Noble County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hey Virginia—Thanks for responding so quickly—Of course, I want $1 million/month—Is that asking too much? lol!—Anyway, thank you for your information. At first, I thought it might only be a pie in the sky just to hope for a nat gas well. Maybe oil too? I got bills to pay!----lol!

Yes—you’re right, I signed a lease last year. I received a letter from some guy wanting to buy the lease. Frankly, it looked like some sort of a scammer. I didn’t respond. What I want to know is how can someone find out before they start drilling? What are the indications? As an example, if the land owner has stopped farming, or if the land adjacent has activity? How does someone find this out?

Here’s what I want. I want a map of drilling activity in a given area. Or—I want to see if someone is seeing activity on land adjacent. Or I’d like to see a data base of anything. Or—we can make this really simple. I enter my section number into google and anything posted on the net comes up—like oil company activity, or maps. But I don’t see much you know?—maybe the land is going to be a pile of weeds forever?—I hope not.

Hi Jake

The wells around your area are normally %80crude oil %20 liquids rich gas. Red fork is currently drilling about 5 wells along - the 20n township, across ranges 2W,1W and 1E - just below your acreage actually. The recent well Blair 1-24h flowed at 331 boepd (barrels of equivalent per day) this well is located at - Sec 24 Twp 20N Rge 1E County NOBLE. The other wells they have drilled in this area, namely McMurty have shown similar characteristics to Blair while drilling the lateral, with significant oil shows throughout the length of the lateral. It appears you have some prime acreage there!!! Can i ask who you leased with?? i would expect expect red fork given the close proximity to there existing leases but just curious. If you have leased with red fork then in my opinion you would have a well drilled on or around you land within a year due to the amount of pipeline infrastructure they have installed there and also because this area appears to be very productive.

Cheers

Wow—I really appreciate the responses from Virginia and Dylan. Thank You!

Virginia-- I went to that site, entered all the right info according to a post on this site in another forum, and it returned no permits. But I’ll keep at it! and thanks again. Thanks also, for educating me on maps.

I’ll go to that registry site too, thanks.

I leased with a “Professional Minerals Management company” named Barton Land in Duncan, OK. I do not know if any oil company is interested yet. Also, I had no idea drilling is more likely in winter—I thought the cold would hamper operations in some way, but after thinking about it, “earth” is roughly 58 degrees year round once you penetrate the first few feet, so winter cold above ground shouldn’t hamper any operation except that maybe the workers might need to drink more coffee when it gets colder.

Dylan—You made my day! Thankyou! As I told Virginia, Barton Land is my only “involvement” so far as I’ve only signed a lease. Regarding “where” the section is, I have a number, but i couldn’t tell you where this is in Noble County to save my life!. I know it’s in the “Northern Part”, but that’s it. When I asked for maps, that’s the first thing I’d like to do—be able to go to a site showing all of Noble county, and be able to zoom into it where all sections are marked. I’d also like to be able to see well locations over-layed even if the map is 2 years old just to see what has been happening. I feel that I’m in the dark too much about this. So, you must have this map or you couldn’t tell me all this info. I appreciate this.

You mentioned numbers like 1-24 and Section 24 Twp 20N Rge 1E. The only numbers (I have rights to 2 different sections), are Section 24 21N -1E, (Sometimes, I see this number written as “Sec 24 Township 21N 01E”) AND Sec 13 21N 01E.

When you said, I have some prime acreage—that’s when I jumped up and down!—Thanks!

So—my questions are: Why is a land consultant involved at all, and why don’t I know who the oil company is?—Maybe this is normal because no oil company, yet has explored and permitted–I think I just answered my own question?

Second: Would a company like Redfork notify me of their intentions to drill and do I have anything to do with Barton Land anymore?

Thanks again to you both for taking time to respond! I notice Nat gas prices are still climbing! —$2.91 last time I looked! oil is coming back too!

Kaye,

Happy Fourth of July.

Oil business is like Las Vegas. If the oil company or Oil people own the minerals, they always get a good well. I’ve even caught oil tanker picking up oil at my tanks, but never was recorded on my minerals. Now where oh where could it have gone???

Google maps can say 2012 but I know images of locations that are as old as 2007 show up as “2012” maps of Google all the time. That wasn’t what I was concerned about. I just wanted to know if anything had happened within my lifetime near my property of interest.

Also, I share your pessimism about big companies, whether they be banks or oil, they are very good at lying about everything. Yet, you didn’t sell your mineral rights. It means that even though you know you’re getting scammed, you still think it’s better to deal with their dishonesty. But—what can you do? --Sell mineral rights? --Who knows? It seems if someone wants to buy them, they have it in mind they’re getting the better deal. Why would I want to give that up? It’s a crap shoot always.

To answer your question—I only own the mineral rights. Does that mean I’ll automatically get scammed out of all my royalties?— Maybe!— I just hope I live long enough to see some activity.

So, now that you’ve all seen a flurry of posting activity from Jake in a couple of days, what do we talk about now?

Jake,

You aren’t getting scammed because you don’t own the surface. And I didn’t mean that all companies are crooks. I just know that I have had some companies that I paid a private detective to catch them stealing my oil and they quickly shut my well down. I hope you get a big well real soon.

Virginia, thanks for the insight. I somehow figured you were referring to oil company honesty/dishonesty. Thanks for clearing this up for me. My father was told never to sell his land, but he did. Even though he retained the mineral rights, he never got anything. Now that I’ve inherited them, I never thought about what it might be like to own the surface as well. Maybe it’s a headache I don’t want! Happy 4th!

