Mitchell County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

There hasn’t been a second permit filed by operator in Mapache area as of this week.

Thanks for info Rickman please keep us informed. My family does own interest in this unit.

No report on rig move on as per my sources. Approved permit only one month old as of today. Delay in moving on rig could be tied to multiple issues but most likely where operator sits on rig schedule for planned drilling rig.

The drilling rig has moved on location for Mapache “32” unit today. Three span has filed for and gotten approval for a third well directly North East of this well one location. It is named Thunder Valley 2 unit.

Good news on the Mapache area - figure operator is happy with initial production on first well so far to merit additional drilling in today’s price environment.

Or they have lease / drilling obligations to fill.

I just checked countyrecords.com and there aren’t any recent assignments out of Laredo to another oil and gas company. If they did sell it hasn’t shown up yet on countyrecords.com.

Question: Does anyone know for sure, I just heard Shell bought out Loredo over in this area.

Update: Super 8 is working hard to have hotel completed by end of March, the new FGE plant and Desal plant to be starting construction in April, I have Studio 6, La Quinta, Best Western, and Holiday Inn Express just purchased property, Golden Chick is doing business, and I have 2 more fast food restaurants working to coming in as well. Things are still moving forward in Colorado City.

Pretty quick decline after the initial flush production. Below average for sure.

Initial Three Span Mapache well has cum’d 41,300 BO & 27 MMCF thru Jan 2015. Last three months of production was 4559 BO, 4341 BO & 2866 BO.

The second Three Span Mapache well (32 1H) reached TD in late February.

I drove by the Mapache wells Friday. It appears from the road that they are in process of completing No. 2 as there was a lot of equipment on site. An earlier visit with personnel on site, they were optimistic about well results.

I did note they were moving the well rig from the third site, which is further into Scurry Co. Does anyone know any results to up date these comments below?

Good afternoon all - I have a mineral lease thru LMD Energy that is just north of Loraine, section 37 / block 25…does anyone have any info on what’s happening in this area ? The lease is up in the spring of next year, 2016 and I wanted to know if there is any drilling / production going on in the area…

Tx RRC site can be mind numbing to say the least.

I cannot comment directly on Three Span’s costs, but the fact that they were wanting to bring in partners says a lot about their perception of economics in today’s environment.

I figure that the lowest they could get costs to here would in the $4.5-$5 Million drilled and completed range - even their best well won’t work from a discounted ROI at these numbers.

Just my opinion on this

Mapache 3H has produced 55 MBO and 55 MCF as of August 2015. Made 2064 BO & 2800 MCF in that month.

Mapache 32 in Scurry County has produced 63 MBO and 67 MMCF thru August. Made 7880 BO and 12,400 MCF in that month - better well than the 3H

Word was the Three Span was looking to bring in a partner on promoted basis to drill more wells in this project area - haven’t heard if they were successful in doing this (tough in $45 oil environment)

Rockman,

Can you ascertain the production figures for the Three Span wells in Mitchell Co. and Scurry Co.? If so, would you please post them.

I can do this but have you looked at Tx RRC site to pull this info down?

Simplistic EUR projections show 3H to be about a 165 MBO EUR well using 1.26 B Factor.

No enough info to do a projection on the Scurry County well but it will be higher EUR based on production to date

Ive tried to get the information from the TxRRC site but I guess I dont understand the right steps. I always get hung up. Have they been able to reduce cost to where the wells can be profitable at current prices?

Thanks for the information. Three Span has completed the third well and has the fourth well staked so I guess they have some hopes. Haven`t seen a completion report on the third well yet.