Lynn County, TX -Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I am part of a group of mineral rights owners in a Section of land in Lynn County. I noted that there is a relatively new producing well in the next Section over and, in fact, it appears to be just a few acres across the border. How do I find out what size the "unit" or "spacing" is in the area? The producing well looks close to our section on the map. Thanks.

You can find a survey of where the well is located under the info on the RRC website. There is a video tutorial on the Home page of this website that shows you how to navigate it. The fastest way to locate the spacing regulations, or “field rules”, is to Google Field Rules for …

New member, have 40 acres in north central Lynn co. that is not leased. Is there any activity in that area? Really enjoy all the info. and am learning as I go. thank you,

JJ

johnny,

Since January 1, 2013 there have been 11 approved permits issued by RR Commission. 9 for new drill and 2 for reenters. Am posting a link for 2 pages of permits. Click on the Lease Name to view each permit.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitsQueryAction.do?pager.pageSize=10&pager.offset=0&methodToCall=search&searchArgs.paramValue=|1003=8A|1004=305|1005=beginsWith|1008=beginsWith|1012=beginsWith|1015=beginsWith|1024=01%2F01%2F2013|1025=10%2F02%2F2013&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Ry07DMBD8mnK0vHZc5bKHCNEztBU9RD24iZVayktrR4CUj2cdQIKUM-JijWfXs7PjGaRENYMEhDuiqqiiH_p9RXUpz7jwL-5ixzEowWURoo1OxFcxhY0ucskdCjdq93AqGOoEa_Jt6_vm0VHnY3iaHL19yIp64KYMOxevQ30c7m3bMmGQXJyoPw4HZ6m6MpWjvHFThqVaUBPEaMl2z7ad3GKSB-dpPmtraRIweHGN78PJx6THgj_uoFb3Vb_KUALvshxKgk6cQZCJU5_cyiH8XV7hK6ctjrZx9C2PX8ODc7nuS2b54xXvNGsEmLOEDFNbBrfv_1v476LIR425AgAA

Clint Liles

johnny, also Shell has 75% of the county leased and they're no longer exploring the county, so i and probably everyone on here hopes the activity picks up again when these leases expire.

Thank you Clint. interesting..

jj

Raw Energy has hired Dawson Geophysical Company in Midland to do a 3D Seismic Survey on our minerals in Lynn County. Is this a good or bad thing?

Very encouraging! A step towards drilling.

I signed the seismic lease with Dawson on Friday. When I talked with their agent in Sept., he said he'd sent out about 250 lease request letters for RAW, covering a little over 100 sq. miles in Lynn county. Callon Petroleum, who has a mineral lease on our requested tract, also signed the seismic lease with Dawson. While many of the Lynn Co. tracts are leased to others, many of those mineral leases are expiring in the upcoming months (from leasing frenzy in late 2010 and into 2011), so RAW can either go after desirable expired lease tracts or sell their seismic results to the Lessee. (RAW has numerous wells all over Lynn co.)

To answer your question...pros and cons of signing...'pro' is a little income and better knowledge of what's underground. 'Con' can be better knowledge of what's underground! Also, our tract has no housing or irrigation wells on the farm, so no dangers of damage there. If yours has those, or cattle, be sure to get protections against any possible damage. We used the seismic lease prepared by Cal Huffaker and negotiated with Dawson, as opposed to the lease they sent us, since it's more comprehensive.

What part of the county are they looking at?

Robert, we have 2 farms on the O'Donnell highway. They leased one tract about 5 miles south of Tahoka, but didn't request a seismic lease on the other one about 3 miles south. I know of someone else about 5 miles south and 2-4 miles east of the highway who also got the seismic offer. We did NOT get requests for seismic lease on any of our other farms in Lynn co....not Draw, nor West Point, nor Post Hwy.

Robert, our land is about 5-7 miles NW of O'Donnell as the crow flies.

Ok, I am trying to keep up information for a good friend that has leased rights by Petrohawk in Lynn up near the Lubbock county line. My wife has land in Yoakum County that I follow also.

Hi Festus. The seismic survey is like having a little bit of found money lying around in a drawer. You'll be able to go out have a nice dinner on it and that is about all.

Changing the subject a bit, my Mom owns a small amount of mineral rights in Lynn County, located approximately 3 miles southwest of Wilson. We tried to lease it a year or so ago, but the leasing company finally said that it was not in their area of interest at that time. Is anyone aware of any current leasing activity in that area, and if so, who might be the leasing company?

Festus, my farm is in your area as well...basically on the corner of 213 and 179. Thats good news they're looking! Hope they wanna take a look at mine.

Dawson did a 3D on ours last December. We are leased to Petro Hawk that runs out in March. We haven't had any activity since last Jan.

I too, received a letter from Dawson today. My acreage is about 15 miles NW of O'Donnell. In Terry County but close to the Lynn County line.

Hi Melissa!

So they're (Dawson for RAW) now sending out a second round of seismic lease offers... very interesting!

I received an offer from Dawson. They want to do a survey but theyre working for Harness Oil and Gas, not Raw. They're at $15/Acre, wondering if anyone was successful in negotiating a higher price. Also, what protection did you put in for damage, besides the damge statement in the offer?