Ned well W-2

Did anyone ever see the W-2 on the Ned well around Brownsboro area. When I search Tx RRC I am unable to find this and I thought at one point it was there?

J.H.,

To my knowledge there was never a Completion Report(W-2)filed on the NED #1 API 213-31055.

No Completion Packet Found:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/ewaSearchAction.do?methodToCall...

Clint Liles

Thank you Clint. What do you make of the plugging report on that well?

My terminology must be incorrect on the W2. I was looking for something that showed the test figures and casing sizes used?

J.H.,

I haven't heard anything about this well....all hush, hush.

Possibly Rockman can give us some info...

Clint Liles

There were W-2's filed on this well by Eagle Land (operator of record as CHK went "stealth" on this well). But the filings indicate that no testing was ever done on this well.

I understand that this was a "science well" for CHK as the gathered data for the Goodland Lime. Lots of core and open hole logging but no testing.

CHK did move in a rig after the original well was drilled and actually plugged back and drilled a slightly deviated hole from the original.

Latest W-2 (post this deviation drilling) attached

999-TXCompletions9ac124bd7d86445bbe8233cd9fa1e276.pdf (2.71 MB)

Thanks Rock Man, much appreciated.

Thanks Rockman,

Clint Liles

No problem - I think that CHK was planning to drill horizontal test but economics / oil prices changed those plans over time.

Chesapeake submitted a drilling permit request today for the Ned 1H...

Ned 1H

There appears to be a well head now sitting on Ned site this week. Anyone know if the economics have changed enough for them to finally produce this well or is it more testing?

Frac job was scheduled to start late this week, according to what I heard. I'm planning to drive by the wellsite on Monday to see what's happening.

CHK has drilled a 7500' lateral from this surface location. Plus they have put together a lot of additional acreage in this area and in Smith County

Thank you Rock Man and Alan Herrington, much appreciated.

Do you know if they are still currently putting together acreage now, or was it what they had put together before oil prices dropped and they stopped leasing in the area?

JH,

CourtHouseDirect shows that Chesapeake is leasing for 4 to 5 miles in every direction from the Ned !H well.

Clint Liles

I've been tracking their leasing activity, and it's a combination of both. Some of the leasing began in 2012, and some of those leases are being extended. Much of the leasing is still in primary term via multiple entities...a significant number of assignments to CHK were made in early September this year.

My estimate is that Chesapeake has as much as 90,000 gross acres currently leased in Henderson and Smith Counties. Target is Goodland Lime. Southwestern Energy has a 55,000 net acre position in Anderson County (leases written in the second half of 2014) that they described as being part of a 250,000-acre area of interest (Goodland Lime).

The Ned 1H is a pivotal well in the ongoing attempt to make the potential Goodland Lime play work.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Drove by the Ned 1H wellsite this afternoon...frac job is underway.
The pad is completely covered with pump trucks, mixing tanks, and other equipment. Two 12-inch rubber water lines run along both sides of the Highway 31 leading to their two water sources. A sand truck staging area has been established a couple of miles east of the wellsite alongside Highway 31.

Great field update! Figure they will be frac'ing for a week considering the length of the lateral. Did you notice light towers? Figure it should be a 24/7 operation