Noble County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Tell them you are going to wait for production info on the wells in the two sections south of you 16 and 21.

They are filing the paper work to drill 7,8,9 and many other sections in 20n-1e

Thanks Ron. Can you explain any further what you mean? For example, what does production in another section have to do with activity in mine?

What else do you have to look at then what is going on around you ? What do you think M.R.B. is looking at ? Why do they want to buy it ? Oil Co.s are filing the paper work for wells in 29 of the 36 sections in 20n-1e .

Has anyone had any issues with Magnolia Petroleum? I signed a lease with them back in December and still have not been paid. I have contacted them over and over with no avail. Hoping someone can help me

Permits:

Noble: Devon Energy Production Co. LP; Sullins 1-21N-1E No. 1MH Well; N1/2 N1/2 NE1/4 NE1/4 (BHL) of 01-21N-01E; TD 9,053.

Devon Energy Production Co. LP; Sullins 12-21N-1E No. 1MH Well; S1/2 S1/2 SE1/4 SE1/4 (BHL) of 12-21N-01E; TD 9,891.

Devon Energy Production Co. LP; Sullins 6-21N-2E No. 1MH Well; NW1/4 SW1/4 SW1/4 SW1/4 (SL) of 06-21N-02E; TD 9,311.

Mineral Joe

that’s my guess as well. Rigs are hard to come by. - when energy independence discussions turn to opening up federal lands for drilling I often take exception to that’s what’s needed. 1st- because private lands will undoubtedly spark the economy in the correct manner and have plenty available but 2nd because the 1st thing needed is more rigs.

I’m like Virginia though, monitoring Oklahoma’s activity from Texas. Seeing more wild-fires in yesterday’s news and Virginia’s recent point made of mostly dry ponds makes me think there’s not enough water, especially at a reasonable price. I’d suspect there’s a varying combination of not enough rigs, not enough water, not enough electricity and waiting on pipelines.

Any clarifications I should have are appreciated.

Larry

Cynthia,

I personally think it’s a good way to let you lease go for a cheap price.

What most of these company do is lease your land for a couple hundred hoping to sell it to another company for $400 to $500. I have not dealt with MOM, but that is the way most of this works.

If you can, I would wait till they start drilling near your land and you will get several offer at that time. With the shortage of water, things have slowed down a little, but once the ponds fill again, it will come back unless the price of oil/gas drops again.

Cynthia,

what section, township and range? There is probably production in that section and all the operators skipped leasing it because of that, I have several like that. Blake with Mineral Owner Mart is a good person and that’s a good site to list with, the only trouble is if an operator is interested they will contact you and not look on web sites for what’s open. They have all stopped leasing in the counties from what I hear and all you see is remaining hold outs or picking up pieces, extension and such.

Mineral Joe,

Can you tell us why they have quit leasing in Noble Co? Do the companies think they have all the minerals that have production or just what they have time to drill? I have a couple hundred acres that they wanted to extend, but their extension time was out and they didn’t want to pay the going rate. Yet, they are getting good wells all around me. I think lot of this has to do with not enough water in the area. What is your take on this?

Does anyone know anything about a website called “Mineral Owner Mart?” I’m thinking about placing an ad on the website, in order to get a landman interested in leasing my mineral rights.

Mineral Joe,

I sent you a friend request along with a private message.

They have so much leased to drill and have already leased everything in their target area. Most everything is leased that doesn’t have a producing well in the section even if those wells are only holding 160 acres. Probably the most profound is their budget they have set. I think water has nothing to do with it and as far as good wells around you, is that ongoing production figures or calculated IP flow rate? A lot of these wells look good on an initial production rate but will not allow for a well that will pay for itself, production rates are very small even in the first few months of the life of the well, a well may IP at 400 bopd and only produce 16 bopd in the first full month of production.

Larry,

Where were the wild fires? I have several hay meadows that are still short. Last fall their seemed to be a fire daily. I was hoping we would get some rain and it would help with this.

Virginia

the fires I read about were near Terlton (500+acres) and Cleveland - in Pawnee county, and in a park in Ponca City.

Check this out.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/03/14/4689707/ed-bass-other-plain…

Larry,

CKP isn’t to big to fail. They just haven’t done anyone as big as the Bass dirt yet. So far, they have been getting by with their dirty payment plan.

thanx Virginia

nice little shell game, eh? More evidence that ‘too big to fail’ is assbackwards in nature.

I have seen intent to drill notices in the last couple weeks for several sections in Noble County township 20n-1e. Are there any local folks here that have seen new activity in sections 8 or 9?