Mitchell County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hope goes well , type of pump sounds right . I think there was too much fluid to move in the time span they wanted . TY !

OBSERVATIONS FROM MAPACHE 3 UNIT:

Neither to hype or degrade expectations for the well, bear in mind operations started on 8/14/ 2014. The flare was first lit on 8/20/2014 and the IP test was ran on 8/28/2014 so they were evidently heavily into flowback when the test was ran. 4700 barrels of oil were produced in the two weeks before the IP test was ran. The well was shut down 9/4/2024 and tubing was run. Production was then restarted and the flare was burning bigger and brighter than before. (and still is). On 9/26/2014 a tanker driver from the well said they were moving 4 to 5 tankers of oil and 2 to 3 tankers of water a day from the well.

The permit for the well called for a 4647 foot lateral but the IP report showed they were producing from a 2948ft lateral.

However: they moved a pump jack onto location yesterday so they may not feel it is going to keep flowing from it`s own pressure. This week there is a lot of ditching and dirt work going on in and around the location and an old pipeline going across the cotton field about 1/4 mile north of the well is being refurbished. My assumptions are that it is to tie the well in. I could be wrong.

RockMan , there was a pump of some kind in the hole - thus explaining well flowing with no pressure . They were trying to get excess water out of the hole before putting pumpjack on the well , but the pump was not doing the job they wanted ,therefore the need for pumpjack. I know very little about downhole ,but was info I was given . Excuse me if I am wrong in your eyes , just hate to see arguing . Like I said disagree if you want to ,you wont hurt my feelings ! Hope it is a good well for Three Span and all the rest of us involved .

Well probably didn’t have the pressure to unload the frac fluid at high rate to get the O&G starting to move. So high volume pump makes a lot of sense.

Based on the August numbers (which may be skewed due to flowback related issues), GOR (gas to oil ratio) on the low side (438:1 cubic feet per BO). May be indicative of lower reservoir energy.

Sounds like there may have been a down hole jet pump installed to help move the water. The puzzling thing to me is the Tx RRC completion filing that indicates well is flowing with no pressure.

May just be a filing snafu on operator’s part. Of new Tx RRC forms are not set up to show the pertinent data for this sort of artificial lift set ups.

Looking forward to seeing the first few months of production on this well.

Question Rock Man:

Why did the W2 form show the well was flowing if they were using some kind of artificial lift?

With the three year leases about to expire, has anyone been contacted about renewals? Or know of any company’s renewing?

First good news about Mitchell County in a long time. Maybe some new leasing or renewals of leases in the near-ish future? What do y’all think?

It`s interesting that the TxRRC report showed that the well produced 2242 BBL between the three days of filing the W2 report and the end of the month. 6942 minus 4700 is 2242.

As noted, the W2 filing does not jive with what appears to be happening. But this would not be the first time that I have seen Tx RRC filings not totally in sync with what is happening on a well. There is no “check and balance” that I know of where the Tx RRC does any quality control on filings to make sure that they are 100% dead on. They are having a hard time just keeping up with the paperwork across the state.

On the production for August and the filing date of the W2, I would not take as gospel the relationship of the filing date versus the “BO produced prior to IP test rate being recorded”. Potential for a lot of leeway on the date. The BO number in this category may be a tad off too.

I have not been contacted, however, I am not executive on the property, and the man who IS executive, Tom Rees, never returns my calls, so I have no idea what our status is; however, a couple of months ago, I contacted Firewheel directly and they told me that they were not planning to renew.

You keep the "ship"steady .

Three Span has not yet posted Sept production numbers to the Tx RRC. That data should be able to tell us something about about well performance / decline.

And thank you for the kind words.

Rock Man certainly knows more than I do . He is in the know,and I respect his posts!

Hate to tell this but Three Span is not interested in anything south of FM 1982 !

Mapache 3 production report

Query%20Results%20by%20Lease_do.htm

Rock Man,

There is a permit for Mapache “32” Unit filed in Scurry Co. terminating in Mitchell Co. It was filed last month.

Mickie,

They have started building the pad for the second Mapache well this last week so the rig should move in very soon. The well will be adjacent to State Highway 644 on the west side of the road about 200 yards North of the Lone Wolf Cemetery.

550 BOPD - great rate! Let’s continue to monitor over time to see how decline runs

Larry, this is Bill on Toni’s page. Wish you were right but if you read the attachments on the new Wulfjen permit you will see it is a correction only for the number 2 well. Devon sent us a release on all our acreage except for the proration units the two wells hold. They cannot drill again unless they want to come and lease again. They basically told us they had given up on the Cline in this area and were pulling out. Hopefully somebody will figure out a way to frack the Cline in this area some day, but my engineer friends tell me that nothing is on the horizon. Maybe the northeast side of the county will see some more Odom/Strawn tests.

Does anyone know if they have started drilling the 2nd Mapache well?