New to leasing

We've been contacted by Artero in regards to leasing the mineral rights on 28 acres that my Great Grandfather left to us. We knew nothing about it until just recently. Artero is in the heir gathering part of the deal and have offered 12.5% royalty and about $1200 an acre lease. I now know this is low. I'd like to ask what we should be aware of as we start through this process. I have been advised by a relative back there not to give them any rights to the Utica formation, only the Marcellus. Since we're all in WA and ID it's most likely we will turn it over to a lawyer as the contracts start coming in. Thanks

Diane, I have signed several leases with Antero dating back to early 2011. I have not had any problems with them at all. 12.5% is now low and I would ask for more, the 1200 an acre is also low. What District in Doddridge is your property located, that may have some bearing on price per acre, wet gas vs dry, although Antero is concentrating on WET GAS. I believe talking with a Lawyer is a very good idea since this is your first time around.

Arnold

Kyle Nuttall who posts on this website is a very good attorney in the next county over from Doddridge. Besides the % and the bonus money, there are many things in the lease that are important. I learned the hard way to involve an attorney familiar with the subject and the area in working with a lease.

Thank you, I've been following his posts.

Nancy Mosley said:

Kyle Nuttall who posts on this website is a very good attorney in the next county over from Doddridge. Besides the % and the bonus money, there are many things in the lease that are important. I learned the hard way to involve an attorney familiar with the subject and the area in working with a lease.

Well I'm not sure at all what district but it'a 30 miles from Bridgeport....where ever that is. I need to go access a map.

Arnold L Stuart said:

Diane, I have signed several leases with Antero dating back to early 2011. I have not had any problems with them at all. 12.5% is now low and I would ask for more, the 1200 an acre is also low. What District in Doddridge is your property located, that may have some bearing on price per acre, wet gas vs dry, although Antero is concentrating on WET GAS. I believe talking with a Lawyer is a very good idea since this is your first time around.

Arnold

I believe his holdings were in the Avon area.

Diane Hinchliff Hesse said:

Well I'm not sure at all what district but it'a 30 miles from Bridgeport....where ever that is. I need to go access a map.

Arnold L Stuart said:

Arnold

Hello Diane,

I know Doddridge County my family has lived in and around the Doddridge County for over 100 years.

Yes you need to consult with a good lawyer, I can recommend William Leon, out of Morgantown West Virginia, his published office number is 301-554-3880, Morgantown is only 30 miles from the county seat of Doddridge, which is the city of West Union.

Regards

Eleanor

We to as a family are looking for a good lawyer because we was just sent paper work to sign and send back to

Antero Resources giving them the right to drill on land that we didn't know we had mineral rights to (219 acres) and we have no clue about this stuff, can anyone else recommend any other layers here? name and phone #

My group of heirs has decided to go with Kyle Nuttall. He has many posts on this website.

do you have a # for him?

It's 304-997-2626

thank you..I'm calling now

Good luck! Please take the time to do some research on this site as well. Information is golden!