Oil and gas mineral interest

My family received a phone call and letter about oil and gas mineral interest we inherited. It is located in Mannington District of Marion County, West Virginia. I have been on the internet looking at the area and it does not look like there is any activity in this area but some all around it. Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Activity comes and goes. The question usually boils down to potential for activity. There are some horizontal wells in the district and rigs running to the West and North. Problem with WV and tri-state border area is the topography. Leveling hills and moving water from rivers up to pads is expensive and so there must be an incentive to drill certain locations due to cost/benefit. There are a ton of vertical (historic) wells in the district so its not like there might not be horizontal wells drilled in the future. Depending on the Operators that own much of the lease hold they could be cycling investment dollars elsewhere.

Horizontal Wells/Rigs/Permits

Vertical & Horizontal Wells

Thank you so much for the information. They have made us an offer to sell but I think we will just hold on for a while and do some more looking in to this.

Np. Looks like a decent spot to be in might just take some time to get additional activity with many companies focusing on their core acreage at this point in time.

Hi Rhutch5,

My family also owns mineral interest in Mannington District, Marion County. Can you please share which company has reached out to you? Thank you. It’s rare to see posts from WV.

Country Road Mineral is the place.

Any updates on Marion County, Mannington District?

You can try Nick Criado at Appalchian Minerals (724.209.8487) as they’ve done some research for me

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.