Offer from Mountain View Minerals

My siblings and I own mineral rights on property located in Doddridge County, West Union. My sister received a letter from Mountain View Minerals of Morgantown, WV. The letter states “We would love to speak to you about your mineral interests. We need to look into your Lease information to finalize the offer, but here is the range we are looking at as an offer: (based on net mineral acres owned): $210,000 to $486,000, depending upon the current market and what the current lease information is, lease clauses, and addendums.”

They also list reasons we might want to sell (marketing stuff, like improving lifestyle, paying debts, retirement home, etc).

Has anyone done business with, or heard of them? the letter looks suspicious. We are not motivated to sell … but really … No one wants to buy something to receive nothing … Thanks to anyone that can provide feedback.

1 Like

Newer group to the basin, out of MD. Probably associated with another company that has been in the basin for a while.

There are a number of buyers in the area but only a few true end buyers. I am not sure if they are allowed to be mentioned on the forum in posts.

If you should decide to sell, demand proof of funds, shop around, & and generally cut their proposed DD period in half.

1 Like

Robin, They are a reputable company, my cousin dealt with them and they were very helpful.

Actually I know one guy who sold to them and they helped him out a lot as his check was lost, and they were very responsive sending him a new check.

At the end of the day, I think the best way to judge these companies is to see how responsive they are. Do they pick up your calls? Do they respond to emails? Do they explain things to you?

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies. My sister did call them back, and the contact person in the letter was friendly and helpful. The letters were sent to family members at wrong addresses, and to one that was deceased (and was not a mineral rights owner). Some of the info in the letter was inaccurate. He explained what he believed happened. We aren’t interested in selling, but this was a learning experience for sure.

1 Like