Lubbock County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

sad to say but these guys do not have it right yet I hope that cog apache and raw have it right on the ross cotton farm in terry that they spent 30 mil on I believe I have read that cog had been very successful with there sand, fracks,hope they get it right they just took over a lease of mine about 120 days ago

so many people throwing money at this oil they will get it right soon

The Enduro Ratliff is scheduled to be plugged and the Preston has been shut down. Enduro has suspended all operations in Lubbock county, TX. Supposedly, the Preston was the only one making any oil and it was not very much.

FYI, Forge Energy has re-entered the Four Sevens Teal # 1. They are testing 6 pay zones. They have seen success on a few zones to this point. I will provide more info as I get it.

That’s correct. They are testing the last upper zone in the Clearfork. Hasn’t been very promising so far. The lower zones have shown some oil but not much. Should know the final outcome next week and what the plan is going forward.

If J. Franklin’s comment about Enduro is correct, then boy how things can change in six months. Everybody should read the article from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal dated March 20 2013. It is about as up-beat as you can get. Here is the link: http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2013-03-20/drilling-boom-lubbock

I’m attending a seminar the city is putting on next Thursday at the Overton Hotel, on the local oil and gas situation. Should be intersesting.

Latest news on the Teal # 1. It will be ta’ed. (temporarily abandoned). Not enough oil to warrant producing.

The rig on the Teal #1 was waiting for a rod string to be delivered today. They seem to want to pump it for a while. May be mostly water but they must see something to warrant the purchase of a rod string.

That is correct. I received the word early this morning to set the well up on corrosion treatments. I’ll keep you updated on production as soon as there is something to report. I’ll be in contact with the engineer today to see what they expect.

Forge Teal#1 is making all water just as consultant said it would. Their work over was a bust.

Making 300 plus barrels of water per day. Still has a 4000 ft fluid level above the pump. Not sure how long they will pump it. Im sure they will try to pump it down to see if they can get the wellbore pressure down to allow some oil entry.

thanks for the report It helps others understand the steps in getting a well to produce oil.

Forge Teal #1 is still making only water. Unknown how long they will continue with pumping experiment with no oil to show justification.

Texland Petroleum is going to drill a horizontal well in the southern part of the Stinnett field starting around the end of December. Anyone have any knowledge of the Stinnett? I own a very small piece of this, and have been getting a royalty check from Texland for over 10 years. It’s already been extensively drilled on already. the new drilling surprised me.

I’m told that the Wolfcamp is a complete no go in our region. The rock is not as it needs to be. Meanwhile, there will be a well drilled by Posey by Santo Petroleum to around 11,000’ based on a seismic feature.

Last report from Forge is they plan to possibly run a sub pump in the Teal to try and pump it down. I cant see the thought process behind this with the absence of any oil. I talk to the engineer over this well on a weekly basis. I will keep you informed.

Forge Teal #1 is still 100% water. Not even a skim of crude.

When a well is flooded out (not pumped off), a well can produce predominantly water with little or no evidence of oil. It’s a logical thing to do, especially considering the many millions of dollars that have already been spent. It certainly doesn’t look good, but it is worth the effort for the relatively minimal additional cost.

Never seen a submersible pump turn a water well into an oil well. Good luck to Forge.