Lynn County, TX -Oil & Gas Discussion archives

robert come home and see for your self when a major drills for 120 days on one locatation maybe there is no oil there bull the norton rig at west point was at 10918 feet at 6 yesterday evening there is 3 rigs running in terry and lynn that I have visited in the last 24 what is the price that the oil co headge there stuff at hu dont tell me they are not drilling the heavest drilling is in howard county the oil co all are together on the explore end what about trail mountain and oxy lots of stuff changing hands mary if you need the money sell and how old are you this oil play is probably going to peek for about 5 or more years oil may be 200ab who knows in 1927 bonus money was 50 cents per acre in terry today as much as $775 per acre so who knows.Robert is right The future is brighter on the dollar

$

Thanks, e dubose - that is sort of what I was getting at. There comes a time when waiting for something to happen becomes a moot point especially when one is getting older. While I'm not on the "bone pile" yet, I do have to consider that this may be the only $$ I will ever see. I do not desire to sell but if we are looking at another decade down the road, I could have second thoughts. I know this is a huge gamble and like my father before me, we play the game but it is nice to be able to converse with others who may have more experience in this game. Ultimately, I will make my own decision but I do appreciate so very much all the sage advice from wiser heads.

Mary I have an Article you may be interested in. Don’t know how to post it here. But would be glad to email it.

Thanks, Ralph. I would really appreciate that. Email address is: mlboggus@att.net. BTW, which Huffaker are you? My dad was Charlie Lichey and Walter was my uncle. Lichey family always dealt with Calloway and Mike and Beth used to live next door to my parents in Tahoka.

Mary Calloway was my grandfather. Cal is my brother

Notice to everyone who received the offer to sell mineral rights from Southwest Petroleum in Dallas at the rate of 2.5x per mineral acre what your lease bonus was, I have just spoken with a good friend landman in San Antonio who told me that he would love to have the opportunity to speak with anyone who is seriously thinking about selling. He all but guaranteed that his company would offer you more than what Southwest has offered. He says that this is a very low-ball figure. So, if anyone is really serious about selling, contact me and I will put you in touch. mlboggus@att.net.

Mary Lou, Do not know where your land is but there have been 36 drilling permits issued in Lynn County in 2013. I pulled the results on a couple of the wells Thread the Needle and Dana(horizontal well) Nice results. Just thought this would help

I went to the Texas RR commission site (http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do) and did a query on Lynn County drilling permit applications for 2013 and the results were nine - submitted and approved and one - submitted on 7/19. Where did you get the 36?

Paige: Thanks for the time and effort you give to keep us informed.

b rieger and David F - thanks for your info - I too accessed the drilling permit apps for 2013 and found only 9 - 2 of which were re-enters and 2 horizontal. My land is 10 miles N of Tahoka, 20 miles S of Lubbock, right on the east shoulder of Hiwy 87. Wilson is closest "town" to the east - I graduated from Wilson High School. I, too, would like to know where you found 36 drilling permits. Please let me know if I am missing something.

David,

I went back and pulled and I often pull Lubbock and Lynn together. I still can not come up with the 36. I don't know what happen. I came up with 10 or could say 9 +1 for mapping. Sorry Mary Lou I should have printed and counted.

No worries. I was kind of hoping there were 36! BTW, I don't remember if this has been posted here but you can see the location that a permit is referencing by using this link: http://www.earthpoint.us/TexasLandSurveySearchByDescription.aspx. You'll need to go to the permit detail and get the Survey / Legal Location Information. But once you have it you can see where it is in Lynn County if you have Google Maps on your computer it will take you right there.

Thanks Guys! You are awesome! It really would be nice to get a nice, big, fat well somewhere close! In the meantime, we'll keep watching. Thank goodness for this forum and kudos to Paige!

Since Mr. Dubose post of activity in Howard county I pulled the permits two different times and since the first of the year and there are 323 permits. Wow busy county.

just a note I am on the road the well at lynn terry line on 380 as of last friday night was at 10918 ft deep will catch up on forum in a few days

Ralp a lot of us have good memories of your gfather

watch the norton rigs #2 and#6 Around Odonnell should be drilling now if now soon

Dana well 203h completion filed 08/06/2013…24hr test pump 532 barrels!

Hey David, Dana well 201H test pumped at 500 back in December 2012.

I am looking for approximately 5-10 acres of land for the possibility of placing a commercial disposal well....does anyone know any surface rights owners that may be interested? Call me, 512-791-2499