Marion County TX Oil & Gas Permits

Post, discuss and share information related to Marion County Oil & Gas permits in the replies below.

Thank you to Clint Liles for championing the effort to keep us all up to date.

1 Like

August 6, 2013

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=487777816&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Qy07DMBD8mnK0dp2HctlDhOAMtKKHqAc3sVJLeWntqCDl41kHIUHKGXHxzo7H69lZEID0goCEd8x1WQc3Di81NxWcaOWv9mymyWsl18oHE6wKb2r2u6QsQBSadvrx4VgKTCJs2HWdG9ony70L_nm2_P45VjWjiFLqbbiMzWG8N10nREZsw8zDYdxbw_VFqILgxk3l19uSW68mw6Z_Nd1sV5PyMeSxppRgFkFGZ9u6wR9diPNk4I8e9abf6HVKUMgukMuhAZPIZRtu4xD_Li__lVNOk2ktf8vj1_DwVG110SzhoglhSQTIwksmNRfi9vV_i_4DmLcYSrcCAAA

August 22, 2013

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=487818920&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Qy07DMBD8mnK0vE4c5bKHCMEZaEUPUQ9uYqWW8tLaUUHKx7MOQgKXM-LinR2P17OzgpSoVpCAcEfUVE1w0_jSUFvLE2781Z7NPHsl-Fr4YIIV4U0sfpdVpWSFwp16fDhWDLMIW3J978buydLggn9eLL1_jhXtxKIcBxsuU3uY7k3fM6GRbFhoPEx7a6i5MFWivHFT--22os6L2ZAZXk2_2M0kfyyLWHPMQEeg8Ww7N_qjC3EeD_zRg0r6RK9ylCXvolQ8JGSR0wmXOIS_y8t_5VTgbDpL3_L4NTw41akumkVYFYJcMwa88Kq5Fkzcvv5v0X8A1d-PPrcCAAA

September 19, 2013

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=487884971&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Qy07DMBD8mnK0vE4clcMeIlTOtFT0EPXgJlZqKS-tHQFSPp51EBK4nBEX7-x4vJ6dBaREtYAEhDuiuqyDG4dDTU0lz7jyr_ZipskrwdfCBxOsCG9i9pus3EpWKNyox92pZJhF2JDrOje0T5Z6F_x-tvT-OVY0I4ty7G24js1xfDBdx4RGsmGm4Tg-W0P1laktyhs3lV9vS2q9mAyZ_sV0s11N8seyiDXHDHQEGi-2dYM_uRDn8cAfPaikT_QqR3nPu0A8lIQscjrhEofwd3n5r5wKnExr6Vsev4YH5yrVRbMIi0KQS8aAF14014KJ29f_LfoPRpdzYrcCAAA

October 21, 2013

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=487962987&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Qy07DMBD8mnK0vE5S9bKHCMEZaEUPUQ9uYqWWnIfWjgqSP551EBK4nBEXe3Z2PZ6dCFKiiiAB4Y6ordtgp_Glpa6RJ1z5qznrefZKcFv4oIMR4U0sflPUO8kTCjfq8eFYMywS7Mg6Z8f-ydBgg39eDL1_yopu4qESBxMuU3eY7rVzTFRIJiw0Hqa90dRemNqhvHHT-LVbU-_FrEkPr9otZjXJH8si3SUWsIIKz6a3oz_akPRY8EcNKquzeVUiSN5FQTrkqqmqjMscwt_l5b9y2uKse0Pf8vg1PDg1-VwyixAV7xQLBiXKyAvGLRO3r_9b9B8cSGWDtwIAAA

We were recently told we had inherited mineral rights and we were sent a contract for TR Energy to lease for mineral rights. They said it sets on a 98 acre tract which are several owners. We were told that we probably won't make any money off of it even if the hit gas/oil. Anyone have this happen to them?

Thomas,

First advise. Don't believe anything an oil/gas company tells you. They are not in business for you to make money. They are in business for themselves to make money. IT IT'S NOT IN WRITING IT AIN'T WORTH 2 CENTS.

Also, if it was mine and I wasn't going to make any money from it I wouldn't lease to TR Energy. Period.

What is your abstract # and then we can look at the GIS map and see what wells/activity if any are around your area.

Clint Liles

Thomas,

I cannot find where TR Energy is an approved oil/gas operator in the Texas Oil and Gas Directory.

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/operators/ogdirectory/index.php

Company Overview

TR Energy, Inc. provides oil and gas exploration services. The company also engages in the drilling of oil and gas wells.

