Mineral right interest

When receiving mineral rights interest checks how can the interest amount be different in siblings inherited interest?

Could be because each person had a different royalty in their lease, could be an error in the Division Order, could be that each sibling has different acreage. Contact the Division Order Analyst to ask what they are carrying. Have an probate documents ready.

We both have the same royalties and same acreage.

How large is the difference?

My Sister has 0.001 interest in one and my for the same is 0.00005. Not sure how they come up with this.

Contact the Division Order Analyst for your area. They will have the documentation and may be able to help you clear it up.

@Shrayes definitely contact DO Analyst for your area, but honestly it may be difficult getting in touch with anybody if its Antero or some of the other operators in your area. But generally you’re right that IF you got it from the same place then it should be the same amount all else equal. Though there is a lot in the “all else equal” portion. Also thats a BIG difference in ownership so its very suspicious…

Sometimes they do make mistakes though (happened to us). I know in the past I’ve contacted Nick Criado from AMCO and he’s been very helpful - wont run title for your but they have helped me with understanding some title. If you want his info you can PM me

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.