Need attorney recommendations

I need some help seeking reputable attorneys in Ritchie county. I live in Mississippi and have inherited some mineral rights there as part of an estate with approximately 40 heirs. I’ve been collecting royalties for about 3-4 years and an attorney in fact has been paying the taxes for the estate as a whole. I want to have my ownership and taxes sent to me and not part of the group estate. This attorney in fact is now deceased I believe and the 2021 taxes have not been paid. I don’t know all 40 of the heirs or even who they are and the total estate tax is way more than I can pay myself. Obviously none of us want to lose our mineral rights to auction for failure to pay taxes. Any help is appreciated.

You can observe qualified professionals (often with localized expertise) who provide services to mineral owners right here on The Mineral Rights Forum. You will notice them among 3 different instances on the site:

  • in display image ads and/or brief text messaging on site

  • in our Mineral Service Provider Directory in the main navigation above. These are arranged by professional discipline.

  • as a Business Member participating in many conversations throughout the site (note the blue colored “B” on their picture and blue text on their posts).

These practitioners are often able to provide the specific (and often localized) services that meet your needs.

The Mineral Rights Forum Administration

Miller law Firm out of Fairmont, WV, Attorney Alex Miller

I used Bernstein & Burkley law firm in Wheeling WV 412-456-8105 (Trisha Hudkins) to help me with filing of a petition in the Ritchie county courthouse to claim rights to a missing heirs lease on file there.

I would check with Windom Law Office in Harrisville Wv. (304-643-4440)

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.