Oil Gas Taxes

I am so confused about my mineral and gas leases now. What is the best resource? I would LOVE to hire an attorney, but just not sure it is worth it? Getting very frustrated and paying taxes to Tyler county as well. I am grateful for royalties, but very little coming in vs paying the tax. It’s like giving it all back. Seriously thinking about giving up and just selling my interests.

1 Like

Are you paying the taxes for all of the interests and for all those who own an interest? If so, unless you get your interests separated, you will need to ask those people to help pay the taxes.

Debra,

I strongly recommend hiring an Attorney to assist you and equally suggest you do not sell. You have a significant asset in minerals that have the potential to pay out for 20 years or more.

The market is down and whatever price you are able to get for selling would be pennies on the dollar. Most (Not All) of the companies that are actively buying, give a good name to Used Car Salesmen. Trust me, if the minerals were not valuable, they would not be wanting to buy them.

There are some good Attorneys you can trust, Nancy has a few that she recommends.

Please hold on to your minerals if at all possible.

Cheers

1 Like

Debra,

You are able to contest property taxes to the county. You must do it at a certain time of the year. I would highly suggest having a competent professional review your royalty statements and taxes to ensure that you are not being overcharged. WV_Mineral_Owner is correct that this is a rough time.

Feel free to ask any questions that you have. I am happy to help as best as I can.

Rachel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.