Marcellus Shale Formation Production Decline Curve

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a current production decline curve for the Marcellus Shale Formation in WVA?

I don’t know if this is the right direction or not, you may be looking for something else, but here is gas type curve for a single well in Marshall County. Based off of 170 wells online in the last 4 years. Average lateral length of 9600’.

Oil/condensate volumes look to be about 3% of the gas volumes at the beginning and drop off to about 1% by month 30 (and presumably will keep dropping from there).

2 Likes

Thank you for the decline curve provided. Since my mineral rights are located in Marshall County, it pretty much hits the nail on the head. I am using this information to as a valuation tool using discounted cash flow analysis. Looking at the potential value of selling my mineral rights in the first year or two of operations versus holding on for the longer term. I appreciate your feedback!

1 Like

Did you happen to get the notice of increase of appraisal for the well taxes?

Perry, I just received a notice with an appraised value increase of 39 times what it was last year. I have called the WV Property Tax Division to dispute the increase and await their reply. Will follow up with written inquiry if I don’t hear back by the first of the year.

In a follow up on my original post regarding tax appraisals for Marshall County WV O&G leases, I contacted the WV State Tax Department and was informed that they are working on correcting numerous appraisals connected with Southwestern Energy as the producer. Not sure who all it affects. If you received an errant appraisal you can contact them at 304 558-0781. They have received over 700 calls so far. They will take down your info and it will probably be at least a couple of weeks before they can get back to you with the corrections. Very nice people.

1 Like

Thanks for the update mine are with EQT and they tell you its on minerals you own but in my case due to an agreement they are taxing me on on the income !

Thanks for the Decline curve. Just curious where you got this from as wanted to see if the same exists in Tyler County

@Perrylkeaton Where are your interests located in Marshall? We have a bunch of stuff in Marshall county and are just now analyzing the new Tax Appraisements

Mines in the Cameron area, I’ve emailed the tax department but have received no response

I just pulled data from Enverus for Marshall Cty. I know very close to zero about West Virginia but I love John Denver. Here is what Tyler Cty looked like for the last 3 years (180 wells, average length 11,200’). EUR guess of 13BCF.

1 Like

@NMoilboy Cool stuff - and love the John Denver reference … had to think about it for a sec lol

I dont have Enverus, but I’m assuming this data is subscription based, correct?

yes, its a subscription.

Mine is not a subscription it came with a sign up from eqt, but if I want the statement in xcl I have to buy it

Mineral iQ is free to sign up for

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.