NY Drilling update

3 Yrs wait and no end in sight as the state goverment cries about money and cuts people we wait while the DEC finishs it’s sgies report updates, but with new Governor in office he has placed anti drilling people in several key offices…we are hopeing something breaks but it looks more and more like nothing happen until after the EPA starts and finish it’s study2013maybe who knows …but here we sit in NY our rights as landowners being stomped ,but yet we expected to pay our taxes (and the quickly have figured out how to steal the mineral rights if you do not pay them.)

PLEASE FOLKS!! I understand the excitement of your possible windfall of "found money" and I realize all the freedoms and possibilities that may be provided to you by these, but before you make YOUR decision please watch the documentary "Gas Land"..…

Thank You

If fracking could do all of the damage the anti-fracking people say, I'd be against it, too. But few if any of those who rail loudly against fracking have any idea what it is or how it works. They are like fundamentalist followers of a religion, who refuse to entertain any facts that might conflict with their belief system. Check out the claims in Gasland and then follow up and see how much of that film is accurate. And ask yourself why the opponents of fracking are so afraid to allow the other side to be told. For example, why did anti-fracking hecklers at Harvard drive Chesapeake's Aubrey McClendon off the stage and refuse to allow him to speak? He had agreed to come there and answer questions, but the crowd wouldn't let him. Isn't free discussion of ideas the best way to discern the truth? I guess not at Harvard, or many among environmentalist extremists.

Fracking has been used for more than 50 years. More than a million wells have been fracked in the US. Thousands of horizontal wells have been fracked in the US. There have been few credible reports of significant damage or injury caused by fracking. There have been, however, hundreds or thousands of false rumors started. Before you are swayed by hyper-emotional rantings, look into the facts. And the science. Learn what fracking actually is. Talk to an engineer, a geologist, a scientist of some kind. (And keep in mind, too, that the coal industry would love to see natural gas drilling stopped, as the decreased availability and use of natural gas means the increased use of coal. Have the environmentalists thought of that?)

The government does need to regulate fracking to protect against the few incompetent or shady operators that exist. All states have such regulation. If a state's regulatory oversight isn't good enough, it needs to improve. But what shall we do -- wait decades for solar and wind and other alternative energies to become economical and feasible? In the meantime, do we return to a pre-modern lifestyle? Some of the anti-frackers might be willing to do so. Most of us, I think, are not. Or perhaps we just use more coal. That will help the environment.

Hello Brian, I pretty much agree with everything you said, truth and education will lead to a much better outcome for all involved, the one thing that concerns me is the millions of wells that have all ready been fracked and the chemicals that are left in the ground in the process…maybe I worry to much… have a great day

Brian Stanley said:

If fracking could do all of the damage the anti-fracking people say, I'd be against it, too. But few if any of those who rail loudly against fracking have any idea what it is or how it works. They are like fundamentalist followers of a religion, who refuse to entertain any facts that might conflict with their belief system. Check out the claims in Gasland and then follow up and see how much of that film is accurate. And ask yourself why the opponents of fracking are so afraid to allow the other side to be told. For example, why did anti-fracking hecklers at Harvard drive Chesapeake's Aubrey McClendon off the stage and refuse to allow him to speak? He had agreed to come there and answer questions, but the crowd wouldn't let him. Isn't free discussion of ideas the best way to discern the truth? I guess not at Harvard, or many among environmentalist extremists.

Fracking has been used for more than 50 years. More than a million wells have been fracked in the US. Thousands of horizontal wells have been fracked in the US. There have been few credible reports of significant damage or injury caused by fracking. There have been, however, hundreds or thousands of false rumors started. Before you are swayed by hyper-emotional rantings, look into the facts. And the science. Learn what fracking actually is. Talk to an engineer, a geologist, a scientist of some kind. (And keep in mind, too, that the coal industry would love to see natural gas drilling stopped, as the decreased availability and use of natural gas means the increased use of coal. Have the environmentalists thought of that?)

The government does need to regulate fracking to protect against the few incompetent or shady operators that exist. All states have such regulation. If a state's regulatory oversight isn't good enough, it needs to improve. But what shall we do -- wait decades for solar and wind and other alternative energies to become economical and feasible? In the meantime, do we return to a pre-modern lifestyle? Some of the anti-frackers might be willing to do so. Most of us, I think, are not. Or perhaps we just use more coal. That will help the environment.

Steve, I appreciate your kind reply. I apologize if my post was a bit harsh. I’ve been hearing lots of nonsensical accusations lately, and I’m afraid I took my frustrations out on you. I don’t think you worry too much. If I were you, I might have the same opinion. I just want this issue to be settled on the facts, on the science, not on rumors and accusations. I see that you have the same opinion. Thanks for the comment.