Need Help Locating Info on Possible Well

I am looking for information on a well that may have been permitted and drilling may have started. Minerals are located in Section 6, 8N 4W in McClain County. There was a lease on the minerals that expired on 4/6/18. There was a two year extension clause, but bonus payment was never received. One company that wanted to lease the rights says a permit has been filed, but I have no idea how to look that up. It is my understanding the well may be located in another section. This section borders Grady County, so I guess its possible the surface location could be there. Is there anyway to look up the location of the minerals instead of the surface location of the well?

Yes, there is a permit for the Dufort 0631 1H well. It was filed on May 10, 2018. The surface location is in 31-9N-4W. EOG is the operator. rpt_ITD_Permit

The well started drilling on June 14, 2018 http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD7DC58.pdf

Look at your lease terms regarding the commencement of a well. If your lease has ambiguous terms about preparation of the land or equipment on site, then you may not be open to lease since they may have started the site work back in April. If you have a clear commencement of drilling that says a rig must be on location and drilling, then you may be open to lease. Best clarify since the well appears to have already started. There is a pooling scheduled, so look for your name on it. 201806113 is the case number and has EOG’s address in it. http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles/occ30114087.pdf

You should have gotten mailings for all the pertinent cases. If not, check into the respondents lists for the following: 201803087, 201803083, 201803089, 201806113 at the OCC OAP site. OAP

Again not to quibble with the advice given, isn’t this in the realm of legal advice? Is the issue of whether the lease is clear or ambiguous a question best addressed by an attorney with oil and gas experience?

Just ask’n.

Just suggesting that folks read what they have signed or about to sign and look at what the clauses say. I very carefully used the word “may” for each possibility. Not giving legal advice, just making common sense suggestions based on years of reading and negotiating leases and trying to protect the rights of our family.

2 Likes

Have you contacted the first leasing company and ask them if they believe that the lease is still in effect and to describe any operations they have taken under the lease?

Sorry to just jump in, but have not figured out how to navigate this new forum website. So going to throw out my questions and if some can help great! We have mineral interests in sec 31 n6 w4. We have received division paperwork from Casillas drilling ,our lease is with Continental. The drilling originates in Grady county sec 36. We cannot find any info on the well…Dogfish1-31 . Question is should we have been notified by anyone at Continental and if not ,when our lease is up next year are we tied up if wells are producing?Any and all input appreciated…especially on well !

Mary

unfortunately not that impressive of a well. it was completed in January 2018, well history, production records, and completion summary below:,

Effective Date Operator Activity
03-02-2018 Well Test
02-01-2018 CASILLAS OPERATING LLC Production
01-25-2018 CASILLAS OPERATING LLC Production
01-25-2018 CASILLAS OPERATING Completion
10-20-2017 CASILLAS OPERATING Spud
08-28-2017 CASILLAS OPERATING Permit

Test Date 03-02-2018 GOR:1,098 Oil VOl:82 bbl Gs Vol: 90 Mcf Water Vol: 287

Thank you so much for the reply, truly appreciated!

no problem. BTW - there maybe 2 wells…it looks like there are 2 dogfish the 1-31-30 MXH and the 1-13-30 MXHR…I thought the 2nd was a replacement/amended permit, but the search of the the OTC production records has 2 wells listed. Not sure what to make of it…let me dig a little deeper and see what I can figure out. maybe a type or duplicate record.

https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/index.php

No. PUN LeaseName WellName/Number PUN Status
1 08722289000000 DOGFISH 1-31-30 MXH Active
2 05122289100000 DOGFISH 1-31-30 MXHR Active
PUN #: 087-222890-0-0000 Legal Description: -AL-31-06N-04W
Lease Name: DOGFISH API: 051-24185
Well Name/Number: 1-31-30 MXH County Name: McClain
Well Classification: Oil County Percent: 100.0000%

Production Year Production Month Product Code Gross Volume Reporting Company Company Number 2018 May 5 2014 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304 2018 April 5 382 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304 2018 March 5 581 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304 2018 February 5 49 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304

PUN #: 051-222891-0-0000 Legal Description: -AL-31-06N-04W-AL-30-06N-04W
Lease Name: DOGFISH API: 051-24221
Well Name/Number: 1-31-30 MXHR County Name: Grady
Well Classification: Oil County Percent: 100.0000%
Tract #: Total Lease Acreage: 1280
Shut-in Date: Active Date: 01/29/2018
Plugged Date: Active Product code: 1

3 = Reclaimed Oil 5 = Natural Gas 6 = Natural Gas Liquids| |Current Tax Rate: 5.00%| |Split County PUN(s):|

Production Year Production Month Product Code Gross Volume Reporting Company Company Number 2018 May 5 15511 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304 2018 April 5 9863 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304 2018 March 5 13471 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304 2018 February 5 4362 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304

You could also check the occ for well records, remember to use the location as S36 since that is where the surface is located.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

in Legal Location put 3606N05W they have the permits and amended permits listed.

Thank you again! I must be looking in the wrong place for information. I did try the occ. site and they showed nothing.

I will use the Grady location etc. Thanks again!

There are two different Dogfish wells. The permits are in 36-6N-5W. Scroll down on them and you can see the maps that show the different well paths and bottom hole locations. The MXH was very close to the McClain County line. The MXHR is about 1000 feet to the east.

The production for MXHR is listed in 30 06N04W on the OK tax site. Strangely enough, both of them are listed in 31 06N 04W. Odd. Usually only one place.

Thank you so much! I have actually hired an attorney on this. EOG has not been cooperative with me. They claimed they did not have a correct address to send the extension to. However, I have documents showing the correct address (that they provided to my attorney) They filed the permit to drill after my lease had expired, and the wording on my lease says a well must be in production. In short, they are in agreement that they needed to extend the lease, but are claiming that their intention to extend was what was required. We are pursuing legal measures, but I could not determine how to find updates on the well. My name is not on the pooling order - I assume they did not do this in belief they still have the minerals leased.

Again, I appreciate your help!

Thanks to Martha for the information! Always so helpful!

Thanks again Martha!

Just so you are aware, they have filed Affidavits stating that they exercised the extension option and sent payment with certified mail. Since they say they sent it certified, they should be able to prove it.

AFF.PDF (270.1 KB) <a class=“attachment”

Yes and that is part of the problem. They have refused to produce that evidence. I knew they filed the affidavit, but they have not provided any documentation (or money) to myself or my attorney. The crux of the issue is that there was an address change, (which was updated with the company who originated the lease - before they reassigned it) but somewhere along the way the ball got dropped. We have documentation of the facts, but I am getting no cooperation from them. Even when they have been re-given the address, they have failed to pay any extension. When I saw the affidavit filed, and told my attorney about it, he said it would be addressed in court.

Needless to say, I am exhausted over the efforts!

Just curious - how did you know the name of the owner? I am POA for her, and she has a different name than I do

What a mess. I was just working a section where the extensions were a total mess with EOG. It also didn’t help that landowners were filing Affidavits saying they weren’t extended, but then turns out they were after we spoke to them on the phone.

I just hopped on the online records and that was the only link I saw in the Mineral Deed of Personal Representative that was filed.