Nancy Nothing in 34 I could find. They have filed for Pooling orders for horizontal wells in sections 4,5,8,9,11,12,16,17,& 21.

Hello All! I’m Your Newest Member. I own mineral rights in Noble County. I noticed a question from “Deborah” asking about a cash offer in her section. This may be near my section. 21N-1E. I too, have received a cash offer. I was wondering if activity is heating up as I notice Nat gas futures are around 2.80. Maybe there is good reason offers are surfacing these days. I am new and don’t know much, but I’m willing to learn. I’d like to know what I should expect now that I’ve signed a lease. All I’ve received is a lease signing bonus. Do I next get notified by some oil company?—Like a division order?..It seems they keep you in the dark. I’m not even sure how to get educated about this.

Any help is appreciated.

Jake,

Sounds like you just signed a lease. That doesn’t mean you will get a well or that they will even drill on you. If they drill and you get a well, they have 6 months before you get a check and usually the Division Order will be a few weeks before the 1st check.

I don’t know if they are drilling in that area as I live in TX, but I have land near that area and I know several oil companies are getting horizonal space around that area. You may get a letter from OCC stating a spacing order hearing for maybe 640 Acres. Then you will get a second letter stating the spacing. This has to be done before anyone can drill and then it take a few more months before they start drilling. So, don’t spent the check yet.

Jake,

You can go to Oklahoma Corporation Commission web site and look under New wells. This isn’t the easiest site to use. It would show if any drilling permits have been issued. You will get a copy of the drilling permit once a well is about to be drilled on your property if you own the surface and minerals. Not sure if you don’t own the surface. Also, if you know your neighbors, give them a call and ask if they see any rigs drilling.

Their are several good site, but most of them cost money. One site you may want to look at is “Oklahoma Mineral Owner Registry” I forget what it cost, but it’s one of the cheaper site and it’s real helpful till you figure out how everything works in the oil/gas business.

As far as map goes, they are never up to date unless you pay a lot of money.

Did you lease to Red Fork or Sand Ridge? They are doing lots of drilling the that area. Usually most of the drilling is done in cooler weather or winter time, but nowadays they do lots of different things. Good Luck.

Also, you may want to go to Logan Co, which is just south of Noble and read some of that information. It’s a real active co., with lots of good information

Dylan and Virginia–I now know where my sections are and have recently used Google earth to see exactly what it looks like. Thanks for helping me with section maps etc. I used this site: http://www.okgenweb.org/okprojects/noble/noble-matrix.html and pinpointed the section. I then used Google earth and looked at the property–Thanks.

Using Google Earth I searched the sections you mentioned. Who knows how old Google earth maps are, but In 20N (2W). I found an oil rig near Section 27 20N-2W!—Interesting! I also found what looks like oil staging areas in Section 24 and 25 of 20N-1E Of course, I could just be seeing ghosts --who knows.

Virginia I had to call OCC and have them walk me through it, and then my son had to help me. Is there something you need now? I can try to walk you through it but you would have to call me. Let me know.

Jake,

I think your minerals are next to Payne Co,

The 24-20N-1E should be about 7 M. South of Hiway 64 and 10 1/2 Miles east of I-35. Your other minerals would be across the road on the north side.

You can purchases a map at the assessor office in Perry that will show you were your land is. It’s not very expensive. One map just show the legals and the other map show who owns the surface & legals.

From what I see on all the co clerk filing, it looks like Red Fork is your company. Barton Land is only your landman whom gives you an offer to get you to sign a lease. They check ownership, find the people who own the minerals and may do title search or may not do the title search. Once you sign the lease, it usually takes 4 weeks while they check the title then you get a check. They are out of the picture then.

Now the company that has the lease like Red Fork decide if they want to drill a well and if so, where they will put it. At that point, they have to get spacing at OCC, then drilling permits, etc. A lot of work goes into it before the well is drilled. Lots of people have leased several times and never got a well. Also, most people don’t get rich over night. If you have 160 a and the well is spaced on 640, you would only get 1/4 of whatever % you signed up for. Lets say you signed a 3/16 lease. They drill a well that makes 40 barrels a day, you would only get 1.87 barrels of oil or 684 per year at $90 = $61,593 minus a lot of taxes. Also, the wells may make a lot the first few months and then drop off. Some sands last 5 years others may last 30 years. It’s kind of like going to Las Vegas, you may win, but you may get nothing also.

Jake,

Go to the bottom left side of Google earth and it will tell you when the map was made. Glad you were able to find you property.

Do you still own the surface or just the mineral?

Deborah Hagg Nothing in 18, but they are filing for horiz. wells in section 4,9,10,11,12,16,15,23 28,36, and 13 next to you has a well just drilled. They are also getting ready to drill several in 21n-03w. Now is not the time to sale & I would be in no hurry to lease. These Horizontal well are a new ball game. Devon is filing in Noble Co. for Horiz. also

Virginia Do you want to know were I get the pooling info., if so try this http://www.occ.state.ok.us/ it is hard to get started but has a lot of info. They space first then pool. Let me know what you need.

thanks for the info again virginia!

Ron,

Where is the pooling information on OCC site? Is it under new wells?

Thanks for all the information. I know that some of my property has been spaced, but several of them have not. I think they are drilling almost everything up like they did back in the 1930.

They may change the name and not the # I see some that change the # not the name . The spud report shows one in se/4 & one in ne/4.