Thank you, Clint Liles, relating to the information about TR Energy for Thomas Slankard! Thomas, I tried to reach you through the "friend" and private contact route with no response. Since I only joined the group once I read your inquiry, I am concerned I didn't do something correctly in attempting to reach you to explain that through an heirship, several members of my family were contacted by a landman re: to what I believe is the same 98.66 acre property. The lease agreements were signed after one relative had a Texas mineral rights attorney review the mineral rights lease agreement, but TR Energy was NOT involved what-so-ever to my knowledge. The landman I spoke to sent me portions of a court document which listed the names of those receiving a percentage of mineral rights from almost 50 years ago where a relative died intestate and the estate went what I call "back up the family tree and then back down". While Slankard is not a name listed in the court document, I have seen the Slankard name appear in other documents, so I am guessing you are either a descendant of a blood relative of mine (paternal side of the deceased relative) or a descendant from the maternal side of the deceased relative). The property is 98.66 acres, more or less, of the Isaac H. Johnson Survey, A-216, Marion County, Texas. Because there are so many descendant heirs, and the factor that if a well is drilled it could be capped, the likelihood of seeing much, if any money, is more-than-likely a reality. The Landman I spoke to in September was doing her due diligence to locate all the rightful heirs and I do know that a Slankard was one of them. If this is the same property Thomas is referencing, would anyone in this discussion have a comment for the both of us as to why a different company would be contacting Thomas rather than the Land Service Company which contacted about 17 of my immediate relatives and me and I helped her identify other descendants? I would like to find out more about this property as well as my mineral rights knowledge and experience is about 60 days in all.

Thomas Glen Slankard said:

We were recently told we had inherited mineral rights and we were sent a contract for TR Energy to lease for mineral rights. They said it sets on a 98 acre tract which are several owners. We were told that we probably won't make any money off of it even if the hit gas/oil. Anyone have this happen to them?

Posting a link to a Horizontal gas well API 315-30998 1-H (Clark Gas Unit 1-H) that was drilled in A-213 went thru A-141 and into A-216. No completion report or production data found through RR Commission Website on Clark Gas Unit 1-H. No production data available from Welldatabase.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPubli...

GIS map of A-216

Clint Liles

Thank you, Clint Liles. This is great!

Clint Liles said:

Posting a link to a Horizontal gas well API 315-30998 1-H (Clark Gas Unit 1-H) that was drilled in A-213 went thru A-141 and into A-216. No completion report or production data found through RR Commission Website on Clark Gas Unit 1-H. No production data available from Welldatabase.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPubli...

GIS map of A-216

Clint Liles

Thanks for all the response on this. We took it to an attorney and he said just sign it. Our son n law works for an oil company and has for the last 5 years. He sais if you don't sign it they will go right up against your property and drill under it to see if there is any gas/ oil. He said they can legally drill horizontal without asking permission. So, if we didn't sign they would do it anyway. We figured we would not make money from it. So, we are just back in the same place as we were before we found out about it. With nothing..lol..I did hear that you could have old royalties that u didn't receive because they haven't found you. That would be a true blessing for us, or any kind of royalties..

Our plot or whatever u want to call it is Isaac H. Johnston survey, A-216 in Marion County, Tx.. the same land described in that certain warranty deed dated May 1 1970, From Joseph A. Hartley and wife Aletha Hartley. to Robert W Smiley, recorded in Volume 329 page 614 of the deed of records of Marion County tx

Charla Reece please feel free to contact me through gle1349@gmail.com if you have any questions, but I don't have any answers to any of this.

How do we find out how many heirs own this 98 acre tract of mineral rights? And how will we know if they drill and find oil or gas?

November 18, 2013

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=LAKE%2BFERRELL%2BUNIT&univDocNo=488047951

November 25, 2013

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=CLARK%2BGAS%2BUNIT&univDocNo=487910963

Thanks, Clint! I saw this post almost immediately after you posted it (via my cell) and it was exciting to see the permit was approved. You definitely keep people up-to-date in this forum. THANK YOU, again!

Clint, I'm not sure how any of this works, but it looks as though a gas company is permitted to drill on the 98.66 acre tract. How will any of us know if they find something and keep it from us. Also, I think I have mineral rights in Osage Mineral rights, but I am unsure how to locate the info to find out. Do you have any idea on this?

Thomas,

After the well is drilled you can email the RR Commission help desk for answers at: Lorenzo Garza <Lorenzo.Garza@rrc.state.tx.us>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or for production questions: productionreporting-info@rrc.state.tx.us <productionreporting-in...

I have emailed them numerous times and they have always been very generous and helpful with answers.

As far as your question about Osage Mineral rights, I'm not sure I understand your question. Are these mineral rights in Texas or Oklahoma? And what County are they in and if in Texas what is the Abstract #?

Clint Liles