Monthly well production info?

Is anyone aware of publicly available information on monthly gas and oil production by well?

I found one link that shows annual production, but am in need of month by month figures if they are made public.

Thanks.

Go to this website and it will give you all the information you are looking for month by month.

Shawn, thanks so much. That is most helpful.

If I may ask, what are Non-Gas Liquids?

I recall in the lease, there was supposed to be other valuable quantities that would be extracted in addition to Gas and Oil.

On the pay statement, I only see gas and oil.

Are these NGL’s waste or a commodity?

NGL stands for Natural Gas Liquids. Methane is the simplest of the gases. The rest are ethane, propane, butane, isobutane, pentane, etc. They are stripped out and sold under different pricing according to their value. Many companies roll them back into the gas numbers on their statements.

Thank you. I was wondering if those elements were simply rolled into the “gas” pay category.

Antero emails me monthly production statement when they send payment. Do you currently get one of those?

You can get a report from the WV DEP on their Database and Map page for all horizontal wells by month for oil, gas, water and NGL’s. The reports come out about 4-6 months in arrears. Go to dep.wv.gov. Here is the latest report thru the 3rd Qrt of 2023: 2023Q3 Horizontal Well Production.xlsx (1022.2 KB)

1 Like

This is from my report that include Cedar Run, Spili, Nomad and Peach Fork

Is this a Marcellus or a Utica well?

Shawn,

Yes, we have received two statements so far.

I was looking to find some older wells in the area to do a depletion analysis and needed several years of production.

We have an interest in the same wells that you have listed.

It’s a blessing, but so unfortunate that gas is at a multi-decade low. :rage:

We dont have any Utica wells at the moment. All of our wells are Marcellus wells. I know what you mean as far as the price of natural gas being so low at the moment but i think it will rebound back up over time. I know the 2022 prices were a fluke but it sure was nice on some of those checks.

None of ours are Utica wells. All Tyler/Wetzel Marcellus wells.

I’m not knowledgeable about the process. Hopeful that after the Marcellus production tapers off, they will use the same pad and go deeper.

Not sure if it works that way. Ha

From what i have learned from a landman natural gas prices will have to go back up to at least $4 before they will start drilling Utica wells. Not to mention they don’t want to mix the Marcellus and Utica gases together since Marcellus has all of the wet liquids mixed in and the Utica is a dry gas.

I would agree. There is a gas glut right now and winter was essentially a no-show in both the US and Europe. Hence natural gas at $1.53 MCF

I can’t imagine the need to tap Utica when the country is awash in shallower gas.

Hopefully, years down the road when existing Marcellus wells are at the end of their useful life, the producers with use existing pads to drill deeper to Utica.

But, I would imagine that to be a ways down the road, if ever.

None are Utica. Lawyer said to keep those rights and lease them later.

I’m fairly certain each of our leases specified a Marcellus depth only.

So, I would imagine the producers would need to re-lease to go deeper to another play.

I hadn’t thought much about that however.

I wonder if there are any Utica wells active in Tyler / Wetzel counties? If so, were they originally Marcellus wells first, then re-drilled deeper?