LOT of people! As I understand it, when you drill horizontally, all sections crossed get a “cut” of the oil royalties, since there is now way to “prove” whose property the production is coming from …? Anyway, I never count my chickens before they hatch, so It will be a nice suprise no matter when/where a check ever lands in my hands.

They will account for production from each well, and any one well will not be completed in more than one pool. Each well, even if there is only one mineral owner and one production owner will be produced separately. It is important to know how a well is performing so it can be managed for maximum produciton. If the wells haven’t been fracked yet the equipment is probably related to fracking. Horizontal wells are a real high tech operation and oil drilling and production gets lots of regulation. These wells have too be drilled 3,000 feet down and then turned for 4,000 feet horizontally into the middle of a formation which may be only 20 or 30 feet thick. And you can never really see what is happening downhole. This technology will make America energy independent in short order and just was not possible a few years ago, and is still being developed. Just as I’m sure there is a lot more to your industry than meets the eye, same thing iwth the oil industry.

It is pooling and spacing. In the Mississippi lime in eastern Pawnee County they are going to 640 acre spacing, one section (four quarters of 160 a each). If you own the minerals for 160 acres you would own 1/4 of the well drilled on 640 acre spacing. You are right all production is pooled so it doesn’t matter under which part the oil comes from.

In this case where they are drilling from off the section, they will be paying damages to the landowner in Section 1 but they will not get any royalties. The downhole casing pipe is perforated (openings made in it) so they will only perforate under Section 12, not Section 1.

At $90/bbl, 1 acre of royalty should pay $300 per month if the well is producing 400 bbl per month.

Just went out to the well site on 1-20n-6e being drilled south to Section 12. The well is drilled! The rig is being dismantled to move 1-1/2 miles east.

Who is drilling? And who are the landmen? I own a very small portion of sec 6, 20N, 6E. I have yet to be contacted regarding a lease… Can someone please provide me with this information? Thank you!

was just looking at last Friday’s rig report and see Roger Mills county has 20 and Grant county has 19 - Woods has 14. Pawnee county has 4.

IMO - they need to learn to share ;’ /

The Hallet area has a new spud report at OCC - and a completion report for the disposal well.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD07320.pdf

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/0303DA4A.pdf

Vicky

It’s beginning to drill a new hole. (spudding a hole) Although they’re not very timely, apparently there’s a requirement to file a report documenting when drilling began.

what is a spud?

Does anyone have contact information for MDS Minerals? It’d be much appreciated. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Never heard of MDS Minerals.

The well for Sec 12-20N-6E now has a pulling unit on it, maybe they are getting ready to frack!

completion reports in the Oklahoman newspaper posted yesterday;

Pawnee: Cummings Oil Co.; Bryant No. 1H-14 Well; SE1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 SW1/4 (SL) of 14-22N-04E; 380 barrels oil per day, 143,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 7,815.

Pawnee: Territory Resources LLC; Osburn No. 1-26 Well; SW1/4 NW1/4 SE1/4 NE1/4 of 26-23N-03E; 18 barrels oil per day, 50,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 4,140.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oil-and-gas-livestock-prices-for-oct.-20/article/…

so folks, what has happened to the activity near Pawnee? It did seem to be ramping up but now looks like there’s nobody drilling around there. Cummings OIl appears to have drilled one hole on several sections of 22N 4E and let the rig go. Only one production report has been posted and it was pretty good. Highmount has delayed drilling their sections around there too.